2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > ☕ωj'ѕ 2ᵒ2ᵒ вσℴƙ sƚasĦ

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by W.J. (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 📚A Writer Under the Influence of Books📚
Irredeemably Addicted

Welcome to my favorite space on the web filled with challenges, all kinds of lists, an array of genres, and the words and worlds created by all the amazing authors displayed below.

Admission is FREE so what are you waiting for?! Come on in and feel at ease to check out my stash!!! You are more than welcome to borrow some books, stack them on your TBR list, without forgetting to put everything back on its place before you leave. And please, for the love of creativity, DO NOT STEAL ANYTHING!!!
*clears throat* - -- moving on...

Hours and hours of fun are completely guaranteed **

As many of you do, I also love to receive recommendations of any books you think may fit my shelves, so feel free to post or reply at any time.
PLEASE NO SPOILERS

FYI
The following Safety Measures may be Advised and encouraged but not required while reading:

1. a cozy blanket depends on the weather
2. a cup of hot chocolate, coffee, tea, water or any drink of your choice again; depends on the weather
3. a notebook, pencil or pen the use of any electronic devices is not recommended. A significant drop on attention spam has been reported
4. cell phone or camera to take those cool pictures of the books while reading is a MUST but only if kept on airplane or do not disturb mode to avoid any distractions
5. reading glasses or contact lenses if necessary
6. in the event of impromptu, unsolicited or unwelcomed interruptions, the use of a polite yet menacing DO NOT DISTURB look will be encouraged.
7. the most important one; Have FUN and DO NOT STOP Reading!!!

***Exceptions to #7 is the Required use of a bookmark in the events of bathroom breaks, the need to feed yourself or others (including your pets), and the well-deserved sleep time (even though most of the times you just NEED to read only one more chapter). In such cases use an alarm clock to control the urge of the dreaded all-nighters.

Disclaimer:
**Safe return to the realm of the living may NOT be guaranteed.
Adverse reactions may include: losing track of time, journaling, the awakening of your senses, an increase in your vocabulary/IQ, and other positive changes (less time spent on the internet or binge-watching Netflix, is most likely to occur but not yet proved).

Important Disclaimer:
I reserve the right to edit, exchange or delete any book from my stash at any time.
Hoarders, kleptomaniacs or open drinks are NOT welcome by any circumstances.

To sum up; have fun and leave a comment if you like!

WJ Cintron
@wjcintron on social media
from Los Angeles, California
Single Mother/Believer/Animal Lover
Published Author/Screenwriter/Filmmaker/Editor
Irredeemably addicted to the arts

message 2: by W.J. (last edited Jan 13, 2020 12:27PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 2020 Pop Sugar Reading Challenge
Regular prompts

🗸 1. A book that's published in 2020 Malorie
🗸 2. A book by a trans or nonbinary author All the Birds in the Sky
🗸 3. A book with a great first line Red Sister
🗸 4. A book about a book club The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
🗸 5. A book set in a city that has hosted the Olympics The Perfect Nanny
🗸 6. A bildungsroman Tell the Wolves I'm Home
🗸 7. The first book you touch on a shelf with your eyes closed Mosquitoland
🗸 8. A book with an upside-down image on the cover The Accident Season
🗸 9. A book with a map Shadow and Bone
🗸 10. A book recommended by your favorite blog, vlog, podcast, or online book club Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance
🗸 11. An anthology The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic
🗸 12. A book that passes the Bechdel test The Raven Boys
🗸 13. A book with the same title as a movie or TV show but is unrelated to it Legend
🗸 14. A book by an author with flora or fauna in their name You
🗸 15. A book about or involving social media Follow Me Back
🗸 16. A book that has a book on the cover Fahrenheit 451
🗸 17. A medical thriller The Secret Room
🗸 18. A book with a made-up language Strange the Dreamer
🗸 19. A book set in a country beginning with "C" The Lonely Hearts Hotel
🗸 20. A book you picked because the title caught your attention The Starless Sea
🗸 21. A book published the month of your birthday Year One
🗸 22. A book about or by a woman in STEM The Power
🗸 23. A book that won an award in 2019 The Institute
🗸 24. A book on a subject you know nothing about The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World
🗸 25. A book with only words on the cover, no images or graphics The Loop
🗸 26. A book with a pun in the title Feta Attraction
🗸 27. A book featuring one of the seven deadly sins Seven Ways We Lie
🗸 28. A book with a robot, cyborg, or AI character The Perfect Wife
🗸 29. A book with a bird on the cover Six of Crows
🗸 30. A fiction or nonfiction book about a world leader The Library at Mount Char
🗸 31. A book with "gold," "silver," or "bronze" in the title A Touch of Gold
🗸 32. A book by a WOC Akata Witch
🗸 33. A book with at least a four-star rating on Goodreads Verity
🗸 34. A book you meant to read in 2019 Dry
🗸 35. A book with a three-word title The Darkest Minds
🗸 36. A book with a pink cover We Are Okay
🗸 37. A Western Thirteenth Child
🗸 38. A book by or about a journalist Then She Was Gone
🗸 39. Read a banned book during Banned Books Week A Child Called "It"
🗸 40. Your favorite prompt from a past POPSUGAR Reading Challenge 2015: A mystery or thriller: The Wives

