Play Book Tag discussion

My Sister, the Serial Killer
This topic is about My Sister, the Serial Killer
January 2020: Thriller > My Sister, the Serial Killer - 3.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tara (taraash) | 25 comments Overall I had a good time reading this book even though it's not a new favorite or anything. When I first started reading it I thought it was going to be perfect because the opening few chapters are so good. But, about a fourth of the way through I felt like it started to loose momentum. The very end picked back up though and made the whole thing worth it. The last chapter is such perfection that I am glad I read it solely to get to that conclusion.

Both of the sister's characters were written so vividly that I felt like I really understood them by the end of the novel. To some extent I think even Femi and Muhtar were really well characterized, but I feel like with Tade I was always missing something about who he was. I don't know, I never got that moment where his personality clicked and I never really got him ya know. And I think that did soften the impact of the ending because I never came to care about him like I think I was supposed to.

I do plan on checking out what Oyinkan Braithwaite writes in the future. This book was really well written, I just think the plot lost me a bit there in the middle. Also, I think with a title like this one has I was anticipating something a bit darker, and this was a bit less thrilling than I was expecting

Meli (melihooker) | 3234 comments I am reading it this month, can't wait to see where I land.

message 3: by David (new) - added it

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 279 comments Great read. I'm reading this one in April.
d.