What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Driven (Driven, #1)
This topic is about Driven
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary Romance-rich guy (possibly famous)/miscommunication...can only remember particular scenes from the book. Possible Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan Allen | 8 comments I read a contemporary book years ago and all I can remember are particular scenes from it.

Hero is rich-possibly famous. He’s the playboy type.
I think he has separate house where he takes his hookups. He doesn’t bring them back to his home.

Can’t remember how or where he meets heroine. But she’s different than the others. There is trust issues between them.

Something happens and he goes out drinking maybe or maybe just hanging out with friends. He winds up back at the hook up house with an ex (who he says is just friends with him). He drinks some more. Next day, heroine shows up to talk to him and he opens the door wet from a shower with unbuttoned jeans on. The ex then appears from behind him wearing a white buttoned down shirt of his. Heroine is shocked. She leaves. He chases her down the driveway and a condom wrapper falls out of his pocket. They argue.

I also vaguely remember that heroine is told at some point that the house is the one he uses for hookups and gets upset when she realizes that he hasn’t taken her to his actual home yet.

It’s bugging me to death that I can’t think of the name of this book. Or the author. Please help.

Terri | 357 comments Driven (Driven, #1) by K. Bromberg It is absolutely, 100% this series as I have re-read it many, many times and still love it.

Megan Allen | 8 comments YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! I have literally been searching ALL DAY for this. Going to reread the entire series now.

Terri | 357 comments LOL. Happy reading!

message 5: by Reader in NJ (new)

Reader in NJ (readerinnj) | 41 comments What was his explanation for his “ex-friend now” being in his shirt and staying overnight? Was it believable?

Is there cheating in this series? I don’t want to commit to reading multiple books about one couple if they cheat. I can deal with drama, misunderstandings, etc. but not cheating.

Terri | 357 comments There is no cheating in the series, (though I will clarify that something small does happen) just OW drama. The story is completely believable, especially because the author actually leads up to the heroine finding out with what actually happened.

message 7: by Reader in NJ (new)

Reader in NJ (readerinnj) | 41 comments Terri wrote: "There is no cheating in the series, (though I will clarify that something small does happen) just OW drama. The story is completely believable, especially because the author actually leads up to th..."
Thanks! In the book the OP was looking for is the OW drama explained? Or do you need to read the next book to get the explanation? The OW, an ex, wearing the H’s shirt and nothing else.

Frankly, I am not a fan of having to wait to get explanations. In this case, the other books are already published. In some cases you have to wait months or even years.

Terri | 357 comments No it is actually explained before the heroine arrives, and then she finds them. I will say though that the OW causes drama through out all 3 books

message 9: by Reader in NJ (last edited Jan 13, 2020 05:39PM) (new)

Reader in NJ (readerinnj) | 41 comments Terri wrote: "No it is actually explained before the heroine arrives, and then she finds them. I will say though that the OW causes drama through out all 3 books"

Thanks Terri. The OW is supposed to be a friend of the H’s. Not nice of her causing drama for the h and H.

If it is explained before the h arrives, that means the reader knows what happened but the h does not.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Driven (other topics)