Advanced Copies for Review & Book Giveaways discussion

New - Looking for books to review

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Hello guys.

I am super new to this. I really do not know the ropes yet but would love tk learn. I am a huuuuge bookworm and would like the chance to start bridgining out, reviewing books and ARCs.

I love all kinds of books but my favourites are:
YA
Romance
Fantasy
Thriller
Murder Mystery
Contemporary

Please let me know if antone had any help for me or any books to review!

message 2: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Alexander | 6 comments Hi Stephanie,

If you like Fantasy and you are interested to find new reads, please try PHOENIX:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...

It is a blend of Fantasy and Sci Fi , a first contact story with a couple of strong heroines on either side of the encounter.

The book is free on Kindle Unlimited, else let me know and I can send you the ARC.

message 3: by Bailey (new)

Bailey B. (baileybauthor) | 4 comments Hi Stephanie!

I have a clean(ish) contemporary Y/A romance you might be interested.

Here's the blurb:
Piper

Most people don’t think about the day they’ll die. They coast through life, blissfully unaware of how their time is ticking away. I wasn’t like most people. I welcomed death, wanted her to take me away from the prison I called life, but she refused. I tried twice only to survive. And then, when I thought I had nothing left it came.

A reason to live.

Rex was a small, unexpected ray of light my world of darkness that blossomed into a beam of sunshine. I thought, maybe this was why Death didn’t take me. Maybe she knew that if I held on a little longer things would turn around. But the third time Death came to my door wasn’t by choice. Someone else brought her, and I fear this time she might take me.

Rex

Being the son of a country star sucks. My parents are never around, I move every year or so, and I have no real friends. Everyone around me has an agenda. Everyone except Piper Lovelace. I can’t get that girl to notice me. Trust me I’ve tried.
Thankfully, fate stepped in and gave me the break I needed. I’ve got her attention, now I need her to give me a chance.

It's free on KindleUnlimited or I can send you the arc. Let m e know what you need!
xoxo
Bailey

message 4: by Ryder Author Resources (last edited Jan 08, 2020 07:42AM) (new)

Ryder Author Resources (ryderswriters) | 34 comments Hey, Stephanie! Bless you for volunteering, my dear. Sometimes it feels like more people are writing books than reading them these days. ;)

I can offer you several books:

A teen (MG/YA) book about family, love, climate change, and how each of us can change the world
Tying the Leaves by June Toher ;

An adult mystery/forensic procedural novel set in Atlanta, starring a pair of unwilling and unlikely friends
The Devil's Bidding by P.L. Doss ;

A comedic crime novel with a bad-ass female lead
One Fine Mess by Mark Petersen ;

A diverse crime/mystery novel set in New York City, featuring an all-female bike gang
Loud Pipes Save Lives by Jennifer Giacalone ;

A memoir about caregiver PTSD and recovering from grief
13 months Diary of a Caregiver's Grief by Jaye Tee .

I can provide epub or mobi for all of these except the last two, which I only have mobi for. If any of those sound interesting, email me at jane@ryderswriters.com and I'll be delighted to send them to you!

message 5: by Dave (last edited Jan 08, 2020 01:42PM) (new)

Dave Williams | 98 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hello guys.

Sineria The Great Kingdom by Dave J. Williams

I am super new to this. I really do not know the ropes yet but would love tk learn. I am a huuuuge bookworm and would like the chance to start bridgining out, reviewing books and ARCs...."

Hey Stephanie, I am actually the author of a Medieval fantasy called Sineria: The Great Kingdom. It is about a young, poverty-stricken boy named Hayden who goes on a risky journey to find riches for his family. While he battles against the dragons, monsters, natural disasters, and other threats residing outside of his kingdom, Sineria is soon attacked by a mad wizard who seeks to make the kingdom his own. However, not only is Hayden one of the few who has enough courage to face the wizard, but with him, a powerful sword that can aid in defeating the mad magic-maker. If only the sword keeps Hayden alive in the wilderness.

I've been seeking to bring more readers to my book, so this is a good opportunity for me! Thank you.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Homard (rachelhomard) | 3 comments Hi! I’m new to this too! I would love for you to review my book, and it sounds like it is right up your alley. IT’s called THE GREEN TRIANGLE. Let me know if it interests you!