2020 Challenge - Advanced prompts

🗸 1. A book written by an author in their 20s Vicious
🗸 2. A book with "20" or "twenty" in the title Twenty
🗸 3. A book with a character with a vision impairment or enhancement (a nod to 20/20 vision) The Angel Experiment
🗸 4. A book set in the 1920s The Diviners
🗸 5. A book set in Japan, host of the 2020 Olympics Warcross
🔖 6. A book by an author who has written more than 20 books UnSouled
🗸 7. A book with more than 20 letters in its title Spellbook of the Lost and Found
🗸 8. A book published in the 20th century Sabriel
🗸 9. A book from a series with more than 20 books Infinity
🗸 10. A book with a main character in their 20s King of Scars

Malorie (Bird Box, #2) by Josh Malerman All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald The Perfect Nanny by Leïla Slimani Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt Mosquitoland by David Arnold The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang The Language of Thorns Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grishaverse, #0.5, 2.5, 2.6) by Leigh Bardugo The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back, #1) by A.V. Geiger Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury The Secret Room (Zoe Goldman, #3) by Sandra Block Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor The Lonely Hearts Hotel by Heather O'Neill The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts The Power by Naomi Alderman The Institute by Stephen King The Hidden Life of Trees What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohlleben The Loop by Ben Oliver Feta Attraction (Greek to Me Mystery #1) by Susannah Hardy Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate The Perfect Wife by J.P. Delaney Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins A Touch of Gold (A Touch of Gold, #1) by Annie Sullivan Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Verity by Colleen Hoover Dry by Neal Shusterman The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken We Are Okay by Nina LaCour Thirteenth Child (Frontier Magic, #1) by Patricia C. Wrede Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell A Child Called "It" (Dave Pelzer, #1) by Dave Pelzer The Wives by Tarryn Fisher Vicious (Villains, #1) by V.E. Schwab Twenty by Debra Landwehr Engle The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu UnSouled (Unwind Dystology, #3) by Neal Shusterman Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 3: by W.J. (last edited Jan 13, 2020 12:16PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments Book Riot's 2020 Read Harder Challenge
#readharder
UPDATES

