What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ferren and the Angel
This topic is about Ferren and the Angel
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVE. YA/Teen: Post-Apocalyptic/Sci-Fi/Fantasy young adult book about a boy discovering a fallen angel in a war between angels and humans. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle G | 2 comments Hi all, Really unsure on the book title but believe its from a trilogy series.

Details about the publishing:
I read it around 2007 so published before then, however wasnt a very old book. Remember one of the books cover had a bunch of angels floating down, using a lot of browns. Couldn't see any of their faces

Details about the story:
The first book roughly starts with an angel falling to earth, and being found by a young boy from a tribe, who hides her as humans are at war with the angels. The two form a bond, although she isnt as trusting of him. There is a group of humans mainly in charge of fighting the angels, and they take people from each tribe to fight in the war. They end up taking the male protagonists sister or mother for the war, and in later books its discovered that a lot of the humans taken are used as a fuel source to power the war machines. The book series follows the protagonists as they roam the earth going to different tribes to fight the bad humans.

Sorry I can't think of more details, but please help! Not knowing the book has been killing me for the past decade!

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Is it Ferren and the Angel by Richard Harland?

message 3: by Ergative (new)

Ergative Absolutive | 40 comments Sounds a little like The House of Shattered Wings, but you would have to have misremembered several details for that to be a perfect match.

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Kyle G | 2 comments Sorry it took so long to get back, but SBC got it! it is Ferren, thank you so so much. Thats a decade old itch finally scratched, bless you

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Kyle. Thanks for the update. Here's the link for SBC's find - Ferren & The Angel by Richard Harland.