Play Book Tag discussion

The President Is Missing
This topic is about The President Is Missing
January 2020: Thriller > The President is Missing - 5 stars, bill Clinton and James Patterson

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8530 comments I don't know about you, but I absolutely love it when I see a person do something totally out of their zone. Its one of the premises of Dancing With the Stars. They get athletes, celebrities, random folks, even Sean Spicer, to learn how to ballroom and latin dance - something that's completely alien to their world. Plenty of presidents and presidential candidates write books. But here we have a former president, writing a mystery thriller! And who better to know exactly the mindset and the mechanics of being president, but one who has already done the job! Paired with bestselling author James Patterson, who is king of the political and international espionage thriller, this one was destined to be great. And it was! Its also oddly prescient in places. Here are the authors who wrote this over a year ago, speaking about a President facing impeachment charges, and political rivals from opposing parties and factions, and they way politics bears on the situation.

But the rest of the story was rather fantastical, and yet you just enjoy the ride. I loved it and thought it was great. Enjoyed every aspect.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments It’s quite timely that you read this given the headlines today!

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8530 comments Gosh - I can't wait to see.... Sometimes its a great escape to be in a world of fiction, but I have to admit, parts of it were chilling, when you think of the total responsibility of a president. This guy (the fictional president) is absolutely the kind of guy you want in the role.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7492 comments Ok-got a copy yesterday, going to give it a try