Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Senlin Ascends (The Books of Babel, #1)
This topic is about Senlin Ascends
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Senlin Ascends [Feb 10, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4606 comments Mod
Senlin Ascends - Josiah Bancroft
Senlin Ascends (The Books of Babel, #1) by Josiah Bancroft
February 10, 2020.

message 2: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

In!

message 3: by Lily (new) - added it

Lily (galvadonexnorta) | 25 comments I’d like to read this.

Navi (nvsahota) | 237 comments In!

Dominique L'm in

Kathrine | 1246 comments Never got around to this one last year so I'm also in :D

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments intersted

message 8: by ash (new) - added it

ash (novellyrooted) | 8 comments I need to finish this so I'm in!

Kathrine | 1246 comments Started and about 75% through! I am so confused hahahaha

Part 1: The Basement and the Parlor: (view spoiler)

Part 2: The Baths: (view spoiler)

Overall, huge fan so far, even though I keep being freaked out by everything that's happening

message 10: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

I've started this and got through a chapter or two, but nothing really of note has happened for my to comment on. I'm having a hard time getting into this one, but I think I had pretty high expectations going in.

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments Is anybody still reading? I plan to start tonight.

message 12: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mayim wrote: "Is anybody still reading? I plan to start tonight."

I'm still stuck at the beginning and haven't really made any progress.

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments Oh so you don't mind me tagging along, do you? :D

message 14: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mayim wrote: "Oh so you don't mind me tagging along, do you? :D"

Haha not at all :)

Perhaps you will renew my interest if you enjoy it!

message 15: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
I made it through this one and the end was better. Then book two I expected it to take off and it was more of the same and I quit somewhere before the halfway mark not being able to stand the inactivity any longer.

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments I expect to love it! It has so many shining reviews! If I keep my current ratings, my average will go below 3 O_o

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments I have forgotten to tell you that I read it really fast and I liked it.

Is this BR going to be continued? Or must I remember to finish the series on my own? :D

message 18: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (last edited Mar 05, 2020 03:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mayim wrote: "I have forgotten to tell you that I read it really fast and I liked it.

Is this BR going to be continued? Or must I remember to finish the series on my own? :D"

Nice! I am finally starting to get into it.
First few chapters: (view spoiler)

I'm not sure if I will finish the series yet, but this is still slow-going for me.

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments I really started liking it only once he got into the second level. Then it becomes evident that every little encounter, sentence, detail - does count and indeed brings fruit! The final part is amazing in this regard.

But it also took me some time to warm up. I thought it would be a 3 star tread at first.

message 20: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (last edited Mar 05, 2020 05:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Where I am, he just got to the second level and at this point, I'm also thinking 3 stars so I'm excited for it to get better!

Timelord Iain | 15529 comments Each book definitely takes time to ramp up... I BR’d the 3 current books last Fall, and each ending intrigued me enough to continue... just waiting for the final release in 2021, now...

message 22: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (last edited Mar 06, 2020 01:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wow, once I got into it, I really couldn't put it down. I'm finished now!

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments So. Do we continue? :)

message 24: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

I would like to keep going with the series. :)

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments Great! Me too! Do you want to read the second book this month? I haven’t seen the March buddy read thread yet but I’m sure we can squeeze if you’re not overbooked.

message 26: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mayim wrote: "Great! Me too! Do you want to read the second book this month? I haven’t seen the March buddy read thread yet but I’m sure we can squeeze if you’re not overbooked."

I have one BR on the 10th so maybe later in the month? Anytime on/after the 20th should be good for me.

Mayim de Vries | 2890 comments Works for me just fine (especially that I have a trip coming up and that means a lot of in-flight quality reading time)

message 28: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ok, I'll set it up for the 20th.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Senlin Ascends (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Josiah Bancroft (other topics)