4/24

🗸 1. Read a YA nonfiction book Shout
🗸 2. Read a retelling of a classic of the canon, fairytale, or myth by an author of color The Girl from the Well
🗸 3. Read a mystery where the victim(s) is not a woman Fake ID
🗸 4. Read a graphic memoir Stitches: A Memoir
🗸 5. Read a book about a natural disaster Dry
🗸 6. Read a play by an author of color and/or queer author We're Gonna Die
🗸 7. Read a historical fiction novel not set in WWII My Brilliant Friend
❌8. Read an audiobook of poetry Milk and Honey
🗸 9. Read the LAST book in a series The Wrath of Mulgarath
🗸 10. Read a book that takes place in a rural setting The Things She's Seen
🗸 11. Read a debut novel by a queer author All the Birds in the Sky
🗸 12. Read a memoir by someone from a religious tradition (or lack of religious tradition) that is not your own The World in Flames: A Black Boyhood in a White Supremacist Doomsday Cult
❌ 13. Read a food book about a cuisine you’ve never tried before All-American Paleo Table
🗸 14. Read a romance starring a single parent About a Boy
🗸 15. Read a book about climate change Year One
🗸 16. Read a doorstopper (over 500 pages) published after 1950, written by a woman Fingersmith
🗸 17. Read a sci-fi/fantasy novella (under 120 pages) Binti
❌ 18. Read a picture book with a human main character from a marginalized community Sulwe
🗸 19. Read a book by or about a refugee Once
🗸 20. Read a middle grade book that doesn’t take place in the U.S. or the UK City of Ghosts
🗸 21. Read a book with a main character or protagonist with a disability (fiction or non) The Six
🗸 22. Read a horror book published by an indie press He Digs A Hole
❌ 23. Read an edition of a literary magazine (digital or physical) Bodega
🗸 24. Read a book in any genre by a Native, First Nations, or Indigenous author Moon of the Crusted Snow

Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Fake ID by Lamar Giles Stitches A Memoir by David Small Dry by Neal Shusterman We're Gonna Die by Young Jean Lee My Brilliant Friend (L'amica geniale #1) by Elena Ferrante Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur The Wrath of Mulgarath by Tony DiTerlizzi The Things She's Seen by Ambelin Kwaymullina
All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders The World in Flames A Black Boyhood in a White Supremacist Doomsday Cult by Jerald Walker All-American Paleo Table by Caroline Potter About a Boy by Nick Hornby Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts Fingersmith by Sarah Waters Binti (Binti, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Sulwe by Lupita Nyong'o Once by Morris Gleitzman City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1) by Victoria Schwab The Six by Mark Alpert He Digs A Hole by Danger Slater Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice

message 4: by W.J. (last edited Jan 11, 2020 11:04AM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 2020 COLOR CHALLENGE
In for 18

🗸 1. Read a book with "White" or any shade of white in the cover (ivory, cream, bone, etc...). Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts
🗸 2. Read a book with "Pink" or any shade of pink in the cover (rose, magenta, salmon, etc...). We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
🗸 3. Read a book with "Red" or any shade of red in the cover (maroon, brick, scarlet, etc...). Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
🗸 4. Read a book with "Orange" or any shade of orange in the cover (apricot, ginger, carrot, etc...). Dry by Neal Shusterman
🗸 5. Read a book with "Yellow" or any shade of yellow in the cover (blond, chartreuse, canary, etc...). You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes
🗸 6. Read a book with "Green" or any shade of green in the cover (sage, lime, jade, etc...). Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
🗸 7. Read a book with "Light Blue" or any shade of light blue in the cover (teal, sky, cerulean, etc...). The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
🔖 8. Read a book with "Dark Blue" or any shade of dark blue in the cover (indigo, denim, navy, etc...). UnSouled (Unwind Dystology, #3) by Neal Shusterman
🗸 9. Read a book with "Purple" or any shade of purple in the cover (lavender, plum, orchid, etc...). Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back, #1) by A.V. Geiger or The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray
🗸 10. Read a book with "Brown" or any shade of brown in the cover (tan, mahogany, coffee, etc...). The Nest by Kenneth Oppel
❌11. Read a book with "Black" or any shade of black in the cover (grey, slate, coal, etc...). Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
🗸 12. Read a book with a Metallic color in the cover (gold, silver, bronze, etc...). Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu

