Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Incorrect Title

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Carbonell | 2 comments The Worry Trick: How Your Brain Tricks You Into Expecting the Worst and What You Can Do About It - is presently listed with an incorrect subtitle, and this is preventing me from adding this book to my author page. ISBN 13 is 978-1626253186.
ISBN-10: 1626253188

Please help!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21523 comments The title has nothing to do with it. What's keeping it from your profile is the extra initial in the credited name. You should ask support to convert your profile to the one with the A. in it.

message 3: by Sandra (last edited Jan 08, 2020 05:26PM) (new)

Sandra | 24803 comments The subtitle or isbn doesn't prevent you adding it, but the initial in your name on the book does.

I suggest you contact support and have them change your GR author profile to include the initial. That way all the books with the initial and the books without will show up on your profile.

As that is the more complete name, people will find the other books without a problem.

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14477 comments The book is under David A. Carbonell which is what is on the cover of the book, and also how it imported to Goodreads. You have two options. You can ask Support to change your profile to include the A., or you can add your name without the A as a secondary author. To get in touch with Support, use this link:
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14477 comments I am merging the one that was created today.

message 6: by David (new)

David Carbonell | 2 comments Thanks. I can't change it myself in the profile, is that right?

Sandra wrote: "The subtitle or isbn doesn't prevent you adding it, but the initial in your name on the book does.

I suggest you contact support and have them change your GR author profile to include the initial...."

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21523 comments You can't change it because the name already exists. You need to contact support and ask for a merge.