What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Crime book set in the UK - in it was a young boy who was pimped out to the pedophiles and ended up escaping, I remember he was brought to a pool party and raped and abused by the men. Spoilers in the comments

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (last edited Jan 09, 2020 11:15PM) (new)

Shannon Robbie | 5 comments I can remember bits and peices - read it in 2016

About a detective investigating a home invasion gone wrong and the accused is an elderly man called 'The major' (well i think it was) and when they are searching his house i think they find some letters possibly about a pedophile ring.

Also in it was a young boy who was pimped out to the pedophiles and ended up escaping, I remember he was brought to a pool party and raped and abused by the men,

The detectives end up finding the boy all grown up as a priest in the end.

I remember the pedophiles would rent out a storage shed and let other pedophiles go in and watch videos for money.

Another part of the story had a young boy in a unit complex and he also is pimped out.

I'm more hoping it is a series of books, but for the life of me i cant remember at all.

I'm not sure if it is a series of books or a one off

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2217 comments Was the detective male or female, can you remember?

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Robbie | 5 comments I think it was a female lead. I could be wrong. Nightingale always comes to mind, but I can't find anything on google which describes the book

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Shannon, please put some of those plot details (minus the spoiler ending) in your title/header. This helps anyone searching for your book.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Robbie | 5 comments Thank you for that. edited.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Robbie | 5 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Silent Victims?"

Unfortunately thats not it :( but thanks for trying.

I'm going to add some more information that ive just thought about.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Robbie | 5 comments Bumo