Adventure in writing discussion

SHARE!! > LIFE STORIES

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 07, 2020 06:46PM) (new)

Please post your LIFE STORIES here! Hope you have a great day, but please remember the rules! The stories you post here AREN'T for the competitions the moderators will post. This will always be here!

Thanks,
Shayna

message 2: by Laura-Lee (new)

Laura-Lee Rahn (lauraleewashere) | 31 comments My First True Life Story

I was surfing around the internet trying to get some business done and feeling out of touch and a bit old and forlorn. Realizing that as I get older, I get slower and there is always someone demanding something of me that is more than likely too much for me to handle.

But I've learned that taking a moment to count the blessings God has given to me, especially when He didn't have to and to consider that I am not the only one with problems, always puts me in a better frame of mind.

As the business part of my day was ending, I decided to come to Goodreads to check out the groups I belong to and see what everyone is up to. I love to read stories from other people and I've been fortunate to have found a handful of groups made up mostly of young people with oodles of talent. And they all love the Lord and are taking their faith seriously but still willing to find joy and happiness in whatever they do.

Then lo and behold, next to my Group menu I saw the word "invitation" written in an orangey-red color. Yes. I had been invited to a new group. I had been remembered. I had been valued enough that people wanted me around. And it doesn't matter how young or old you are, everyone needs to feel they belong. To feel they matter.

So I rushed over and joined the group right away, because it's not just any old group. It's special because it consists of people who want to know about your life. They welcome you and they want to honor God by developing their talents because they realize their abilities were given by God for His glory, their enjoyment and to make others happy.

And this story I know will end happily ever after because the members of this group will now think of others they know who would feel great to be welcomed here and will rush to invite them.

The End (but not really)
By Laura-Lee Rahn

message 3: by Madeline (new)

Madeline  (theorganizedscatterbrain) Beautiful, Laura-Lee! This is true, I invited all of my friends!!