🗸 13. Read a book with at least 5 colors on the cover. Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate
🗸 14. Read a book with a geometric pattern on the cover (rainbows, stripes, polka dots, floral pattern, mosiac, etc...). Twenty by Debra Landwehr Engle
🗸 15. Read a book with an ugly (to you) cover. He Digs A Hole by Danger Slater
🗸 16. Read a book with two or more color words in the title (yellow gold, black & white, etc...) Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1) by Cameron Jace
🗸 17. Read a book with the word “Color” in the title. The Color of Lies by C.J. Lyons
🗸 18. Read a book with a word describing color in the title (rainbow, stripes, polka dots, shiny, mosiac, etc...) dark The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

message 5: by W.J. (last edited Jan 10, 2020 04:00AM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments LITSY #BOOKED2020
Seasons

WINTER

🗸 1. A book by a Millennial Author: Sabriel
🗸 2. A book with a hat/head covering on the cover (National hat day January 15): Fake ID
🗸 3. #liveandlearn A book with a subject new to you (Jan 24 Int Day of Education): All-American Paleo Table
🗸 4. A book set in Hollywood (Feb 9 Academy Awards): Starters
🗸 5. #covercrush (Valentine’s Day): Entwined
❌6. A book you can finish in one day: Milk and Honey

SPRING

🗸 7. A book that makes you LOL (April’s Fool April 1): How to Sharpen Pencils: A Practical and Theoretical Treatise on the Artisanal Craft of Pencil Sharpening for Writers, Artists, Contractors, Flange Turners, Anglesmiths, & Civil Servants
🗸 8. A parent and child memoir (Fam Day Apr 10): An Abbreviated Life: A Memoir
🗸 9. A Tartan Noir (by a Scottish author): Sleep
🗸 10. A book about genocide (Holocaust Remembrance Day April 21): Once
🗸 11. A book by a Pan Asian author or silk punk (Asian American/Pacific Islander - May: The Rose Society
🗸 12. A book with an animal on the cover (Pet Day April 11): The Raven Boys

SUMMER

🗸 13. A book with a red, white, or blue type on the cover (4th of July): UnSouled
🗸 14. A book with an eccentric MC: Defy the Stars
🗸 15. a YA novel by a PoC (Int youth day August 27): Angelfall
🗸 16. #wineorwhine A book about wine or MC who whines: The Hazel Wood
🗸 17. A banned book (September): A Child Called "It"
🗸 18. Armchair travel (tourism day Sept 27): In the Woods

FALL

🗸 19. #thinkpink: We Are Ok
🗸 20. A gothic horror (Halloween): Slade House
🗸 21. A book set in India, Southern Asia (Nov 14 Diwali): The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
🗸 22. #bookclubworthy (National reading club month): Wilder Girls
🗸 23. New in 2020: Malorie
🗸 24. A book at the bottom of your TBR: Dry

Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix Fake ID by Lamar Giles All-American Paleo Table by Caroline Potter Starters (Starters, #1) by Lissa Price Entwined by Heather Dixon Wallwork Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur How to Sharpen Pencils A Practical and Theoretical Treatise on the Artisanal Craft of Pencil Sharpening for Writers, Artists, Contractors, Flange Turners, Anglesmiths, & Civil Servants by David Rees An Abbreviated Life A Memoir by Ariel Leve Sleep by C.L. Taylor Once by Morris Gleitzman The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by Marie Lu The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater UnSouled (Unwind Dystology, #3) by Neal Shusterman Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1) by Claudia Gray Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert A Child Called "It" (Dave Pelzer, #1) by Dave Pelzer In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French We Are Ok by Nina LaCour Slade House by David Mitchell The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker Wilder Girls by Rory Power Malorie (Bird Box, #2) by Josh Malerman Dry by Neal Shusterman

message 6: by W.J. (last edited Jan 10, 2020 12:59PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments LITSY 2020 #litsyAtoZ CHALLENGE
#AbecedarianTBR

UPDATES
2/26

Read one book for every letter of the alphabet. The letter can be the first in the title, the first letter of the author’s last name or a mixture of both.
Mixed Prompt

