Play Book Tag discussion

The Silent Patient
This topic is about The Silent Patient
January 2020: Thriller > The Silent Patient -

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments I saw somewhere that this was being touted as the perfect thriller, and I couldn't disagree more. I think I'm an outlier here as I did not like The Silent Patient at all. I have read LOTS of thrillers, and this one really disappointed. I should have heeded Amy's warning; if you work in a helping profession it is best to stay away from these kinds of books as you become too critical. I just couldn't suspend disbelief. I have worked in a psychiatric inpatient ward as a social worker, and the way it was portrayed in this novel is so far removed from reality that it is ridiculous. I saw the 'twist' coming from a mile away and found it ludicrous. All in all I thought it was a poorly put together novel that I would not recommend. The only reason it is getting a two instead of a one is that I read it in a day so it had that going for it. Can you tell I didn't like it?

David Putnam (davidputnam) | 279 comments Great review, I thought the same thing.

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2022 comments This was one of my least favorite books of 2019.

Booknblues | 5764 comments Susie, I believe I rated it a notch higher, but thought I was alone in not loving it.

message 5: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1482 comments hey how do you do that rating thing? Is that new?

message 6: by Nicole R (last edited Jan 08, 2020 12:44PM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments I do not see a rating for this book at all. What are you seeing?

I think that GR has some serious issues today. I am also not getting notifications of new posts.

message 7: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1482 comments Up at the top, Nicole, it says "rated by Susie, 2 stars"

Susie | 4488 comments I can’t see a rating, but I definitely added one. I’m on the app though. I agree that Goodreads has serious issues today.

message 9: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments No!! We normally agree, so sad to see you didn't like this.

Re:Star rating. I always use the desktop on GR, and it's always been there. If someone who comments has read and rated it, it shows up with their name in their post heading.

message 10: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7469 comments Nicole D. wrote: "Up at the top, Nicole, it says "rated by Susie, 2 stars""

Nicole D.-when you write your review if you fill in the box "This Topic Is About"-and type in the book you are reviewing, then tag that book. Then anyone who comments, who has rated the book, their rating will show up next to their name. Hope that helps

message 11: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7758 comments Ahhh, I see.

message 12: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1482 comments OK, I typically don't rate my book until after I've reviewed it here. I'll have to try that in reverse.