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Bannister (mommybannister) | 124 comments I am interested in reviewing the books. All of these. What format do you have

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (officialangelalee) | 9 comments Hi Stephanie,

If you are still looking for a book to review, I would love for you to read my historical romance, Love Story on Canal. It's free on KU or I can send you a pdf.

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Story-Can...

message 9: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Brown | 8 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hello guys.

I am super new to this. I really do not know the ropes yet but would love tk learn. I am a huuuuge bookworm and would like the chance to start bridgining out, reviewing books and ARCs...."

I have a YA Paranormal Romance?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 10: by Gail (new)

Gail Olmsted | 19 comments What genres do you enjoy? I write contemporary fiction. Let me know if you are interested.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 11: by Mill (new)

Mill Woods | 23 comments If any interest, I would love a review on my book "Two Lives, One Adventure". It's a romantic adventure story about love, freedom and plausible mysterious magic.

Two Lives, One Adventure by Mill Woods

Feel free to ask for a copy (ePub, Mobi or pdf) here or at millwoods@zmiley.com.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Lopez | 77 comments Hi Stephanie,

My Read and Review program currently has some Fantasy books available for review. Authors in this program have agreed to provide free digital copies in exchange for an honest review. Sign up here: https://sandrasbookclub.blogspot.com/...

message 13: by Kiran (new)

Kiran Bhat (originalsin_0421) Hello Stephanie!

Nice to meet you. I am Kiran Bhat. I am an Indian-American polyglot, traveler, and writer. I have traveled to over 130 countries, lived in 18 different places, and speak 12 languages. I try to use my lifestyle and perspective as a means to create globalised works of literature. I'm in the middle of a book tour, but have realized that I have done very little work to get reviews of my work onto the Internet; I am trying to fix this now. Would any of you guys be interested in reviewing my novel, we of the forsaken world...?

In a distant corner of the globe, a man journeys to the birthplace of his mother, a tourist town destroyed by an industrial spill. In a nameless remote tribe, the chief’s second son is born, creating a scramble for succession as their jungles are being destroyed by loggers. In one of the world’s sprawling metropolises, a homeless one-armed woman sets out to take revenge upon the men who trafficked her. And, in a small village of shanty shacks connected only by a mud-and- concrete road, a milkmaid watches the girls she calls friends destroy her reputation.

we of the forsaken world…, published by Iguana Books on January 22nd, 2020, is structured as a linguistic chain comprising the accounts of 16 people, connected along subtle lines, who indirectly witness these four narratively and geographically diverse central storylines. The story flows and recombines like digital connectivity, throwing into question pre-21st century assumptions about narrative logic and, I hope, embodying the way in which modern communication unites this planet every second, everywhere.

If you are interested in reading it, you can get a copy on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/we-forsaken-wo...), or I will happily send you a review copy if you pm me. Just let me know what works for you.

Best wishes,

Kiran

message 14: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Joynt-Lang (gloriajoynt-lang) | 3 comments Hi Stephanie,
I have a contemporary romance novel set in a fictional coastal town in Oregon. Braking Hard features a mechanic with ADHD who tries to navigate life after the sudden death of his mentor.

Below is the official blurb.
Gage O'Neill is an all-around nice guy and an Adonis in coveralls. With a thriving automotive business, a gorgeous girlfriend, and his ADHD under control, life is pretty incredible. But when he loses a loved one, Gage's perfect world unravels. Prone to bad choices, he's desperate to quell his rash behavior. Thankfully, hiring a curvy mechanic is the one impulsive decision he's gotten right.
Eden Sampario is destitute as a result of a confrontation turned violent with her former employer. When Gage mistakenly offers her a job, she readily accepts. But soon she wonders if she made the right decision. Resisting her sexy boss proves more challenging than an engine rebuild. Her only other option? Give in to temptation and risk not only her career but also her heart.

If interested I can send you a digital copy (mobi, epub, or pdf format).