🗸 A
Akata Witch

🗸 B
Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance

🗸 C
The Girl from the Well

🗸 D
Dry

🗸 E
Emma in the Night

🗸 F
Fingersmith

🗸 G
Follow Me Back Author's Last Name: Geiger

🗸 H
He Digs A Hole

🗸 I
Infinity

🗸 J
Then She Was Gone Author's Last Name: Jewell

🗸 K
King of Scars

🗸 L
Legend

❌M
Milk and Honey

🗸 N
Sabriel Author's Last Name: Nix

🔖O
On Gratitude: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Bridges, Alicia Keys, Daryl Hall, Ray Bradbury, Anna Kendrick, B.B. King, Elmore Leonard, Deepak Chopra, and 42 More Celebrities Share What They're Most Thankful For

🗸 P
A Child Called "It" Author's Last Name: Pelzer

🗸 Q
Quest for a Maid

🗸 R
Red Sister

❌S
Sulwe

🗸 T
Tell the Wolves I'm Home

🗸 U
UnSouled 🔖

🗸 V
Verity

🗸 W
Warcross

🗸 X
Xoe

🗸 Y
You

🗸 Z
Zebra Forest

Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Dry by Neal Shusterman Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker Fingersmith by Sarah Waters Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back, #1) by A.V. Geiger He Digs A Hole by Danger Slater Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix On Gratitude Sheryl Crow, Jeff Bridges, Alicia Keys, Daryl Hall, Ray Bradbury, Anna Kendrick, B.B. King, Elmore Leonard, Deepak Chopra, and 42 More Celebrities Share What They're Most Thankful For by Todd Aaron Jensen A Child Called "It" (Dave Pelzer, #1) by Dave Pelzer Quest for a Maid by Frances Mary Hendry Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence Sulwe by Lupita Nyong'o Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt UnSouled (Unwind Dystology, #3) by Neal Shusterman Verity by Colleen Hoover Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Xoe (Xoe Meyers, #1) by Sara C. Roethle You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Zebra Forest by Adina Rishe Gewirtz

message 7: by W.J. (last edited Jan 10, 2020 01:00PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 2020 ALPHABET SOUP READING CHALLENGE
#AlphabetSoupChallenge

UPDATES
2/26

Read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet. You can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles.
Below are all my spoonfuls

🗸 A
Akata Witch

🗸 B
Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance

🗸 C
A Child Called "It" dropping the "A"

🗸 D
Dry

🗸 E
Emma in the Night

🗸 F
Follow Me Back

🗸 G
The Girl from the Well dropping the "the"

🗸 H
The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World

🗸 I
Infinity

🗸 J
Jasper Jones

🗸 K
King of Scars

🗸 L
Legend

❌M
Milk and Honey

🗸 N
The Nest

🔖O
On Gratitude: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Bridges, Alicia Keys, Daryl Hall, Ray Bradbury, Anna Kendrick, B.B. King, Elmore Leonard, Deepak Chopra, and 42 More Celebrities Share What They're Most Thankful For

🗸 P
The Power

🗸 Q
Quest for a Maid

🗸 R
The Raven Boys

❌S
Sulwe

🗸 T
Tell the Wolves I'm Home

🗸 U
UnSouled 🔖

🗸 V
Verity

🗸 W
Warcross

🗸 X
Xoe

🗸 Y
You

🗸 Z
Zebra Forest

Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang A Child Called "It" (Dave Pelzer, #1) by Dave Pelzer Dry by Neal Shusterman Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker Follow Me Back (Follow Me Back, #1) by A.V. Geiger The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco The Hidden Life of Trees What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohlleben Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur The Nest by Kenneth Oppel On Gratitude Sheryl Crow, Jeff Bridges, Alicia Keys, Daryl Hall, Ray Bradbury, Anna Kendrick, B.B. King, Elmore Leonard, Deepak Chopra, and 42 More Celebrities Share What They're Most Thankful For by Todd Aaron Jensen The Power by Naomi Alderman Quest for a Maid by Frances Mary Hendry The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Sulwe by Lupita Nyong'o Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt UnSouled (Unwind Dystology, #3) by Neal Shusterman Verity by Colleen Hoover Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Xoe (Xoe Meyers, #1) by Sara C. Roethle You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Zebra Forest by Adina Rishe Gewirtz

message 8: by W.J. (last edited Jan 11, 2020 08:58PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 52 Books in 52 Weeks 2020
**List Under Construction**

