What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sky Village (Kaimira, #1)
This topic is about The Sky Village
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A Child /Preteen Fiction Book I read in 2014-2015, published in the early 2000s That had something to do with mecha fighting, sky cities and inherited magic. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Itely | 9 comments I read this book in 2015-2014, and am pretty sure it was published in the early 2000s. It was originally intended to be part of a series, but only this book ended up being published. I vaguely remember the name of the series being something like the Kaumera Code or Kimera Code, but after many a google search and no results, I have ended up here. I pretty sure the book switched POV between a young girl who lived in a sky city (possibly hot air balloons?) and also had lost either her just her mother or both her parents, and a boy who fought with mechas (???). They both had some sort of power, and I'm pretty sure the girl's was something to do with birds? A main plot point was them trying to figure out the origin of their powers, or something of the sort. I remember in the ending the girl saves a bunch of birds, the two protagonists see each other, and then it ends.

Itely | 9 comments Oh also I'm pretty sure it had a tree on the cover, which had something to do with a journal the girl had.

Itely | 9 comments Oh yes, that's the book! Thank you!!