Club X discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa C | 1 comments Mod
So I am obviously in love with this book. I like it because I’ve been conflicted of going into this field and being associated with war the same way Neil deGrasse Tyson was. But I feel educated in knowing that it can also be beneficial because it helps the economy thrive at the end of the day.
I do however wish it was more relatable to someone who isn’t invested in science.

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise | 7 comments Mod
That's true, it's nice to learn new things. I personally thought it would be more relatable to us in our everyday perspective giving more of a storyline, but I'm glad it's opening up my eyes and awareness with what's going on around us and how oblivious I was. Oblivious in a way the wars we have now are similar to the causes of war in history.

message 3: by Lillian (new)

Lillian | 8 comments Mod
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this book, Vanessa, especially since this is a field you're interested in. I am doing my best to follow along. Space and war - it's a new world for me. And I agree with Denise, always good to learn new things that will broaden our understanding of the world around us.