Hollows Read-along to AMERICAN DEMON discussion

Outlaw Demon Wails > is our little Rachel finally growing up?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nickie (new)

Nickie (onenickie) | 7 comments I think so!

message 2: by Danielle "Nae" (new)

Danielle "Nae" (dannernae) | 61 comments Kristen’s death and the focus shake up really hit her hard!

message 3: by Karen, Pale Demon (new)

Karen Mead | 54 comments Mod
I always found it weird that Rachel was so nonchalant about the dangers of her world. Like there are ley line witches running around who can basically kill you with a THOUGHT, shouldn't you be a little more careful about who you piss off?

Of course, if Rachel ever grew up enough to put the attitude aside completely, then we'd have no series...but she is starting to realize the error of her ways in this book, at least.

message 4: by Twhyla (new)

Twhyla Y. | 2 comments I feel like this was the book she did grow up more in! One of my favorites in the whole series!!

message 5: by Nickie (new)

Nickie (onenickie) | 7 comments I've reread this series a few times but for some reason Rachel's attitude and maturity in the earlier books really got to me this time. How could someone be selfish and selfless all at the same time? But here seems to be the turning point of growing up.

message 6: by Nickie (new)

Nickie | 47 comments Nickie wrote: "I've reread this series a few times but for some reason Rachel's attitude and maturity in the earlier books really got to me this time. How could someone be selfish and selfless all at the same tim..."
Same...with this re-read I was really annoyed with Rachel in the first couple of books. Selfish, arrogant and immature. I love the foreshadowing we get of her maturing, and then in this book we get to see some of that maturity tested and put into effective action.

message 7: by Dlb (new)

Dlb (dlb1040) | 33 comments I had a similar reaction to Rachel in the earlier books. She used to make me so very angry in the beginning. I even stopped halfway one book and at the quarter point of another one because of her attitude and some of the choices she made. I was so pissed😤 (I will not say what books either🤭) I obviously came back after a couple days and finished but I think a good character brings out those reactions, especially when you’ve grown to care about them. OK, Jenks also had a lot to do with me coming back. That Pixy is awesome 👏