Bookish First Readers discussion

The Best Laid Plans
This topic is about The Best Laid Plans
Archives > The Best Laid Plans by Cameron Lund

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited May 05, 2020 01:11PM) (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 500 comments Mod
What was your First Impression from the First Look? Did you win a copy of this book? Discuss The Best Laid Plans here!

message 2: by Elyse (last edited Jan 10, 2020 05:47PM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments Ok so I did NOT get it from NG, thought I did but nope. And then I read the premise and the excerpt. Sounds like a bunch of trash, what is this?! About a girl trying to lose her virginity for the dumb reason that she's the last virgin in her friend group? I'm no prude but no thanks!! And that cringy title?! Best LAID Plans? Ick.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 500 comments Mod
Elyse wrote: "Ok so I did NOT get it from NG, thought I did but nope. And then I read the premise and the excerpt. Sounds like a bunch of trash, what is this?! About a girl trying to lose her virginity for the d..."

Haha the title sounds super corny to me as well. It kind of reminds me (loosely) of one of my favorite movies, Easy A, in which Emma Stone's character pretends to have sex with her gay friend so he'll stop getting bullied in high school. I never experienced any pressure to lose my virginity in high school, and honestly, the girls who did were pariahs. Everybody kept their sexual activity private, and that was fine by me. I graduated back in 2005 so maybe times have changed? I actually liked the sample I read, so I entered to win it, even though high school drama and rom-coms aren't really my thing. Doesn't look like I won, though. It's not something I'd buy.

message 4: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments Jennifer wrote: "Elyse wrote: "Ok so I did NOT get it from NG, thought I did but nope. And then I read the premise and the excerpt. Sounds like a bunch of trash, what is this?! About a girl trying to lose her virgi..."

I also graduated and 2005 and it was the same. Maybe we're just old now. lol

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 123 comments Your comments made me giggle—I graduated a few years before both of you and I couldn’t get through the sample—I felt like a dirty old lady reading it 😂

message 6: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 293 comments Michelle wrote: "Your comments made me giggle—I graduated a few years before both of you and I couldn’t get through the sample—I felt like a dirty old lady reading it 😂"

lol!