UPDATES
2/52

🗸 1. A book with the letter "W" on the title: Winter Falls
🗸 2. A hardcover: A Long Way Down
🗸 3. By an indigenous author: Moon of the Crusted Snow
🗸 4. Set in winter: Witchlanders
🗸 5. A character who is a senior: My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry
🗸 6. Written in the 1970’s: Nine Princes in Amber
🗸 7. An author local to you: Shatter Me
🗸 8. Orange on the cover: The Fearless
🗸 9. Set in space: Binti
🗸 10. A bestseller: Into the Water
🗸 11. A book that leaves you thinking: The Vegetarian
🗸 12. A “guilty pleasure”:
🗸 13. Written by a female author: Shadow and Bone
🗸 14. Book in a series: UnSouled
🗸 15. Book with romance: The Raven Boys
🗸 16. Borrowed from a friend: The Power
🗸 17. Written by more than one author: Dry
🗸 18. Published in 2020: Malorie
🗸 19. A Stephen King novel: The Institute
🗸 20.An author whose last name starts with the same initials as yours: Rin Chupeco The Girl from the Well
🗸 21. Written by a blogger or journalist: Then She Was Gone
🗸 22. A character that frustrates you: The Sky Is Everywhere
🗸 23. Title beginning with A: Angelfall
🗸 24. Title beginning with B: Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance
🗸 25. Title beginning with C: City of Ghosts
🗸 26. A strong “friendship” theme: The Ocean at the End of the Lane or Doll Bones
🗸 27. A comic book: Something is Killing the Children #1
🗸 28. Literary Fiction: The Enchanted
🗸 29. An award-winning novel: 🌟Michael L. Printz Award Winner 🌟Rhode Island Teen Book Award Winner Scythe
🔖30. A book with recipes inside: All-American Paleo Table
🗸 31. A book featuring royalty: Maybe Cruel Crown
🗸 32. A spy novel: The Prince
❌33. A book containing poetry: Milk and Honey
❌34. A book with illustrations: Sulwe
🗸 35. An author’s debut book: Housekeeping
🗸 36. Written in first person: The Sun Is Also a Star
🗸 37. A book featuring a medical profession: The Doctor
🗸 38. Set in the future: Across the Universe
🗸 39. A book used in a celebrity book club: Emma Roberts Belletrist Book Club The Dreamers or Reese Witherspoon's Book Club Dark Places
🗸 40. A book on the Mensa reading list for grades 9-12: Lord of the Flies or El amor en los tiempos del cólera
🗸 41. Published when you were 20: 1996 The Regulators
🗸 42. Reuse a prompt from a past year/2019 Gothic Fiction Novel: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
🗸 43. Set in a country you've never visited before: The Little French Bistro
🗸 44. Recommended to you by Amazon: You
🗸 45. A book that cost you less than $5: Stir: My Broken Brain and the Meals That Brought Me Home
🗸 46. By an author used in an earlier category: Unravel Me or World After
🗸 47. The story takes place on a form of transportation:
🗸 48. A character who wears glasses:
🗸 49. About a World Leader: The Library at Mount Char
🗸 50. An author you previously disliked:
🗸 51. A genre you don't normally care for:
🗸 52. A book with a Foreword:

Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1) by Nicole Maggi A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice Witchlanders by Lena Coakley My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman Nine Princes in Amber (The Chronicles of Amber #1) by Roger Zelazny Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi The Fearless by Emma Pass Binti (Binti, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Into the Water by Paula Hawkins The Vegetarian by Han Kang --- Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone, #1) by Leigh Bardugo UnSouled (Unwind Dystology, #3) by Neal Shusterman The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Power by Naomi Alderman Dry by Neal Shusterman Malorie (Bird Box, #2) by Josh Malerman The Institute by Stephen King The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1) by Victoria Schwab --- Something is Killing the Children #1 (Something is Killing the Children) by James Tynion IV The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman All-American Paleo Table by Caroline Potter Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-0.2) by Victoria Aveyard The Prince (Spy Girl, #1) by Jillian Dodd Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur Sulwe by Lupita Nyong'o Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon The Doctor by Lisa Stone Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker The Regulators by Richard Bachman The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Little French Bistro by Nina George You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Stir My Broken Brain and the Meals That Brought Me Home by Jessica Fechtor

message 9: by W.J. (last edited Jan 09, 2020 01:18PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 2020 READ WITH MR. BOOK
#readwithmrbook a Litsy Reading Challenge

