100 Books Challenge discussion

Past group reads 2019-2020 > 2020 Group Read - The Time Traveler's Wife

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (last edited Jan 10, 2020 06:55AM) (new)

Martha (marthas48) | 896 comments Mod
Melissa & I chose this book for a group read. Please join in if you are interested. It looks good.

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger by Audrey Niffenegger

Melissa (ladybug) | 212 comments Am looking forward to this. :)

message 3: by Martha (new)

So am I. Ordering from my library now.

message 4: by Martha (new)

I picked it up this afternoon. Will start tomorrow.

message 5: by Melissa (ladybug) (last edited Jan 14, 2020 02:01PM) (new)

Melissa (ladybug) | 212 comments How has it been going? I am 85 pages or about 2:54:05 in to the audio version. I can say I don't like his interacting with Claire at their ages. I do like the time travel "theme" and think that the author has some interesting ideas for it.

message 6: by Martha (new)

I’m not that far in. Fell asleep while reading a couple of times. So far I’m not too crazy about him either. It is an interesting concept though.

message 7: by Martha (new)

I’m finally reading more in this one. Liking it a little better. It’s an odd story. I’m interested to see where it goes. I’ve not seen the movie, thankfully.

message 8: by Martha (new)

We got so busy with Special Olympics & some other stuff that I’m finally getting back to it. I’m not loving it, but am still interested to see where it goes. I do love time travel stories so I’m hoping this one will really take off soon. I’m at the beginning of the Christmas Eve chapter, page 108.

Melissa (ladybug) | 212 comments I got to admit, I didn't like the first third(?) of this story. It has gotten much more interesting now. I still have about 5-7 hrs on my book. :)

message 10: by Melissa (ladybug) (last edited Feb 11, 2020 03:02PM) (new)

Melissa (ladybug) | 212 comments Have finished this book. The last hours went much faster once it became more interesting. I still could only rate it as ok. I just didn't get the time travel aspects of this world and I wasn't able to really sympathize with the main characters.

message 11: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 419 comments I read this back in 2011, I think. I was not a fan ... only 2 stars.
You can read My review HERE