Cozy Mysteries discussion

Admin > Message from Kate (Briansgirl)

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 19649 comments Mod
Hi everyone!

I had a message from Kate last night with some news she wanted me to share with you all. I'm going to C&P direct from her email:

"I had a fall on New Year's Day. I didn't learn til Monday I'd had a stroke. I was admitted to the hospital. I was released yesterday. The stroke affected the right side of my body. I currently have to use a walker as i'm unsteady. My speech sometimes slurs. Gets worse when I'm tired. At first I couldn't hold anything in my right hand. Of course, I'm right handed. I can do a lil with my right hand now, it's improving but I have a long way to go."

As she said, she's making progress, but may be away from the boards for a while, or not able to do as much for the time being. I'm sure she will check in as soon as she is able to do so, and I know we all wish her well on her road to recovery.

Thanks,
Heather
Cozy Mysteries Moderator

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna | 11 comments Prayers going out that you get better Kate. Just take it a day at a time.

message 3: by ☯Emily (new)

☯Emily  Ginder | 57742 comments I hope you have a swift recovery, Kate. Praying for you.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39757 comments Thank you for the update, Heather. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Kate.

message 5: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 190 comments I'm so sorry to hear that, prayers and hugs for a quick recovery for Kate!

message 6: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve Bomes | 116 comments Speedy recovery Kate

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally Carpenter | 60 comments Prayers for quick healing.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 132 comments Thoughts and prayers to you Kate!

message 9: by Julesy (new)

Julesy | 1338 comments Thanks for the heads up, Heather. Hoping a speedy recovery for Kate!

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 171 comments Prayers and lots of well wishes are headed your way Kate!

message 11: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 1576 comments Mod
Thank you all. It will take time to recover. I have speech therapy 2x a week, physical therapy 3x a week and Monday they'll schedule occupational therapy probably 3x a week. Plus follow-ups with my doctor and the hospitals stroke clicic, dietician, and diabetic clinic

message 12: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 39757 comments ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ wrote: "Thank you all. It will take time to recover. I have speech therapy 2x a week, physical therapy 3x a week and Monday they'll schedule occupational therapy probably 3x a week. Plus follow-ups with my..."

I'll be thinking of you every day. I know it's a hard road but you can do it.

message 13: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Good thoughts coming from CO!

message 14: by Meg (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 1889 comments Hugs and good wishes, Kate!!!

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3194 comments So sorry to hear Kate. All the best for your full recovery **hugs** xx

message 16: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 1357 comments Healing thoughts coming at ya!

message 17: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3883 comments Mod
Hugs and the best wishes, Kate! I hope you get a full recovery as fast as possible.

message 18: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thank you. I'm doing better but still a lot of work to do.

Kimberly Reads Books (kimberlyreadsbooks) | 84 comments I'm so sorry to hear about your stroke, Kate. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and wishing for a speedy recovery for you!

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) | 450 comments Thoughts and prayers with you Kate.

message 21: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Fowler (sjfowler) | 1 comments Good vibes and love being sent your way. Hope all is well Kate!

message 22: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thank you. I graduated yesterday from all of my therapy's. I just have to do exercises at home.

message 23: by Heather L , Cozy Mysteries Moderator (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) | 19649 comments Mod
Congrats on your progress, Kate. Way to go!

message 24: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3194 comments All the best for your future Kate :)

message 25: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thank you. I've made alot of progress, and feel great, just not completely as I was...yet. Tiredness is a big lingering after affect. Your brain heals as it sleeps. But I'll get there.

message 26: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3194 comments You will I'm sure. Just be kind to yourself :)

message 27: by Marja (new)

Marja McGraw (marja1) | 977 comments I don't know how I missed this initially, but I did. I'm sorry you've had to go through this, but I gather from your posts that you're a strong woman and that you'll prevail. Saying a prayer.

message 28: by Deb (new)

Deb Jones (feisty56) | 1 comments How frightening that must have been for you, Kate, and still must be at times. Recovery is not a piece of cake, but you seem to have a positive attitude and that makes a big difference. Sending positive energy your way. : )

message 29: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1172 comments Prayers for continued healing Kate. Glad to hear that you are making good progress with your therapy.

message 30: by Meg (new)

Meg (makeli2) | 1889 comments Prayers and hugs, Kate! 🤗 Thinking of you!

message 31: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Cecil | 46 comments PRAYERS FOR A FULL AND SPEEDY RECOVERY.

message 32: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thank you. It's easy to overdo it, so I have to learn to pace myself but I'm doing well.