Agatha Christie Lovers discussion

Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #18)
This topic is about Death on the Nile
Book of the Month Reads > February 2020 Death on the Nile

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn F. (last edited Jan 09, 2020 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carolyn F. | 4562 comments Mod
Originally published in 1937. Poirot, on vacation in Africa, meets the rich, beautiful Linnet Doyle and her new husband, Simon. As usual, all is not as it seems between the newlyweds, and when Linnet is found murdered, Poirot must sort through a boatload of suspects to find the killer before he (or she) strikes again.

Here's the previous discussion. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Erin Green | 45 comments I have my copy ready and waiting. It’ll be another reread but it’s worth it.

Joseph Robbins (leer03) | 3 comments I like the set up of the book. I got one half of the suspects correct. Hopefully that doesn’t ruin it for anyone. I didn’t like the Colonel Race character showing up. I felt like the story didn’t need him, or his subplot. Although, that was probably the point - to throw us off the trail.

Erin Green | 45 comments This was a reread for me. I'd remembered the ending but couldn't for the life of me sort 'the wheat from the chaff' whilst reading. An enjoyable book, as always but not my favourite.

I agree with Lee - Colonel Race character was an unnecessary extra.

Maggie Holmes | 30 comments Lee wrote: "I like the set up of the book. I got one half of the suspects correct. Hopefully that doesn’t ruin it for anyone. I didn’t like the Colonel Race character showing up. I felt like the story didn’t n..."

I agree.

LovesMysteries  | 52 comments I like Colonel Race in this and think his appearance along with the subplot that he pertains to complicates the mystery.