Lit 102 Spring 2020 discussion

Perfect, Imperfect Christmas: A Single Father Romance (Holiday Romance Book 1)
This topic is about Perfect, Imperfect Christmas
The First Kiss Nic & Angelica

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (new)

J. Bliss | 111 comments Mod
Based on the scene of the first kiss, what notion do you gather from Angelica? Nic?
Where are they and how do you know?
Perfect, Imperfect Christmas: A Single Father Romance II

message 2: by Dillan (new)

Dillan | 17 comments During the first kiss of Nicholas and Angelica there was a special connection that came across the two of them, as if they knew that love at first sight was a true statement. Angelica and Nicholas are outside in the snow. I find this reasoning true because in the book it illiterates; “Our kiss grows deeper while snowflakes melt the moment they touch our skin. A gush of wind pushes us against the door along the sidewalk”.

message 3: by Jaliyah (new)

Jaliyah Webster | 17 comments The way Nicholas was describing Angelica he really liked her. He felt a serious romantic connection with Angelica. I think Angelica been felt the connection from Nicholas, but wanted him to make the first move. They are outside in the snow kissing. The reason I say they are outside because the book describes “The first flake freeze from above like white rain, the view on Angelica in the snow”.

message 4: by J. (new)

Great observation. Dillan and Jaliyah. I look forward to seeing more as you keep reading 😊. I think this book is a good fit for you.

message 5: by Sontez (new)

Sontez Williams | 16 comments Dillan I agree with you. You can tell the love between the too, and you can also tell the setting based on the word choice in the book. The connection the two had for each other one really just wanted to make sure that the other felt the same way. I believe it was love at first sight.

message 6: by Jaliyah (new)

Jaliyah Webster | 17 comments Sontez I agree with you. Angelica wanted to see if Nicholas liked her back so she waited for him to make the first gesture. Nicholas definitely felt a connection to Angelica. Him feeling that romantic connection he wanted to stay with her, but they had to leave.

message 7: by Dillan (new)

Dillan | 17 comments Jaliyah,

I agree with your comment about how Angelica has been feeling some type of way about Nicholas. The two of them express their feelings for each other very openly throughout the novel. Great observation😃

message 8: by Tyzell (last edited Jan 10, 2020 08:10PM) (new)

Tyzell Richardson | 12 comments That connection of love came across the two of them during Nicholas and Angelica's first kiss, as if they knew that love was at first sight. Nicholas's connection was felt by Angelica, but she wanted him to make the first move so that she knows that its a connection between them both and not just her. Angelica and Nicholas find themselves in the snow outside. In the audio, it reads; "Our kiss grows deeper, while snowflakes melt as they touch our skin

message 9: by Tyzell (new)

Tyzell Richardson | 12 comments Dillan,

It’s true their was a special connection between the two. First when she sees his eyes and then when she ask to go get stuff together shows that she wants to be around him and also you can tell that their is a romantic connection between the two.

message 10: by Braxton (new)

Braxton | 12 comments Angelic or Nik Are Obviously Crushing on one another. I believe they are sitting outside because in the the text it says something about the snowflakes melt while they are kissing. I believe angelic is falling in love because she sees an attractive guy which is Nik.

message 11: by Carson (new)

Carson Simpson | 11 comments During the first kiss I could tell that the love between the two was deep and passionate because despite being in the freezing cold all he could think about was the beauty of Angelica and all the feelings he had for her that gave him a warm feeling on the inside. I could see the deep admiration he has for her. It was also a picture perfect scene and a stolen moment that they shared

message 12: by Carson (new)

Carson Simpson | 11 comments They are outside in the snow reason being the author is very descriptive about the snow and temperature around them and the notion I get from both nic and Angelica is a deep and passionate attraction that is so strong that they are just focusing on each other and the feelings they have inside and that they are together and enjoying the moment and the stolen kiss that they shared despite the freezing temperature.

message 13: by J. (last edited Jan 10, 2020 02:24PM) (new)

Braxton wrote: "Angelic or Nik Are Obviously Crushing on one another. I believe they are sitting outside because in the the text it says something about the snowflakes melt while they are kissing. I believe angeli..."
I like your observation and can hear you saying this in my head. I don't know if she fell in love by your description but I can see the crushin energy going between the snowflakes. As you continue tell me the words the author uses that makes you think the characters are in love. Be cautious of the spelling as you continue. These are graded post.

message 14: by Anwar (new)

Anwar | 7 comments In the reading of “Perfectly, Imperfect Christmas”, we noticed the strongly growing love between Nicholas and Angelica. They both were into the kiss as they fell deeper for each other. It’s quite obvious that they were outside because the author was very descriptive about the settings at that time. “Our kiss grows deeper whiles snowflakes melt the moment they touch our skin. A gush of wind pushes us against the door along the sidewalk.” This line was enough to tell me where they were.

message 15: by J. (new)

Carson wrote: "During the first kiss I could tell that the love between the two was deep and passionate because despite being in the freezing cold all he could think about was the beauty of Angelica and all the f..."
Carson, you bring up a valid point. It is cold, snowing outside and he still admires her beauty. I enjoyed your observation. The mentioning of how her presence made him warm on the inside captured the sense that you can imagine the sensations of the characters. The aspect of you saying these two are focused on each other despite what is around them, is interesting because it calls into play a chemistry they have with one another. Very good.

message 16: by Sontez (new)

Sontez Williams | 16 comments After listening to the recording I can tell that Nichalos has strong feelings for Angelica and it could be love at first sight, based off the word choice the author uses. In the recording the author says Angelica looks at Nic and he felt a rush of heat go through his body. Nicholas felt a strong love connection between Angelica and and hisself and so did she, but she just wanted to make sure he felt the same way about her as she did about him before she really express her feelings and show Nicholas how she really feel. While listening to the recording you could also tell Nic had feelings because when Angelica said she had to go Nic really didn’t want her to leave to pick Paul up but she had to. The setting seems like it could be outside or even at a store based off the words that was used. In the recording it said “I want to go to the store and get gold light bulbs” then Nic open the door for Angelica.It also said “Our kiss grown deeper while snowflakes melt” which may indicate that the setting could be outside, it could be winter, and it is snowing.

message 17: by J. (new)

Sontez wrote: "After listening to the recording I can tell that Nichalos has strong feelings for Angelica and it could be love at first sight, based off the word choice the author uses. In the recording the autho..."
Nice observation and it's in the correct location. 😊
I appreciate the way you correlate how the author words make you think a certain way. Well done.🙌

message 18: by Adrian (new) - added it

Adrian Ferguson | 13 comments Sontez,

I strongly agree with this observation. There are various ways to puzzle that Nic and Angelica are indeed feeling one another. From the moment he observed the way she looked at him when he says “ She looked at me as if I had new eyes” in that segment you can see that something is definitely getting ready to happen between the two of them.

message 19: by J. (new)

Adrian wrote: "Sontez,

I strongly agree with this observation. There are various ways to puzzle that Nic and Angelica are indeed feeling one another. From the moment he observed the way she looked at him when ..."

Yes Adrian, the word choice of new eyes certainly points out something is sizzling between the two. Nice observation.