Read Women discussion

Archive > March Fiction Read

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (last edited Jan 15, 2020 02:43PM) (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 1899 comments Mod
This is our nomination thread for our March 2020 group fiction book. March is an "open choice" month so the rules are few and the opportunities many. What are you interested in reading?

Criteria:
1. Fiction
2. Book must be by a female author (transwomen and women using male pseudonyms are women).
2. No books that have already been group reads (check the group's bookshelf)
3. Do not nominate a book you have written or for which you are the publicist or lead marketer.
4. Consider availability. If a book is available in the US and UK (at minimum), and in paperback and ebook formats, more members can participate than if not.

To Nominate:
1. Give both the title of the book and the author's name when nominating to avoid confusion. Please use the 'add book/author' button when nominating.
2. Indicate whether you are willing or not to lead discussion if your nomination is chosen.
3. Maximum - one nomination per member.

Nominations will close January 15th.

Noms so far:
Blue Self-Portrait by Noémi Lefebvre
A Fist or a Heart by Kristín Eiríksdóttir
Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli
The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
We That Are Young by Preti Taneja

message 2: by Liesl (new)

Liesl | 471 comments I nominate Blue Self-Portrait by Noémi Lefebvre. I can lead.

message 3: by Carol (last edited Jan 11, 2020 02:25PM) (new)

I nominate Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli. I can lead.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Five days until nominations close. What's on your challenge lists that would make for a great group discussion?

message 5: by Story (new)

Story (storyheart) | 629 comments I nominate A Fist or a Heart by Kristín Eiríksdóttir and I can lead.

message 6: by Carol (new)

There’s one more day to nominate your open choice novel.

Nadine in California (nadinekc) | 117 comments I nominate Home Fire.

message 9: by Carol (new)

Nadine wrote: "I nominate Home Fire."

Nadine, we read and discussed Home Fire in August 2018, unfortunately. Is there another book you’d like to nominate?

Nadine in California (nadinekc) | 117 comments Darn. I confess that I did start looking at the group's previous books, but the search function on the group bookshelf page didn't seem to work. But this time I didn't do such a half-assed job and set the scroll to 200 per page and used the 'find' function. The result....

We That Are Young

message 11: by Carol (new)

Nadine wrote: "Darn. I confess that I did start looking at the group's previous books, but the search function on the group bookshelf page didn't seem to work. But this time I didn't do such a half-assed job and ..."

I totally understand. I've wanted to read this one for some time, too, so glad you came back and proposed it.

message 12: by Carol (new)

Thanks everyone. Nominations are now closed. I'll include a link to the poll when it's live.

message 13: by Carol (new)

Our poll can be accessed from our group landing page and also at this link:

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 14: by Carol (new)

Voting ends in four days (3/24). Weigh in on your choice for our March fiction read.

message 15: by Carol (new)

We will be reading Lost Children Archive together in March.