Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

City of Dragons (Rain Wild Chronicles, #3)
This topic is about City of Dragons
Hobb - Various > City of Dragons [May 15, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - added it

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4424 comments Mod
City of Dragons - Robin Hobb
City of Dragons (Rain Wild Chronicles, #3) by Robin Hobb
May 15, 2020.

Kathrine | 1246 comments I'm super excited to start! Might have to finish some books first though, I think I'm currently reading like five different ones xD

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Kathrine wrote: "I'm super excited to start! Might have to finish some books first though, I think I'm currently reading like five different ones xD"

Same!! I highly doubt I'll finish the Autumn Republic before this, unless it realllly sucks me in. 😅

message 4: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I'm going to start this today! :)

Anni | 5020 comments Ah shit... How is it the 15th already? I guess I'll be late again 🙈

Bill | 2130 comments Lol right? This month is speeding by. Since it seems like everyone is going to start a little late I’m going to do my other BR first and then jump into this one.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Ah shit... How is it the 15th already? I guess I'll be late again 🙈"

Right?! Where is time going??

I'm gonna be a little late too.

Kathrine | 1246 comments Omg I love that we are basically all equally surprised by this xD I'll see if I can't start tonight or tomorrow because I'm definitely not gonna be able to finish all my other reads in the near future (aka the next week) hahaha

message 9: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Ok I'll fly ahead and scout the unknown territory then! :)

I read up to chapter 5 and so far it's been nice

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Chapter 6:
(view spoiler)

Chapter 7
(view spoiler)

Chapter 8
(view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments I plan on starting this today ^~^ Can't wait to join in this BR with you all~

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Katie wrote: "I plan on starting this today ^~^ Can't wait to join in this BR with you all~"

So excited too! <3

message 13: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I'm almost done now and I can say this is easily my favorite installment in the series so far! So you guys have something to look forward to! :)
It felt more reminiscent of the Liveship Traders trilogy and I didn't feel like the flaws of the first 2 books were as prominent.

message 14: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Some spoilers split up chapter by chapter:

Chapter 9
(view spoiler)

Chapter 10
(view spoiler)

Chaper 11
(view spoiler)

Chapter 13
(view spoiler)

Chapter 14
(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Bea wrote: "I'm almost done now and I can say this is easily my favorite installment in the series so far! So you guys have something to look forward to! :)
It felt more reminiscent of the Liveship Traders tri..."

I'm so happy to hear this!! :D

Thank you for leaving spoilers for us to read too! <3

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments Awesome!~
So so glad you liked the book Bea. Can't wait to get a chance to read your spoilers :D

message 17: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I finished it yesterday! Finally, very solid good 4 stars and proof that Madam Hobb can still enchant me

Chapter 15 and epilogue:

(view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments I'm midway through Chapter 2 at the moment...
But can we begin with how the book all started?! I mean we saw (view spoiler)I wonder what happened to him,

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Siobhan (last edited May 20, 2020 11:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Katie wrote: "I'm midway through Chapter 2 at the moment...
But can we begin with how the book all started?! I mean we saw [spoilers removed]I wonder what happened"

Just read chapter 1, what the hell?! (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Chapter 2 - (view spoiler)

message 21: by Katie (last edited May 20, 2020 08:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments Siobhan wrote: "Just read chapter 1, what the hell?! ..."

This is most definitely the first we heard of it Siobhan! (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Katie wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Just read chapter 1, what the hell?! ..."

This is most definitely the first we heard of it Siobhan! ..."

Ahhh yes I remember that now Katie, this is a new villain for us then! :)

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments For sure! I don't know whether to be excited or nervous ^^; Where Hobb is involved...

message 24: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I'm excited for you guys finally reading this!! :D

Siobhan wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'm midway through Chapter 2 at the moment...
."

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Bea wrote: "I'm excited for you guys finally reading this!! :D

Siobhan wrote: "Katie wrote: "I'm midway through Chapter 2 at the moment...
."."

Haha great description! And yes definitely a shock!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Bea wrote: "Ok I'll fly ahead and scout the unknown territory then! :)

I read up to chapter 5 and so far it's been nice."

Re chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Chapter 7 - (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Bea wrote:

Chapter 8
.."

Re chapter 8 (view spoiler)

message 29: by Anni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Bea wrote: "I'm almost done now and I can say this is easily my favorite installment in the series so far! So you guys have something to look forward to! :)
It felt more reminiscent of the Liveship Traders tri..."

Uh, that sounds great :) I'm really looking forward to start this one! I have a few hours of my The Providence of Fire audiobook left, that I would like to finish first, I hope that I can make a start tomorrow :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Yay can't wait for you to join us, Anni! 😊

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Chapter 9 - (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Half way through chapter 10... (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Okay I've finally started! Sorry for the delay xD

I had a night of insomnia last night and managed to read all the way through chapter 10. Can I just start out by saying that I think this book is a major improvement on the two previous books? Don't get me wrong, I really liked both The Dragon Keeper and Dragon Haven, but it's like they've both been missing something.... City of Dragons, however, feels like a return to the standard amazing quality of Hobb's books; everything, from the writing to the complexity of the plot to the characters seems to have become better and more well-developed or I guess just well-grounded. How do the rest of you feel about it so far?

Kathrine | 1246 comments Bea wrote: "Chapter 7
[spoilers removed]"

I agree so much! This book has actually managed to creep me out a lot so far xD There's just something so... haunting about (view spoiler)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 7"

Definitely (view spoiler)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 2 "

(view spoiler)

Kathrine | 1246 comments Re: chapter 8 and Rapskal: (view spoiler)

message 39: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 2130 comments So I kind of just blew through this book and enjoyed it so much that I started the last book and am almost done with it.

Re: Rapskal(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Bea wrote: "Some spoilers split up chapter by chapter
."

RE 11 through 14 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Ending thoughts: (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Can I just add, the title of the next book makes me very nervous... 😳

message 43: by Katie (last edited May 26, 2020 07:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments Oh no! I haven't looked at the title yet ^^; Still trucking on this one. Just finish Chapter 6 where we got to see (view spoiler) again. I can't believe how much she has changed. (view spoiler)

message 44: by Anni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I only read the first 3 chapters, but YEAH!!! (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I only read the first 3 chapters, but YEAH!!! "

Ah yes I remember that! Just felt a bit like I must have missed something else!

message 46: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Siobhan wrote: "Can I just add, the title of the next book makes me very nervous... 😳"

It's just named that way because it sounds good! It doesn't mean anything! *Nods in conviction*

message 47: by Anni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I finished as well :) I read more than half in just ine sitting! Such a great book and it was so cool (view spoiler)

I also read through all your spoilers and I agree! (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Glad you loved it too, Anni!! I think you're right about (view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments I'm at page 290 now and oh my gosh so much is happening here. First of all let me say I was sooo angry when that guy (view spoiler)

Katie Koloske | 1860 comments So I take it that "getting eaten by a dragon" has now become a thing for all hateable characters in the Realm of the Elderlings? lol

I had some time off today so I finally got down to finishing this little novel~

I have to say that I loved reading everyone's spoilers. I know Bea especially had some wonderful tidbits chapter to chapter that I totally agreed with. :D

Ending Spoilers
(view spoiler)

« previous 1