Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Seeking Betas for 80K Existential Religious Fantasy Epic. Finished Manuscript.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Godfrey | 3 comments Hi all,

I am seeking a few beta readers for my novel ‘From Nothing, Nothing Becomes’. It has gone through multiple edits (at least seven or eight now) and is ready for somebody else’s eyes to take a look. I would be really grateful to anybody that would be interested.

The novel I have written opens with the mortal death of Vishal Thakur, and although his soul is destined to spend the rest of eternity wandering the plains of Limbo, he somehow finds himself in the depths of Hell, being advised by a mysterious and ethereal figure with questionable motives. Vishal travels through the three realms of the afterlife, realising along the way that the moral certainty of his maker is not as clear as God or his devout followers would have him believe.

While others seek to discover how he came to find himself in in Hell upon death, Vishal works to reveal God’s corruption, and when war breaks out between the forces of supposed good and supposed evil, Vishal makes a decision that will change the world in ways beyond even the imagination of the most ancient and knowledgeable of beings.

From Nothing, Nothing Becomes explores themes of moral relativism, indoctrination and grief, whilst showing that the only thing we can know for certain is the inevitability of death and decay.

As a quick warning before you respond, my manuscript covers some fairly anti-religious themes, and there is also a scene in which the protagonist, whilst making his way through Hell, comes across the place where aborted foetuses are sent. If you are in any way sensitive to either of these topics (understandably so), then I recommend that this may not be for you.

If you are interested however and would like to see the first few chapters before deciding on whether you want to beta read my whole piece, please let me know in the comments below.

Thank you in advance for your support.

message 2: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 144 comments Robert wrote: "Hi all,

I am seeking a few beta readers for my novel ‘From Nothing, Nothing Becomes’. It has gone through multiple edits (at least seven or eight now) and is ready for somebody else’s eyes to take..."

Hi, Robert,

This sounds very edgy! I like edgy. Let's talk about it.

bspringett@iprimus.com.au

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Godfrey | 3 comments Tito wrote: "Robert wrote: "Hi all,

I am seeking a few beta readers for my novel ‘From Nothing, Nothing Becomes’. It has gone through multiple edits (at least seven or eight now) and is ready for somebody else..."

Hi Tito,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. I have just dropped you an email with the first few chapters and a couple details on what I am looking for.

Regards,

Rob

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Godfrey | 3 comments Hi Kari,

Thanks for your interest. I have just sent you a brief email. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Rob