Adventure in writing discussion

quotes > Share your quotes here!

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I know this is random but if you are like me you have favorite quotes that you'd love to share....just me? Ok...here's one

"Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as being stuck somewhere you don't belong"

I have no idea who wrote it though XD

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I love it Shine!

message 3: by Madeline (new)

Madeline  (theorganizedscatterbrain) When I was younger I used to imagine myself as a book character and wish that I would actually be like one and basically I came up with this quote to encourage myself that I still remember to this day:

"Your life may very well be like a fairytale-- maybe you're just still living through the backstory so you can summarize it in the beginning" --Me

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith (victorianprincess) | 33 comments @Vivien Oh, how lovely...

message 5: by Faith (new)

Faith (victorianprincess) | 33 comments @Shine
Is it not so very true??

message 6: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Vivien Mavis wrote: "When I was younger I used to imagine myself as a book character and wish that I would actually be like one and basically I came up with this quote to encourage myself that I still remember to this ..."

YES Vivien I love this!!

Here is a beautiful quote from a childhood favorite of mine, Leepike Ridge by N.D. Wilson. It isn't deep or motivational, but I just find it so beautifully written:
“After a few mouthfuls of moon-flavored air, even the stubbornly drowsy can find themselves wide-eyed.. All the normal noises of life were gone, leaving behind the secretive sounds, the shy sounds, the whispers and conversations of moss disputing with grass over some soft piece of earth, or the hummingbird snoring.”

message 7: by Madeline (new)

Madeline  (theorganizedscatterbrain) So pretty!

message 8: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Yes, I thought it was such a poetic way of writing a novel! I really want to read some more books by N. D. Wilson!

message 9: by Faith (new)

Faith (victorianprincess) | 33 comments @Shine
Yes, I love that quote. It is so true.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2020 06:46PM) (new)

Something I made up out of NOWHERE. Literally ;]

"We can't expect life to stop for us, even though we all wish it could. We can't expect people to wait for us when we hide behind a sheet of glass, where they can see you, but not reach you. Once in a great while, you might have to take a chance and hop on board. Even that may be hard. But life is hard anyway, so we need each other."

message 11: by Faith (new)

Faith (victorianprincess) | 33 comments I didn't read the first part, buy read the quote, and thought for sure it was from a bestselling book. I really did!
Then I saw that you made it up, Shayna, and I was soooo PROUD of you!!!
I am blessed to call you "little sister" you are so wise!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Faith wrote: "I didn't read the first part, buy read the quote, and thought for sure it was from a bestselling book. I really did!
Then I saw that you made it up, Shayna, and I was soooo PROUD of you!!!
I am ble..."

You almost made me cry, Faith. You're so sweet. yeah, I made it up off the top of my head hehe

message 13: by Faith (new)

Faith (victorianprincess) | 33 comments hehe! you are sweet too❤

message 14: by Faith (new)

Faith (victorianprincess) | 33 comments I just took a screenshot of it so I can look at it when I need inspiration.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess you accomplish something every day, and this is my accomplishment ;]

message 16: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Shayna-Friendly-Amen-Hehe wrote: "Something I made up out of NOWHERE. Literally ;]

"We can't expect life to stop for us, even though we all wish it could. We can't expect people to wait for us when we hide behind a sheet of glass..."

SHAYNA oh my goodness! This is so wise......I love the depth of thought you put in this quote!! Even though you say you made it up out of nowhere, there is SO MUCH wisdom packed into those few sentences!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Penny wrote: "Shayna-Friendly-Amen-Hehe wrote: "Something I made up out of NOWHERE. Literally ;]

"We can't expect life to stop for us, even though we all wish it could. We can't expect people to wait for us wh..."

PENNY! Thank you so much! Ahh everyone is so nice its literally crazy. Thank you again.

message 18: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
It really is a beautiful quote!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Penny wrote: "It really is a beautiful quote!"

Thanks penny. Btw I sent you a message XD

message 20: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
YES I saw! Sorry, I'll reply now! XD

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

No need to feel sorry;] I do it all the time......not intentionally though! haha

message 22: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
I had like fifteen tabs open for all the new notifications that I was trying to reply to heheh!!😅

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, sounds like you're a bust girl!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Oops, I meant "busy"

message 25: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Hahaha! I'm probably not as busy as some people. but I'm incredibly scatter-brained, so I seem like I have more going on then I really do😂

dagger [bing bong] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Penny wrote: "Hahaha! I'm probably not as busy as some people. but I'm incredibly scatter-brained, so I seem like I have more going on then I really do😂"

I feel ya. My friends always think that I'm super busy, but I'm not I just forget what I'm doing/trying to say.

message 27: by Penny, co-moderator;) (new)

Penny | 44 comments Mod
Potatos Unite wrote: "Penny wrote: "Hahaha! I'm probably not as busy as some people. but I'm incredibly scatter-brained, so I seem like I have more going on then I really do😂"

I feel ya. My friends always think that I'..."

Saammee:")

✨ f i o n a ✨ | 10 comments Here is a quote it is from a book called Empire of Bones by N.D. Wilson. I always freak out at this quote bc it is just sooo awesome. Without any further ado, "' What can you do, dragon, to erase the life and laughter I've already lived and already laughed?' Cyrus asked. 'What can you do to frighten one as foolish as me?'....'Slowly, Rupert Greeves raised his head. His eyelids fluttered and the corner of his mouth twitched up. 'What,' He asked the world, 'can you do to erase my laughter?'" I hope y'all like it! And I love everyone's quotes!*gives everyone a high-five and a thumbs up*

✨ f i o n a ✨ | 10 comments Shayna--Amen2Rain wrote: "Something I made up out of NOWHERE. Literally ;]

"We can't expect life to stop for us, even though we all wish it could. We can't expect people to wait for us when we hide behind a sheet of glass..."

Oh my goodness.... This is beautiful and so true!

dagger [bing bong] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) "Don't give in. Never. Giving in, at this moment, at any moment, is the worst possible thing you could do."
~~Guia, Dragon's Eye

((Just so you know, Dragon's Eye is a book that I am currently writing. I just kinda took this quote from the rough draft. ✌))

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Fiona wrote: "Shayna--Amen2Rain wrote: "Something I made up out of NOWHERE. Literally ;]

"We can't expect life to stop for us, even though we all wish it could. We can't expect people to wait for us when we hi..."

Aww thank you, Fiona!

dagger [bing bong] (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh) Yet another thing that I borrowed from my rough draft! Talking cat wisdom for EVERYONE!!!

"Everything is more beautiful in the dark. But only because you can't see the flaws."
~Guia, Dragon's Eye

✨ f i o n a ✨ | 10 comments Shayna--Amen2Rain wrote: "Fiona wrote: "Shayna--Amen2Rain wrote: "Something I made up out of NOWHERE. Literally ;]

"We can't expect life to stop for us, even though we all wish it could. We can't expect people to wait for..."

*hugs Shayna* Your welcome!

message 34: by Michaela (new)

Michaela "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

I'm not sure who said that, but I think it was Ghandi.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Leepike Ridge (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

N.D. Wilson (other topics)