Gloria Joynt-Lang
www.gloriajoynt-lang.com

message 15: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Terrill | 14 comments Jacqueline Terrill THE HUNT by Jacqueline Terrill

I have a mystery thriller called The Hunt i'm seeking reviews for. I can offer you a copy via e-pub, mobi, or PDF for a review. You can contact me at my email address jacqueline_terrill@yahoo.com

I look forward to hearing from you! :)

Sincerely,

Jacqueline Terrill

message 16: by Infantina (new)

Infantina  (tinas_outlook) Hi, if you would like to review The Griffin's gauntlet by Wesley Lowe which falls under the genre fantasy, do let me. Print copies are available for United States. I can request the author to send for Canada. PDF is available too. It is a pretty quick read. Check my review of this novel. There's a giveaway for US residents.

message 17: by Liane (new)

Liane Carmen (liane_carmen) | 6 comments Hi! If you are interested in Domestic Suspense, I have 11 ARCs left. You can read details and download here: https://booksprout.co/arc/32323/where...

The book is due to release on May 15th.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Stephens (elizabethstephensauthor) | 14 comments Hi Stephanie ,

I currently have ARCs available for my upcoming SciFi romance release – Taken to Voraxia: A SciFi Romance – until April 8, 2020.

Taken to Voraxia is a standalone, action-packed romance following Miari as she tries to escape a deadly hunt waged against a human colony, crash-landed on an unknown planet, by their alien overlords. When the king of them sets her in his sights and tries to claim her as his fated mate, fights, fleeing, and eventually, steamy romance ensues.

Books II and III feature characters from the same universe, but all books can be read as standalones with guaranteed happily ever afters.

Let me know if you'd be interested in reviewing this advanced copy on Amazon and/or here on Goodreads. The best way to reach me is by email at estephensauthor@gmail.com with your preferred format.

Happy reading in these weird times,
Elizabeth

Taken to Voraxia on Amazon: https://amzn.to/38LGtea

message 19: by Ed (last edited Mar 24, 2020 04:49PM) (new)

Ed Mitchell | 7 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hi Stephanie ,

I currently have ARCs available for my upcoming SciFi romance release – Taken to Voraxia: A SciFi Romance – until April 8, 2020.

Taken to Voraxia is a standalone, a..."

Stephanie,
You like thrillers which makes you special! I write thrillers. Have for a long time but took a sabbatical when my wife got sick. I'm back and would like you to review my latest release: Black Camel.

Why? It covers 3 of the genre's you like.
Thriller, Murder Mystery, and contemporary. Yes, all in one book.
And for more pleasure per hour of reading, Black Camel also has a love story woven thru it.

Here's the synopsis so you can get a better feel for if you want to review Black Camel.

After numerous terrorist cells in America are captured, Al-Qaeda’s leadership resorts to hiring an always-successful political assassin, the Black Camel. The mission: force America to pull out of the Middle East and Africa. As wide-scale attacks spread chaos across the USA, the FBI is compelled to employ an unconventional counterterrorism team. Can a street-smart FBI Special Agent and a jaded Israeli Mossad Field Officer stop the Black Camel? Or will the terrorist send them to their deaths and coerce America to surrender to Al-Qaeda’s demands?

To make your choice to review or not-to-review, easier. Please read the first few pages of the story at this link:
( https://booksbyedmitchell.com/read-ch... )

Assuming you decide to review Black Camel, just email me at ed@booksbyedmitchell.com. I'll reply with a pdf ebook.

Ed Mitchell
Award-winning thriller author

message 20: by B. (new)

B. Kroon | 8 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hello guys.

Stephanie wrote: "Hello guys.

Hi Stephanie:

I have a new suspense thriller (Trap Play) with a terrific villain and two heroes who take her (yes, her) on. Set in Seattle, Minneapolis and Scottsdale, the story involves corruption in a mega sports company, martial arts, a look at the consequences of football injuries, and the struggle between high-achieving parents and their adult children. I'd love for you to take a look. Happy to provide a free e-book upon your request.

message 21: by I.M. (new)

I.M. Redwright | 13 comments Nicole wrote: "I am interested in reviewing the books. All of these. What format do you have"

HI there Nicole, maybe you'd like to review my YA fantasy book The Sapphire Eruption? I have pdf or mobi

message 22: by Cortez (new)

Cortez Law III | 53 comments Hey, Goodreaders:

Stop by the following links and see what Book Funnel and Prolific Works has to offer in some current and future Crime Group Giveaways for your TBR Lists. (I heard that groan! Hang in there, you'll make it through)

1-Quarantine Killer Thriller Pack!
April 1-April 11
https://claims.prolificworks.com/gg/g...

2-Notorious Criminals:
A Giveaway for Mystery & Suspense Readers
April 1-April 30
https://books.bookfunnel.com/crimegiv...

