Berkeley College Online Book Club discussion

Break the Ice - Introduce Yourself (Winter 2020)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited Jan 10, 2020 08:23AM) (new)

Maria | 10 comments Mod
The Berkeley College Online Book Club is excited to focus our Winter 2020 reading selection: "Meet 100 People" by Pat Hedley.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself!

-Campus
-Major
-Grad year (class of...)
-Have you ever participated in an Online Book Club discussion before?
If yes - any tips for newcomers?
If no - any questions? What are you most looking forward to?
-Anything else you'd like to share!

reply | edit | delete | flag *

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric G. | 7 comments Hello, and salutations. I am Eric G. Washington, a Berkeley College student studying business administration/management. I anticipate graduation spring 2021. I am eager to challenge the business industry, top to bottom. I look forward to the winter selection, and sharing a review.

message 3: by Sheelia (new)

Sheelia (sheelia_b) | 13 comments Hello, my name is Sheelia Brascomb. I am currently in my last semester here at Berkeley College and will be graduating with my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration Management with a specialization in Entrepreneurship this May. I have done about 6, maybe more of theses and every semester the books never seem to disappoint me, in what they cover. I look forward to seeing what this semesters book has to offer.

message 4: by Iris (new)

Iris Paulino | 1 comments Hello Everyone,
My name is Iris Paulino, Berkeley College Brooklyn Campus then Online Campus, class of 2017. I earned my Bachelor's Degree and my major was Health Service Management. This is my first time joining a book club and am eager to start reading. I hope to interact and discuss the books read. Be well everyone!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Munoz | 1 comments Hello All,
My name is Elizabeth Munoz, Berkeley College Graduate from the Manhattan Campus. I received an e-mail regarding the book club and have an interest in further developing my networking skills. It has been some time that I've been in an academic setting and thought this would be a good place to start. Looking forward to the book and the discussion.

message 6: by Sherry-ann (new)

Sherry-ann Collier | 2 comments Hi all,
My name is Sherry-Ann Collier. I earned my Bachelor's Degree in 2016. My Major is Accounting. I am looking forward an looking forward to interacting with everyone.

message 7: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Gray | 4 comments Hello everyone and Happy New Year to all. My name is Jacqueline Gray, I attended the Mid-Town campus in New York. I majored in Health Services Management, Class of 2018, graduated in May 2019.
I have always participated in the Online Book club discussion board and I must say they have always been educational and entertaining. For the first timers, open your mind to reading and understanding what the writer tries to convey. The books used each semester can help you in your studies and in life. So, come with an open mind to receive knowledge, take something from the written words. Most of all have fun reading.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Venzen (karenvenzen) | 9 comments Hello. My name is Karen Venzen. I am a 2005 graduate and alumni of Berkeley College. I mostly love audio books. I am in reading and book groups in my area. I am now reading from Bill Gate's reading selections. Nice to meet everyone.

message 9: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay E | 4 comments Hello all. My name is Lindsay Lugo. I am a 2003 graduate and alumni of Berkeley College. I attended classes in almost all the campuses, but my home campus was Woodland Park, NJ. I am a fan of spanish novels by Isabel Allende & Laura Esquivel. This is my first book group and I am currently reading Becoming by Michelle Obama. I am a full time city of Passaic employee, owner of Lilancy's Creations and mom to an 11 year old boy. Nice to meet everyone.

message 10: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Davis (Banks) (jebdavis) | 1 comments Hello everyone, my name is Joyce Davis. Even though I'm aging myself, I'm proud to say that I attended Berkley College in White Plains, NY when it was an all-girls school :).

I look forward to being a part of the Online Book club discussion board. Talk to you soon!

message 11: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 2 comments Hello Everyone!

My name is Nichole Williamson and I am a current student with Berkeley College online. I am slated to graduate this August with a degree in Business Administration. I have not participated in a book club but am excited to have my first experience. I am looking forward to discussing this book with everyone and learning about networking as an introvert.

message 12: by James (new)

James (kingjames201) | 1 comments Greetings Everyone,

My name is James Jean and I am 23 years old, this is my last semester here at Berkeley College as I conclude towards graduation 2020. I earned my Associates degree back in December of 2018 from Berkeley College, and decided to continue to work towards my Bachelors. My major is Criminal Justice, I am also a hybrid student. Throughout my college career I attended both the Woodland Park and Online classes. I am looking forward to the discussions.

message 13: by Meryl (new)

Meryl Herman | 6 comments Hello everyone,

I'm Meryl Herman proud graduate from the New York City campus of April 2016 in Health Services Management. This is my third time participating in the online book club and can't wait to make new friends and get a chance to converse with old ones. Speak to everyone soon.

message 14: by Mia (new)

Mia Moen (miaemoen) | 1 comments Hello everybody! My name is Mia Moen and I am an international student from Norway attending the Midtown campus. My major is General Business and I am set to graduate in the spring 2021. I have never participated in an Online Book Club discussion, or a Book Club discussion, but as an avid reader I am looking forward to participating. Best, Mia.

message 15: by Evelise (new)

Evelise Rodrigo (erodrigo) | 2 comments My name is Evelise Rodrigo. I’m 25 years old. My major is Business Administration Management. I’m currently attending online classes. I have two semesters left to complete my degree. Class of 2020. I have participated in Oprah’s Online Book Club. I’ve read Michelle Obama’s book & Olive Again, with Oprah’s book club.

Don’t fall behind and even if you do, the group will help you catch up and if you don’t understand something don’t hesitate to ask questions. We all interpret things different so we can all read the same book and have different views on it. Always underline words you don’t know and look them up after.

I look forward to participating with all of you :)

message 16: by Nanette (last edited Feb 06, 2020 02:00PM) (new)

Nanette Fandino-Diaz | 1 comments Hello everyone. My name is Nanette Fandino-Diaz and I attended classes at the West Paterson campus. I completed the ASS in Applied Systems Management in 1996.

Over the past few years I have participated in a few professional online book clubs. Most of these have been related to World Language teaching and social-emotional learning. The one thing that I have to remind myself with an online book club is to make sure and get the reading done by the selected date. Some book clubs have had weekly goals and others a one time meet and discuss. I always want to be prepared to keep the discussion going.

I am looking forward to being part of this group.

message 17: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 1 comments Good day everyone. My name is Shanna W. I was a student at Berkeley College. Bachelors Degree major in Criminal Justice. I would love to continue my education, but right now I’m expecting my first baby. In the meantime I’ve been focusing and keeping my brain fresh by reading and studying new books. Berkeley college have always been great to me! Helped me pushed forward into getting me in my current field as a law enforcement officer, and also currently still serving the military have helped me financially to get through Berkeley college! I would say this college have so many tools and resources you can take advantage of! They could never lead you wrong! I’m looking forward for more book clubs and always more new information on any upcoming resources.

Kindly
Shanna W.

message 18: by Ivori (new)

Ivori | 1 comments Hello,

My name is Ivori and I am currently a senior completing my B.A. in Financial Services. I have participated in an online book discussion in the past and think it is a great experience. It is great for newcomers to be open and get interactive with others. I am looking forward to hearing about the networking experiences of others within the group. Best of luck to everyone.

Ivori