Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about Dragon Haven
Hobb - Various > Dragon Haven [Apr 15, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - added it

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4606 comments Mod
Dragon Haven - Robin Hobb
Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2) by Robin Hobb
April 15, 2020.

message 2: by Siobhan (last edited Apr 15, 2020 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments I made a start on this tonight! The prologue was pretty much a 'previously on the Rain Wild Chronicles...' lol.

Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Bill | 2144 comments I'll start later tonight or tomorrow.

Anni | 5020 comments Uuuh! I forgot that the BR already starts today! I'll finish Mistborn 4 first and will start this one tomorrow or Friday :) I'm really excited!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Uuuh! I forgot that the BR already starts today! I'll finish Mistborn 4 first and will start this one tomorrow or Friday :) I'm really excited!"

I'll be here a while, Anni, so don't worry! 😂

Bill | 2144 comments Siobhan wrote: "I made a start on this tonight! The prologue was pretty much a 'previously on the Rain Wild Chronicles...' lol.

Chapter 1..."

Chapter 1(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Bill wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "I made a start on this tonight! The prologue was pretty much a 'previously on the Rain Wild Chronicles...' lol.

Chapter 1..."

Chapter 1 ."

(view spoiler)

Kathrine | 1246 comments I can hopefully start this weekend! Got a bit of a situation at work right now (my boss isn't being very nice to us, so me and three of my colleagues have a meeting with HR about it Monday – fun times 😅)

message 9: by Bea (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Siobhan wrote: "I made a start on this tonight! The prologue was pretty much a 'previously on the Rain Wild Chronicles...' lol.

Chapter 1 That was a long chapter! "

Agree on the grossness and characters being perves 🤢

message 10: by Bea (last edited Apr 16, 2020 02:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Seven chapters in and I'm beginning to see what Petrik meant when he said this series is a bunch of characters going on a STD-spree 😅

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Oh dear... I'm only 2 chapters in but I suspect what you may be talking about haha!

message 12: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Siobhan wrote: "I made a start on this tonight! The prologue was pretty much a 'previously on the Rain Wild Chronicles...' lol.

Chapter 1 That was a long chapter! ..."

Urgh, that was indeed gros! Re: Your theory on Sedric (Chapter 2) (view spoiler)

message 13: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments One thing I forgot to mention: I'm so glad we again have the messages from Erek and Detozi here ♥️

Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Bea (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Finished! A little slow and a bit too much focus on teenagers' love life but I still enjoyed it.

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Bea (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Also, can we appreciate how Robin Hobb creates complex characters that you are really able to hate (yes, I see that as something positive) while she still manages to present a backstory of why they are this way? And I like that the good guys always have some flaws, too.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "I made a start on this tonight! The prologue was pretty much a 'previously on the Rain Wild Chronicles...' lol.

Chapter 1 That was a long chapter! ..."

Urgh, that was indeed gros!..."

RE chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Bea wrote: "Also, can we appreciate how Robin Hobb creates complex characters that you are really able to hate (yes, I see that as something positive) while she still manages to present a backstory of why they..."

Yes! Absolutely love this about Hobb's characters. She's created some of the most hateable characters ever I think!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "One thing I forgot to mention: I'm so glad we again have the messages from Erek and Detozi here ♥️

Chapter 3 [spoilers removed]"

I am so glad we have the messages again too! :)

RE chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Chapter 4 - (view spoiler)

Katie K | 1977 comments Just started this one today! I can't believe you already finished it Bea! lol You speed reader you. I'm glad you still enjoyed the book ^~^ I know this one is ranked among the lowest among her series when up against the others~

Chapter 1~
Yupp. Agree with you all here. Lots of grossness. >_<
(view spoiler)

Katie K | 1977 comments Okay, so I was reading this book aloud to my boy and oh my gosh I have some thoughts during Chapter 2~

Page 52 -- Oh Sedric. no no no.
(view spoiler)

Page 57 -- It's happeninggggg <3
(view spoiler)

Page 59 -- my new favorite quote
(view spoiler)

Yes this was only 10 pages of things, and I'm a goofball, but I had to share some thoughts, lol

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Katie wrote: "Okay, so I was reading this book aloud to my boy and oh my gosh I have some thoughts during Chapter 2~

Page 52 -- Oh Sedric. no no no. .."

❤️❤️❤️ I love these thoughts!! I love it when like 10 pages of a book can make you feel so much! XD
I'm totally there with you on the page 57 shipping! 😅

Katie K | 1977 comments Hehe, I’m glad you like them Siobhan 😆 And yes! I want that relationship to happen so badly! That damn Jess. Lol

message 24: by Bill (last edited Apr 21, 2020 07:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bill | 2144 comments Bea wrote: "Finished! A little slow and a bit too much focus on teenagers' love life but I still enjoyed it."

I felt the same. I enjoyed it though because it had a focus on characters rather than fighting and war which is what I’m finding myself gravitate to more these days.