JANUARY
🗸 #1wordtitle: Unsouled 🔖

FEBRUARY
🗸 #tearjerker: A child called it

MARCH
🗸 #authoronlitsy: Waiting Room

APRIL
🗸 #recbylibrarian #bookseller:

MAY
🗸 #debutnovel:

JUNE
🗸 #disability: Six of Crows

JULY
🗸 #narratedbyanimal:

AUGUST
🗸 #tohavepeopleleaveyoualone:

SEPTEMBER
🗸 #ontbrforever: Dry

OCTOBER
🗸 #pickedforcover: The Starless Sea

NOVEMBER
🗸 #litsyawardwinner:

DECEMBER
🗸 #newberyawardwinner:

message 10: by W.J. (last edited Jan 08, 2020 09:23AM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments Monthly Motif Reading Challenge 2020
#MonthlyMotifGXO

JANUARY 
🗸 Winter Wonderland:

Focusing on ‘wonderland’, read a book set in a truly wonderful place- somewhere you’ve always thought was beautiful, somewhere with a wonderfully rich culture, a snowy setting, or maybe even a magical realm. It’s your interpretation, so have fun with it.

FEBRUARY 
🗸 Seeing Red:

Read a book with the word ‘red’ in the title OR a book with a red-ish cover. Bonus if it has both.

MARCH
🗸 Sub-Genre Sound Off:

Choose a sub-genre of your favorite genre and read a book from it. Make sure you mention the sub genre you chose in your review. (Ex. Sub Genres of Fantasy could be Magical Realism, Fairytale Retellings, or Epic Fantasy to name just a few.)

APRIL
🗸 Classics or Currents:

Read a book published before the year you were born (classic-ish) OR a book published between April 2019 and April 2020 (current.)

MAY
🗸 Author Introduction:

Read a book written by an author who you’ve never read anything by. Bonus if its been on your TBR for more than a year.

JUNE
🗸 Name or Number:

Read a book in which a name OR a number is part of the title. Bonus if the title includes both a name and a number.

JULY
🗸 Around or Out of this World:

Read a book set in a country other than the one you live in OR written by an author who is from a country other than your own OR read a book that takes place in space or on another planet.

AUGUST
🗸 Creature Feature:
Read a book that includes a creature of some kind on the cover or in the story. Cat, dog, dragon, werewolf – mythical or real – find a book that features a creature.

SEPTEMBER 
🗸 When Text Just Isn’t Enough:

Read a book that includes more than just text. Maybe it’s a map, a family tree, illustrations, documents like emails or letters- something else that helps to paint the picture.

OCTOBER
🗸 Thrills and Chills:

Ghost stories, haunted houses, true crime, murder mysteries, a thriller keeping you on the edge of your seat- it’s up to you!

NOVEMBER
🗸 Dynamic Duos:

Read a book with a couple of characters that make the perfect pair whether in business or in love. (Ex. Sherlock & Holmes, Elizabeth & Darcy)

DECEMBER 
🗸 Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice:

Holiday or winter themed reads, love stories and romances, happy cries, comedies; round out your year with a truly feel good read.

message 11: by W.J. (last edited Jan 08, 2020 10:04AM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 2020 Book to Movie Reading Challenge
#Book2MovieRC #Gather2Read
http://www.gathertogetherread.com/

Main Level
Read only books being made into movies for release in 2020

The Enthusiast: read 1-3 books

🗸 1.
🗸 2.
🗸 3.

First One to the Theater: read 4+ books

🗸 4.
🗸 5.
🗸 6.
🗸 7.