3-April Mystery & Thriller Giveaway
April 1-April 30
https://books.bookfunnel.com/april_my...

4-Spring Thriller Selection
April 2-April 15
https://books.bookfunnel.com/springth...

5-April Biggest Ever Action & Adventure Free Giveaway
April 14-April 30
https://claims.prolificworks.com/gg/j...

message 23: by Giselle (new)

Giselle Chan | 4 comments Hi Stephanie,

I just published my book a month ago. My book is called Not yours, Truly and it fits under the genre of Women's contemporary fiction.
Not yours, Truly is a collection of ten short stories that centre around ten different women; it explores each woman's decisions in her combat against the demons in her life. Some women emerge triumphant, while some don't. It is up to the reader's interpretation of whether she is triumphant or not.

I can send you the ePub files if you're interested! Just let me know if you're interested.

Best,

Giselle

message 24: by Pandora (new)

Pandora Snow (pandorasnow) | 6 comments Hi Stephanie,
I'm a newbie so I hope I do this right. I have a new novella release in the romantic suspense category and would really appreciate a review.

Claiming Elizabeth
"Have you ever had more month at the end of your money? Elizabeth makes a brash decision to accept an indecent proposal from a sexy dangerous billionaire. How far will he go to protect her from becoming collateral damage?"

https://www.amazon.com/Claiming-Eliza...

Thank you so much, I look forward to your feedback. Be well.

message 25: by John (new)

John William (johnwilliamauthor) | 21 comments Hi Stephanie! I'd love for you to review my fantasy duology "Daemon Rising." To date, the eBook has been downloaded by hundreds of readers, has received several high ratings and a wonderful 5-star editorial review, and is soon to be released as an audiobook narrated by exceptionally talented Adam Gold. If you have any questions, please let me know!

message 26: by Beena (new)

Beena Khan Hi Stephanie :)

I noticed you read and review books. I'm planning on launching my debut novel The Name of Red. It's a literary fiction novel with romance as a sub-plot. I was wondering if you would be like to part of my Advanced Readers Groups Launch team? I'm looking for reviews for Amazon, Goodreads and your blog if you have one.

I have a digital copy available. I'm planning on sending the ARC copy by April 28, and the book will be launched on Amazon mid-May 15-19. I will keep you updated on dates if interested :)

This is the group
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Blurb:
Two strangers on the same path.
Survivors. Companions.
They will be each other’s salvation.

On a rainy, winter night, a mysterious woman in a red dress seeking shelter comes inside the restaurant Kabir was busy working in —primarily the bar— and night after night, drink after drink, she comes back to the same spot. That is where he sees her for the first time.

Hundreds of patrons around her try to speak with her daily, but she dismisses them. It appears she wants to remain in a blissful peace alone with her booze and books. After seeing the mysterious woman reading a book, and because of his shy nature, Kabir gains entrance into her life by anonymously leaving books with notes for her.

The Name of Red is the story of two strangers, two different personalities who meet on a winter, rainy night who challenge each other. They have a connection which blossoms into a friendship due to their fondness of books. But they both have secrets that can bind them together or threaten their newfound relationship forever.

Please let me know :)
You can also reach out to me by email beenaxkhan@gmail.com

Thank you so much,
Beena

message 27: by Beena (new)

Beena Khan Hi :)

My name is Beena. 'm planning on launching my debut novel The Name of Red. It's a literary fiction novel with romance as a sub-plot. I'm looking for reviews for Amazon, Goodreads and your blog if you have one.

I have a digital finished copy available in PDF, mobi and epub.

This is the group
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

This is the book on goodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

This is the book on Amazon.
https://amzn.to/3d3SpdM

Blurb:
Two strangers on the same path.
Survivors. Companions.
They will be each other’s salvation.

On a rainy, winter night, a mysterious woman in a red dress seeking shelter comes inside the restaurant Kabir was busy working in —primarily the bar— and night after night, drink after drink, she comes back to the same spot. That is where he sees her for the first time.

Hundreds of patrons around her try to speak with her daily, but she dismisses them. It appears she wants to remain in a blissful peace alone with her booze and books. After seeing the mysterious woman reading a book, and because of his shy nature, Kabir gains entrance into her life by anonymously leaving books with notes for her.

