The Agatha Christie Reading Group discussion

Random Chit Chat > Welcome Newcomers and Old!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 365 comments Mod
Hi guys!

Just wanted to welcome anyone who has just joined recently. Hope to hear from you soon! What's your favorite Christe book?

Let's get talkin'!!

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 8 comments I have more than one that I will pick up and read again. I don’t think I could ever narrow it down.

message 3: by C. J. (new)

I understand. Me too that I don't have a favorite though if I had to I'd still go with the first Christie book I ever read, And Then There Were None.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 8 comments Oh good call! I think that was the first one my father gave me to read when I was a kid, he started me at around 9 or 10.

message 5: by C. J. (new)

Kathryn wrote: "I have more than one that I will pick up and read again. I don’t think I could ever narrow it down."

This is a late reply but I have a curious question:

What would you call your top three books of Christie? What are ones that initially pop into your mind about the "good" books?

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 8 comments Oh boy. Only 3? Not going to happen. A Murder is Announced, The Moving Finger, The Thirteen Problems, Evil Under the Sun, Death on the Nile, Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Cards on the Table, Murder on the Orient Express, I also like the Poirot short stories; The Affair at the Victory Ball, The Mystery of Hunter’s Lodge

message 7: by C. J. (new)

That's great Kathryn! I like a lot of your choices but am also intrigued by the ones you have in your selection that I haven't read (yet I hope anyway!).