Reading German Books in 2020 discussion

Level 3: Zugspitze > Majdouline 's challenge

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments I would like to read 15 german translated books and one german non translated book.
I will list the book read each time I ll finish one, as I think it will be more efficient.
I checked the german translated books in my TBR and I have already 20.... I also ordered some more contemporan authors books such as Heimat ...
It will be great if I read everythibg I owe.But lets be realistic and aim for 16 :).
What a great challenge !!!!!

message 2: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments The 2 other books ordered are feom Weidermann, any feedbacks about those would be welcome :)

message 3: by Britta (last edited Jan 09, 2020 09:01AM) (new)

Britta Böhler | 104 comments Majdouline wrote: "The 2 other books ordered are feom Weidermann, any feedbacks about those would be welcome :)"

Which ones from Weidermann?

message 4: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments I have ordered " Summer beforin e the dark " in german it is known as " Ostende: 1936, Sommer der Freundschaft " and

message 5: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments and " Trauemer "

message 6: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments Bretta , have you read any of his books, or are you familiar with his articles ?

message 7: by Britta (new)

Britta Böhler | 104 comments Majdouline wrote: "Bretta , have you read any of his books, or are you familiar with his articles ?"

I've read Ostende and really liked it. And Träumer is on my tbr! One of his best books in my opinion: Lichtjahre (but I dont think it's available in English).

message 8: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments Thank you for thebfeedback. Inlook forward to it, I want to read one german book in german this year , so this is perfect I ll order it as well :)

message 9: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments First book read:

1.Death in Venice and other stories from my beloved Thomas Mann.

message 10: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments Book #2: Brief einer unbekannten + Die Monscheingasse

I read this book in french, I am in love with Zweig since years and I ll take the opportunity of these challenge to read his translated books. I have almost every french translated books from him including his written biographies and essays on writers. I have read 2/ 3rd of his work, so this challenge is perfect to make it happen.

My next book would probably be one from Kafka.

message 11: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments Book #3: Siddhartha Hermann Hesse

I need to think about the book, my ideas are not clear yet as I have just finished it. I need to reflect and digest it .What a powerful book.

message 12: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments Book #4: The trial Kafka.

That was fantastic, I hated the main character and the totalitarism and buraucraty shown in the book but loved the depth of the book.

message 13: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments Book #5: Die Reise in die Vergangenheit Stefan Zweig

message 14: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments Book#6: Marie Stuart from Stefan Zweig.

Stefan Zweig is so skilled !!!

message 15: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments book#7: Anatolin Hans-Ulrich Treichel

message 16: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments book#8 Ali and Nino from Kurban Said

message 17: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments book#9 Letters to a young poet from Rainer-Maria Rilke Lettre.

I have 2 books left for my challenge.

message 18: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 30 comments book#10 Thomas Bernhard : Ein Kind