Calvinist Batman & Friends discussion

Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1)
This topic is about Red Sister

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (last edited Jan 08, 2020 09:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Manchester (calvinistbatman) | 233 comments Mod
"Here’s a moment. All the world and more has rushed eternity’s length to reach this beat of your heart, screaming down the years. And if you let it, the universe, without drawing breath, will press itself through this fractured second and race to the next, on into a new eternity. Everything that is, the echoes of everything that ever was, the roots of all that will ever be, must pass through this moment that you own. Your only task is to give it pause – to make it notice."

I found this prologue to be way more poetic than I thought it would be. The words that come after this quote are beautiful and well-written.

Thomas Weaver | 24 comments Yes! I loved the prologue!

Amanda | 101 comments Mod
Read the prologue yesterday, and it was so beautifully written! Really got me interested in reading the rest of the book.

Amanda wrote: "Read the prologue yesterday, and it was so beautifully written! Really got me interested in reading the rest of the book."

We need to come back to this comment when you read the halfway mark. Let me know when you do. You'll know why.

Amanda | 101 comments Mod
Calvinist wrote: "We need to come back to this comment when you read the halfway mark."

I'm halfway and oh my gosh!

Amanda wrote: "Calvinist wrote: "We need to come back to this comment when you read the halfway mark."

I'm halfway and oh my gosh!"

RIGHT?!

Garrett Houghton | 17 comments Liked the prologue the first time I read it. Hit the halfway mark talked about above and wanted to go back and re-read it. So good!

I was a little on the fence about this book prior to the trial and the continuation of the prologue. Now, I can't wait to go forward. I hope we see a bit of the fallout of that scene in this novel rather than being pushed into the latter part of the trilogy.

Garrett wrote: "Now, I can't wait to go forward."

Yeah, that was the big moment for a few of us it seems.

Garrett wrote: "I hope we see a bit of the fallout of that scene in this novel rather than being pushed into the latter part of the trilogy. "

I can neither confirm nor deny.

Thomas Weaver | 24 comments That part was great! When Ara chose her name I was like “wait I know that name!” And then when it continues the prologue and they introduce the (maybe) betrayal. So good!

I almost dropped this book around 30%, but I’m so glad I kept reading. It’s started to pick up and I’m really enjoying it.

Thomas Weaver | 24 comments ^ it’s started to pick up*

Thomas wrote: "It’s started to pick up and I’m really enjoying it. "

I think you'll LOVE the next 30% of this book, at least.