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Chapter 7 - I had a lot of feels about this chapter....

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Bea wrote: "Seven chapters in and I'm beginning to see what Petrik meant when he said this series is a bunch of characters going on a STD-spree 😅

Seriously.."

SO UNCOMFORTABLE! Totally made my skin crawl!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Chapter 9

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Chapter 10 - (view spoiler)

message 29: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 7 - I had a lot of feels about this chapter..."

If I were lazy, I would just copy your comment and re-post it! 😂 I feel exactly the same about everything. ...actually I guess I'm even more lazy because I will just state that.

message 30: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Katie wrote: "Okay, so I was reading this book aloud to my boy and oh my gosh I have some thoughts during Chapter 2~

Page 52 --..."

I agree with Siobhan! Such a great update, that's something I really enjoy doing Buddy Reads, seing otheres in love with the book, makes it even more special

message 31: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments I wrote this before on the Dragon Keeper thread, but I'm still thinking about it, can someone please helo me out? My memory is a bit foggy

'I'm afraid it's far too long since I've read the other books, but wasn't there a scene with Fitz traveling to an abandoned city with a big building with doors wide enough for dragons. I think he also had a vision of someone wearing the roostercrown there. Could that have been Kelsingra?'

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 7 - I had a lot of feels about this chapter..."

If I were lazy, I would just copy your comment and re-post it! 😂 I feel exactly the same about everything. ...actually I gue..."

Hahaha I'll allow it! XD Was just wondering how you're getting on with it! Have you read this one before?

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Katie wrote: "Okay, so I was reading this book aloud to my boy and oh my gosh I have some thoughts during Chapter 2~

Page 52 --..."

I agree with Siobhan! Such a great update, that's something I r..."

Totally agree! ❤️

message 34: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Siobhan wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 7 - I had a lot of feels about this chapter..."

If I were lazy, I would just copy your comment and re-post it! 😂 I feel exactly the same about everything. ..."

No I haven't, I only read Dragon Keeper last year and then decided to read the whole series another time :)

Even with the bothering bits it's still a very enjoyable read, I personally think it's a bit more superficial than hobbs other books, but I like it. Especially the interaction with the dragons of course and (Chapter 8) (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "I wrote this before on the Dragon Keeper thread, but I'm still thinking about it, can someone please helo me out? My memory is a bit foggy

'I'm afraid it's far too long since I've read the other b..."

Sorry I thought we'd discussed this, must have been in my head!! (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 7 - I had a lot of feels about this chapter..."

If I were lazy, I would just copy your comment and re-post it! 😂 I feel exactly the same ab..."

Ah yes, sorry I remember you saying you'd only read book 1 now! That's even better that we're reading the rest for the first time together :)

Even with the bothering bits it's still a very enjoyable read, I personally think it's a bit more superficial than hobbs other books, but I like it. Especially the interaction with the dragons of course

I really agree. I'm still enjoying it very much! Despite their annoying relationships and misunderstandings and blatant ignorance. The things happening behind this stuff is still really interesting to me, and the dragons interactions are gold! :D

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Chapter 13 - The Erek and Detozi letter just before chapter 14 - (view spoiler)

The rest of chapter 13 - (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Chapter 14 - (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Chapter 19!

(view spoiler)

message 40: by Siobhan (last edited Apr 23, 2020 01:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Finished! :D This book made me so happy, I smiled so much towards the end! ❤️ I know there were some irritating moments, but generally I loved it!

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Bea wrote: "Finished! A little slow and a bit too much focus on teenagers' love life but I still enjoyed it."

Very good points, Bea!

(view spoiler)

message 42: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments What? How are you done already?

I'm looking forward to open your spoilers :) I think I'll finish it tomorrow or this weekend as well.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "What? How are you done already?

I'm looking forward to open your spoilers :) I think I'll finish it tomorrow or this weekend as well."

I've read about 120 pages a night this week! Really good going for me, but it sucked me in! :)

message 44: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 10 "

Haha yes! That made me laugh too! Also WHAT?! (view spoiler)

message 45: by Anni (last edited Apr 24, 2020 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Re Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 10 "

Haha yes! That made me laugh too! Also WHAT?! [spoilers removed]"

You didn't miss it! This was the reveal I think. (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Chapter 12 [spoilers removed]

Re Chapter 13 .."

RE chapter 13 (view spoiler)

message 48: by Bea (last edited Apr 25, 2020 03:24AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Chapter 10 "

Haha yes! That made me laugh too! Also WHAT?! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 49: by Katie (last edited Apr 24, 2020 04:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie K | 1977 comments You guys are speedy readers for sure! lol. I only just finished Chapter 5 lol.

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Anni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anni | 5020 comments Katie wrote: "You guys are speedy readers for sure! lol. I only just finished Chapter 5 lol. .."

Only because I also have the audiobook to listen to, I wouldn't be nearly as fast if I would only read my copy 😅

And you're right (view spoiler)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dragon Haven (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robin Hobb (other topics)