The Name of Red is the story of two strangers, two different personalities who meet on a winter, rainy night who challenge each other. They have a connection which blossoms into a friendship due to their fondness of books. But they both have secrets that can bind them together or threaten their newfound relationship forever.

Please let me know :)

You can also reach out to me by email beenaxkhan@gmail.com

I'm hoping to establish a long-term professional relationship since I'll be releasing more titles in the future.

Thank you so much,

Beena

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan Bogush | 50 comments i would love to read it!

message 29: by Astralia (new)

Astralia Dik | 16 comments Hello. I'm a new self-published author and I want to present you my book Mystics
It's a mystical and psychological thriller. Also it's a dystopian describing pre-apocalypse.
I'd be glad if you wanted to review it. I have also ARC for this book.
Synopsis:
There is absolute darkness. The world will end soon. No one will survive. Everything will be absorbed by Abyss. Mary is the only one who can save the whole world but she doesn't know about her destiny. She tries to find her vocation among another's life and memory but she's destined to find herself only through her soul.
You can see my book through links. it's free.
B&N http://cutt.ly/hteFxNT
Apple http://cutt.ly/3tJcm8F
Kobo http://cutt.ly/TteFl
Smashwords https://cutt.ly/UtduZ3n
Book trailer for Mystics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFzq...

message 30: by C. (new)

C. H. | 2 comments Hi, Stephanie!

If you're still reviewing books, I'd love a second opinion on my novella, "Attorney at War." It's an action-thriller/comedy coming out this Monday on May 11th.

Jack Cadaver is a part-time lawyer with a full-time hunger for justice. While his superiors wish he could act like less like a loose cannon, Cadaver sees no need to change. His superhuman strength and 28" biceps can pummel through any obstacle in his way. He doesn't need guns or knives--his fists are so powerful he can punch bullets right back at whoever's shooting at him!

This top agent has lots of muscle, all right--just not the kind that grows between your ears. But when citizens across America become mind-controlled by an arrogant villain who laughs in the shadows, it's up to Jack Cadaver and his army of one to out-punch the world's deadliest threat!

If you're interested, email me at calvinh3314@gmail.com

:)

message 31: by B.C. (new)

B.C. Morin (bcmorin) | 5 comments Hi Stephanie!

Thank you for your interest in reviewing books! I am about to release the second book in a series and am looking for reviews for the first book, and of course, if the readers like it, the second book as well!

The first book is a paranormal romance, taking place in steampunk Victorian London. The second book takes place in the present.
(Should you also be interested in adult contemporary and YA paranormal, I have published books in those genres as well.)

The Abiding

Opening the door to her farmhouse after hunting for dinner, Emeline Huntley finds the one thing she never expected in their quiet countryside- her entire family murdered.

In Victorian London, plans have been put into motion to create the ultimate weapons. William Rathbone and his group of scientists have managed to isolate the strengths of three creatures that have lived under society’s nose for centuries. Armed with his new tonic, Rathbone heeds to a prophesy that a certain group of children born, will be able to transform into this new breed of humans.

Controlled by clockwork collars with hidden blades sharp enough to cut through bone, The Abiding must follow their new master and his vindictive desires, or pay with their own lives.

While one other prisoner seeks to only protect her, another will stop at nothing to prove to Emeline that she must join him, if they are ever to leave the grasp of their creator. Now Emeline must decide whether she can see through her master's plan of revenge, in the hopes he will someday free her, Nathaniel and the others or join Alexander and rid herself of the very man who killed her family and turned her into a monster.

Amazon - http://bit.ly/TheAbidingAmazon
Goodreads - http://bit.ly/THEABIDING
Barnes&Noble - http://bit.ly/TheAbidingBN
Smashwords - http://bit.ly/TheAbidingSmashwords
iBooks - http://bit.ly/TheAbidingiBooks

message 32: by Parul (new)

Parul Bhatia (ruls) | 23 comments My book "My Foreign Master's Degree " is an innocent sharing of my life transforming experience of studying in Australia that changed my life. The book also talks about magical experience of meeting God in Melbourne. Book available for free from 1 to 5 June 2020. Pls be kind to provide your valuable reviews.

https://read.amazon.in/kp/embed?asin=...