Additional Levels

Not Ready to Let Go
Read at least one (1) book made into a movie or series in 2019:

🗸 8.

Living in the Past:
Read at least one (1) book made into a movie in previous years:

🗸 9.

The Movie Was Better (What!?)
Watch the movie(s) for the book(s) you read.

message 12: by W.J. (last edited Jan 09, 2020 01:17PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments 2020 DYSTOPIA READING CHALLENGE
hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com
#2020DystopiaReads

❤️This is a favorite of mine! I LOVE Dystopian!

CHALLENGE LEVELS

Recruit

Read and review 1-5 dystopian books to receive the Recruit badge.

🗸 1. UnSouled 🔖
🗸 2.
🗸 3.
🗸 4.
🗸 5.

Revolutionist
Read and review 11-15 dystopian books to receive the Revolutionist badge.

🗸 6.
🗸 7.
🗸 8.
🗸 9.
🗸 10.
🗸 11.
🗸 12.
🗸 13.
🗸 14.
🗸 15.

Leader
Read and review 16+ dystopian books to receive the Leader badge.

🗸 16.
🗸 17.

UnSouled (Unwind Dystology, #3) by Neal Shusterman

message 13: by W.J. (last edited Jan 08, 2020 02:42PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments LITSY MEMOIRS & MYSTERIES 2020
#mandmchallenge #memoirsmysteries

UPDATES
1/16

Read a book from the genres following the prompts below:

🗸 1. Twins:
🗸 2. History:
🗸 3. POC author: Binti
🗸 4. Home/house: Slade House
🗸 5. New series
🗸 6. Super natural
🗸 7. Chronic illness
❌8. Audio: Sulwe
🗸 9. Celebrity: On Gratitude
🗸 10. Classic:
🗸 11. Outdoors:
🗸 12. Far away:
🗸 13. Favorite author:
🗸 14. Bookish:
🗸 15. Scary:
🗸 16. Mash up :

message 14: by W.J. (last edited Jan 08, 2020 11:28AM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments LITSY BINGO 2020
#jennyis30

Read a book for each of the following prompts and win. Bingo!

🗸 1. Religion:
🗸 2. Hard boiled crime:
🗸 3. Drama:
🗸 4. Satire:
🗸 5. Victorian:
🗸 6. Feminism:
🗸 7. Historical mystery:
🗸 8. Cats:
🗸 9. Gothic:
🗸 10. Suspense:
🗸 11. Politics:
🗸 12. Fantasy:
🗸 13. Classics:
🗸 14. Detective:
🗸 15. Chronic illness:
🗸 16. LGBTQ romance:
❌ 17. Poetry: Milk and Honey
🗸 18. Regency (period of government by a region):
🗸 19. 18th century:
🗸 20. Family:
🗸 21. Biography:
🗸 22. Literary:
🗸 23. Thriller:
🗸 24. Autobiography:
🗸 25. Nordic (set en Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland):

message 15: by W.J. (last edited Jan 10, 2020 12:16PM) (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments Read the Alphabet Challenge 2020

#ReadTheAlphabet2020 #ReadTheAlphabetChallenge2020 #RTA2020 #RTAC2020

JANUARY: AB
FEBRUARY: CD
MARCH: EF 
APRIL: GH
MAY: IJ
JUNE: KL
JULY: MN
🔖AUGUST: OP On Gratitude: Sheryl Crow, Jeff Bridges, Alicia Keys, Daryl Hall, Ray Bradbury, Anna Kendrick, B.B. King, Elmore Leonard, Deepak Chopra, and 42 More Celebrities Share What They're Most Thankful For
SEPTEMBER: QR
OCTOBER: ST
NOVEMBER: UVW
DECEMBER: XYZ

On Gratitude Sheryl Crow, Jeff Bridges, Alicia Keys, Daryl Hall, Ray Bradbury, Anna Kendrick, B.B. King, Elmore Leonard, Deepak Chopra, and 42 More Celebrities Share What They're Most Thankful For by Todd Aaron Jensen

message 16: by W.J. (new)

W.J. Cintron | 19 comments -