What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult? fiction. A blind person tells the narrator about a dream involving a field of flowers. Narrator wonders how a person blind from birth imagines flowers. MC plays the piano?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (last edited Feb 29, 2020 11:41AM) (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Okay. Got a bit of an odd one, but it's totally bugging me. I was recently thinking about what I believe to be a Kindle sample of this book. I came across it at least 3 or 5 years ago. I'm assuming it was most likely published in the last 10 years. I have no idea what genre it was, but I mostly read Young adult, fantasy, Christian fiction, or Historical fiction. I doubt it was a thriller or horror because I've had no interest in those genres, just hoping to narrow the search a bit. Pretty sure it was fictional story, regardless. I'm thinking the narrator was female, but that's just an assumption. I read a few pages of the first chapter and the narrator discusses a person (young girl, perhaps) that tells her about a dream she'd had about what she believes was a field of flowers. The narrator wonders how the girl imagines flowers since she is totally blind and has therefore never seen them. She wonders how the world looks in the imaginations of those who are unable to truly see it. I'm not sure if the girl is the main focus of the story or she's just a side character. That is all I can remember, but I find myself thinking about this too much to ignore lol. I'm hoping that I haven't imagined this entirely or just had some random discussion that I can no longer recall. Hopefully this will ring a bell with someone. Thanks for any help! I know this is not much to go on! =)

message 2: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Bumping this one. Don't have much else to add, but I believe the protagonist played the piano. Really hope someone will recognize this! Thanks again for any help, y'all.

message 3: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments bump! still looking :)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33441 comments Mod
Bridget, can we eliminate Truesight by David Stahler Jr.?

message 5: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Thank you, Kris. That’s not the one, but I appreciate the help. I read through the sample and it’s not quite what I’m thinking of. Is really interesting though, so I’ve added it to my TBR. :)

Bentoboxcreature22 | 12 comments Any luck here? Green Angel

message 7: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Hmm. I don’t believe it’s Green Angel. I’m not familiar with that one. Thank you though. ❤️

message 8: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Bump! Still looking. ♥️

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33441 comments Mod
I added some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Feel free to update it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Green Angel (other topics)
Truesight (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Stahler Jr. (other topics)