My Foreign Master’s Degree- When Dreams Encounter Realism, Miracles Happen (Book by Parul Bhatia)

message 33: by Hayleigh (new)

Hayleigh Sol (hayleighsolwrites) | 30 comments Hi Stephanie! I'm Hayleigh and I've recently published a new novel in the romantic fiction genre, Book Review. It’s available on Kindle Unlimited but I would also be happy to send a free copy in pdf, epub or mobi formats in exchange for an honest review on Goodreads and Amazon (and anywhere else you might post). Thanks!

The link here: Book Review
On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...
Cover: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/5...

**Link to Review on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/review/create-...

Synopsis:
Dr. Sophie Grimaldi, successful and happy in her career, if not in love, is contentedly single and plans to remain that way. Books have always been her escape and the only place she still allows herself to believe men are decent and true love exists.
Author Jax Rowland is writing the first book of his next spy thriller series, struggling to forge a deeper connection between his protagonist and not-another-Bond-girl to appease the disenchanted female portion of his audience.
When Sophie finds a sheet of Jax’s notes in a library book, she’s appalled by his attempt at writing a love scene and critiques it, never imagining the author will read her review. Ashamed to view his work through a mystery critic’s eyes, he recognizes her talent and hires her to edit the love scenes of his next novel. As they get to know each other through the work, discovering all they share in common, a desire for more than a working relationship, more than friendship grows. But, after a series of missed connections, it seems fate has other plans.
Will they continue to play it safe and single or will they risk another heartbreak for a chance at love?
Note: Book Review is a full-length standalone romance with some adult language. The end of this book is not a cliffhanger but, if you prefer a tidy conclusion, this may not be the book for you. Reader discretion is advised.

message 34: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Krantz (authorkaylakrantz) | 45 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hello guys.

If you like psychological thrillers, I am more than happy to offer an ARC for my upcoming book, What I Did.

If you're interested in reviewing it, I'll send you a free PDF, MOBI, or Epub copy, just shoot me an email at kaylakrantz77@yahoo.com

What I Did by Kayla Krantz

What I Did by Kayla Krantz

Genres: Psychological thriller, Women’s Fiction, Suspense

Summary:

A friend.
A dangerous situation.
A choice between life and death.
What would you do to survive?

On the surface, Jessica is your all-American woman—blonde, young, and pretty—but there’s something off in her subconscious, something that draws her to horror movies and true crime. Living with a mix of social anxiety and agoraphobia makes maneuvering the world outside of her mother’s apartment tough, but her job at the local grocery store is something she can manage.

That is, until she gets swept up in the crossfire of an active shooter. In order to survive, Jess must tap into the growing darkness inside of her and cross a line there’s no coming back from, committing her first murder. The experience teaches her one important lesson: murders are like potato chips. You can never have just one.

*Warning: Contains scenes of violence that might be triggering to some*

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

message 35: by Tony (new)

Tony G. (cityfeller) Greetings, Stephanie,

Please review my as-yet unpublished first novel, On the Steps of St. Dymphna. You'll find an advance review copy at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J...

Here is all the pertinent info:

Author: Tony G. Rocco
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Magic Realism
Length: 60,000+ words
Publication Date: September 14, 2020 on Amazon

Synopsis:
On the Steps of St. Dymphna tells a story of transformation. John, a normal cubicle slave with a bland and ordinary life, is transformed by an enlightenment experience. Or, did he just go crazy? He’s not really sure, but either way, he becomes a dramatically different person.

From bored support representative at GMC Megatronics, he transforms himself into Pastor John, a flamboyant free spirit spouting spiritual nostrums and intent on not only radically transforming his own life, but bringing joy and purpose to the lives of others.

To this end, he joins forces with a rag-tag group of homeless and starts The New Life Church of the Godhead of the Bed, so named for the locus of his awakening — an ordinary bed.

John and his following set their sights on St. Dymphna’s House of Hope, a local sanitarium run by the authoritarian Big Mama, where they attempt to help the needy and comfort the afflicted. They face numerous obstacles that threaten to derail their mission, but with the help of a local religious radio station and a large group of feisty supporters, they persevere and ultimately triumph. For a while.

Steps explores the emptiness of modern life and the desperate lengths necessary to live a life of purpose. It deals with themes of spirituality, alienation, faith and compassion. It is truly a tale for modern times.

Please take a look at my author website at https://tonygrocco.com.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best wishes,

Tony