Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Experienced, fast, cheap beta reader available

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Goldberg | 23 comments Hi everyone,

I'm a soon to be traditionally published writer with a lot of free time on my hands at the moment. I'd like to offer my beta reading services to writers out there who are looking for a fresh pair of eyes on their manuscripts. I'll write up a one page report for you, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses, and we can chat about ways to make improvements so you'll stand a better chance of breaking into this incredibly tough industry.

I understand the financial pressure that a writing career can cause, which is why I'd like to offer low pricing with a less than 1 week turnaround time.

<20K = $15
20,001K - 50K = $25
50,001> = $35

I currently only accept money through Paypal. If interested, please feel free to get in touch!

message 2: by George (new)

George Kohn (gwkohnauthorgmailcom) | 2 comments Hi Sammi
I am interested in your beta reader service. I have completed a 71,000 word manuscript titled Vector to Destiny - Journey of a Vietnam F-4 pilot. Here are a couple of paragraphs from the query letter.
I was born to take over the family farm. While harvesting oats in a back field, an Air Force F-102 flew low and fast over Dad’s farm. The sight of that fighter jet streaking through the sky inspired my desire to fulfill a higher dream. After struggling to get through college ROTC and pilot training, I was assigned to fly F-4 fighter jets out of Danang AB in Vietnam. Night bombing missions over the Ho Chi Minh trails in Laos were met with intense antiaircraft gunfire that lit the sky like fireworks. Downed pilots were tortured and killed. I watched my wingman as he was lured into strafing a plywood truck that was surrounded by camouflaged North Vietnamese antiaircraft guns. His F-4 disintegrated into small pieces of debris and a fireball.

One year and 207 missions later, I was grateful to board a DC-8 airliner heading back to the States. The gratification of flying fighter jets soon came to an end when I experienced indifference for participating in a controversial war. There were no parades for Vietnam veterans who put their lives on the line to stop the spread of communism.

I am a 76-year old retired Air Force fighter pilot and commercial airline pilot. I was awarded two Distinguished Flying Crosses and twelve Air Medals for service in Vietnam. This year marks the 50th anniversary of my return from Vietnam. I now work on my farm in Wisconsin doing occasional presentations on certified organic farming. This manuscript is finished, and I would appreciate your consideration of it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please let me know if you are interested and your price

George
rudyhilbertf4@gmail.com

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 14 comments Hi Sammi,
I'm wondering if you'd be interested in looking at my novel. It's a ~109,000-word science fiction novel. The blurb is:

61 percent of earthlings believe in alien life, no one thinks they live next door.

Jance is a friendly but snarky, sarcastic high school student who doesn't pay attention in class. All his life, he has believed specific irrefutable facts. The sky is blue. Vending machines kill more people annually than sharks. The population of cows in his hometown dwarfs the population of people. His father is a human being.

Turns out, that last fact isn't as irrefutable as he thought.

One day, a mysterious girl named Sammy shows up at Jance's house to inform him his dad is an alien. Initially, Jance has his doubts, both about his father's other-worldly origins and Sammy's sanity. But then his father conjures a ball of fire.

Now Jance will be flung into a world he had no idea existed. A world in which alien visitation, anarchist conspiracies, energy manipulation, and intergalactic war are just another Tuesday. He will be taught to fully utilize his abilities by Sammy, an alien herself who seems to despise everything. Especially Jance.

Disaster strikes when a single individual begins to violently rob military bases of their nuclear material. Things go from bad to worse when fluctuations in the earth’s gravitational field suggest a change in human history. Jance and his team will have to race to solve the robberies before history changes, permanently. Will Jance be able to find and stop this hidden threat and save reality before it is too late?

Let me know if its something you would be interested in reading.

message 4: by Sammi (new)

Sammi Goldberg | 23 comments Andrew wrote: "Hi Sammi,
I'm wondering if you'd be interested in looking at my novel. It's a ~109,000-word science fiction novel. The blurb is:

61 percent of earthlings believe in alien life, no one thinks they ..."

Hi Andrew,

I'd love to take a look at it! If you'd like, you can send me the first chapter or two to goldygirl94@yahoo.com. I'll make sure we're a good fit first.

Best,

Sammi