Bookish First Readers discussion

One Day You'll Burn (LAPD Detective Tully Jarsdel, #1)
This topic is about One Day You'll Burn
10 views
Archives > One Day You'll Burn by Joseph Schneider

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 03, 2020 09:04PM) (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 507 comments Mod
What was your First Impression from the First Look? Did you win a copy of this book? Discuss One Day You'll Burn here!


Michelle | 124 comments I'm reading it through NetGalley right now! I kind of like that the MC is kind of nerdy, rather than your typical grizzled veteran cop. Curious about everyone else's thoughts about the book!


message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 507 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "I'm reading it through NetGalley right now! I kind of like that the MC is kind of nerdy, rather than your typical grizzled veteran cop. Curious about everyone else's thoughts about the book!"

I received a copy from NetGalley, too! I haven't started reading it yet, though. I'll get back to you once I start!


message 4: by Joanna (last edited Jan 10, 2020 09:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joanna E.Lopez | 14 comments Hi. I kind of semi-new to this group. I joined Goodreads and bookishfirst back Sept or Nov of last year. (I think) I've just been reading everyone's posts. I just claimed the book ONE DAY YOU'll BURN by Joseph Schneider with my points on Wednesday at BOOKISHFIRST.COM. I can't wait to read it. I Lok forward to talking about it with you all. Lol.


message 5: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments I thought the cover was kind of deceiving and not representative of the contents. It doesn't LOOK like a mystery or thriller but once you read the premise or excerpt, it is. I like bookcovers that give you hints about what's inside.


Michelle | 124 comments Joanna wrote: "Hi. I kind of semi-new to this group. I joined Goodreads and bookishfirst back Sept or Nov of last year. (I think) I've just been reading everyone's posts. I just claimed the book ONE DAY YOU'll BU..."

I just joined in May. This is one of my favorite book groups :)


Michelle | 124 comments Elyse wrote: "I thought the cover was kind of deceiving and not representative of the contents. It doesn't LOOK like a mystery or thriller but once you read the premise or excerpt, it is. I like bookcovers that ..."

I was thinking about the cover too. It kind of reminds me of old videos of nuclear blasts? Weird, I know, but no, I don’t think it really matches the book either...


message 8: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments Michelle wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I thought the cover was kind of deceiving and not representative of the contents. It doesn't LOOK like a mystery or thriller but once you read the premise or excerpt, it is. I like bo..."

Yeah the coloring is kind of nuclear blasty!


message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 507 comments Mod
I grew up in Southern California. When I first saw the cover, I didn't like it (and marked it with a thumbs down on NetGalley!). But after writing my First Impression and reconsidering the cover, I think it actually represents the setting well. Looking at the cover makes me feel like I'm back in So Cal...the hazy smog over the city, the heat in the orange hues, the cool water in the blue, and the palm trees that are so numerous you'd think they were native flora.


Michelle | 124 comments Oh I can totally see that in the cover!! I finished the book for NetGalley finally and found the book to be so so. I’ll probably check out the next in the series, but I just didn’t get pulled into it like others in the genre (Tess Gerritsen for ex...I love Rizzoli and Isles!). And the MC was a bit...pretentious at times. But maybe the series will get better!


Joanna E.Lopez | 14 comments Jennifer wrote: "I grew up in Southern California. When I first saw the cover, I didn't like it (and marked it with a thumbs down on NetGalley!). But after writing my First Impression and reconsidering the cover, I..."

Yes. That is exactly what i saw. That is what attracted me first to the book. Lol. I just claimed it today. I am looking forward to reading it when I get it.


message 12: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments I received it from NG as well if anyone wants to buddy read.


message 13: by Joanna (last edited Jan 22, 2020 05:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joanna E.Lopez | 14 comments Oh, Im still waiting for mine. I hope i get it on Friday or Saturday. Lol. I would love to buddy read when i get it. Is anyone else joining in? :)


message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 507 comments Mod
Elyse wrote: "I received it from NG as well if anyone wants to buddy read."

Joanna wrote: "Oh, Im still waiting for mine. I hope i get it on Friday or Saturday. Lol. I would love to buddy read when i get it. Is anyone else joining in? :)"

I got a copy from NetGalley as well so I'd love to join in on a buddy read :)


Joanna E.Lopez | 14 comments Hi everyone. I just received the book"One Day You'll burn." In the mail today. I can't wait to tread it tonight. Lol. Does anyone want to be a book buddy or is everyone now paired up?lol. I hope I'm not too late. Let me know.

Bye. ;)


message 16: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments We haven't started reading it yet so perfect timing!


Joanna E.Lopez | 14 comments Oh great! I am so happy. When do we start? ;)


message 18: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments I don't know! lol. We haven't decided!


Joanna E.Lopez | 14 comments Lol. Well, let me know when you do. If you need anything from me let me know. Lol. ;)


message 20: by Elyse (new) - added it

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments Jennifer wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I received it from NG as well if anyone wants to buddy read."

Joanna wrote: "Oh, Im still waiting for mine. I hope i get it on Friday or Saturday. Lol. I would love to buddy read whe..."


Jennifer, are you still in on the buddy read?


back to top