Great Culture. Great Internal Communications discussion

Reading Goals

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments Hi! I make reading goals and am curious if anyone else does too.

Last year, mine was to read a book a week (if possible). This year it is to read a minimum of 3 books per month with criteria being: one book by a female author, one self/professional development, one novel and one week to read anything.

What are your goals?

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Greenhous | 3 comments Mod
My goal is to read 20 books this year, although I've already read two books this year so maybe I should increase the number of books. I'd like to read 10 professional development/business books and I hope this group can help me decide which ones!

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Einarson | 1 comments I'm excited about this group! My goal after last year's "quantity" goal is to read one NF and one F book each month! I look forward to following everyone's progress and appreciate the prompt to join GoodReads.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Hi Julie,

Thanks for joining. I am going for quality over quantity ,which is why I want to see what other people are reading!

I read a variety of subjects but struggle with reading business books before bed because then the wheels start turning and the ideas start forming and then I can't sleep.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments Hi all!
I set my reading goal on goodreads at 52, so one per week. I take public transportation to and from work, so I’m able to read on my commute.

If it would be helpful, I can recommend some of the books we select for our company quarterly book club as well as some of my favorite development books :)

I’m always looking for some new reads, so thank you for creating this!

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison Davis | 1 comments Hi, group. I've been thinking about essential reads for those of us interested in great culture, great communication. You've probably read these three books by Dan and Chip Heath, but if you haven't, they're so worthwhile:
Made to Stick
Switch
The Power of Moments

Your thoughts?

And Dan Heath has a new book (Upstream) coming out in March!

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Hi Alison!
Made to Stick is on our bookshelf. It is my ALL TIME Fav and is actually sitting beside me at this very moment.

As someone who does a lot of work in the change space I also liked Switch. I haven't read the other books but will add them to our bookshelf!

Thanks for contributing.

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 1 comments My reading goal is one business/comms book a month. I have a horrible habit of buying books and leaving them on my bookshelf or starting them and then forgetting to go back to them. So easy to get distracted with fiction and life!