Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Reader needed for 85000 word literary novel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 18 comments Hello. I am a first time writer and I am looking for someone to read through my novel. The synopsis follows:

What if we had the chance to start over?
With the Earth in steady decline due to global warming and overpopulation Jack forms part of a scientific expedition to colonize another planet in advance of a human migration in the future. When they arrive the group thrive in their new surroundings and enjoy their work but as time progresses they begin to doubt the value of their work and wonder what their fate, and the fate of their new planet, will be when the people from Earth arrive in large numbers. With that in mind they decide to construct a plan in which they all fake their deaths and prove to the people on Earth that the planet in uninhabitable.  
The plan works initially, but instead of simply continuing as they had before and repeating the mistakes committed on Earth, the inhabitants of the new planet choose to start again, without the corrupting influence of money, religion, politics and social classes. Life is good but eventually disaster strikes when the people of Earth, who have finally discovered the deception, appear on the planet and take back control under the rule of the evil President Chalmers. Jack and his friends are put into concentration camps and forced to work to pay off their debt to society while the new arrivals take control of the town and quickly put the systems of old back into place.
With the help of Peter Connelly, one of the guards at the concentration camp, and the mysterious Jacob, who gets himself arrested so he can occupy the cell next to Jack’s, the prisoners escape and we follow their journey to freedom.

message 2: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Khalaf | 4 comments Hello Thomas,
Your blurb looks interesting. I would like to swap reading some chapters of my novel with your if you don't mind. mine is Sci-Fi, Action Thriller with a touch of fantasy.

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 18 comments Yes sounds good. Can you send me an email to tomrenshaw@hotmail.com?

message 4: by Ahmed (new)

Ahmed Khalaf | 4 comments Thomas wrote: "Yes sounds good. Can you send me an email to tomrenshaw@hotmail.com?"

Okay, I have sent you an email!

message 5: by Alan (new)

Alan Pinck | 34 comments How quickly do you need turn around? The underlying concept is of particular interest to me but I will be away from any electronic contact through most of the middle of February. Theoretically, two writers are suppose to send my MS's to beta this week (not every follows through though) and if those arrive I might not have enough time prior to my techno-absence.
I do have significant beta-editting experience and, now that I've retired, I don't charge developing authors for this service. I typically provide in-line comments (as well as summary) so I would prefer an edittable document format.
If this seems reasonable and workable from your end, my email address is:
alanpinck@gmail.com