Play Book Tag discussion

Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die:  Musings from the Road
Archive: Other Books > Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die by Willie Nelson 1 star

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cheryl Coppens | 360 comments I love reading biographies and memoirs so when I saw this was available through my library and fit the tag country music I got it. I honestly didn't expect to love the book, but I was expecting it to be ok. This had to be one of the worst books I've ever read. It was like the ramblings of some drunk just talking to hear his own voice. The writing was poor and jumped from subject to subject often making no sense. Throw in offensive, inappropriate jokes that had nothing to do with the subject being discussed and the book went from bad to worse.
The only good things I have to say about this book are 1) it was short 2) I'm done reading it 3) it counts for points for Tennessee!

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7895 comments LoL Cheryl-well with the title , I would have to guess the ramblings did not from drinking....Kudos to you for sticking with it!

message 3: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2505 comments Oh no, this sounds so awful! But I love your silver linings list :)

message 4: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6218 comments I enjoy Willie Nelson and have seen him in concert a number of times, so I'm sorry to hear this is such a poor quality book.

Karin | 7208 comments It sounds like the title was the best part of the book!

message 6: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1532 comments I'm sorry Cheryl. Thanks for taking one for the team! Hopefully your next book will be much better.

Cheryl Coppens | 360 comments LOL ! The next book has to be better! Booknblues Willie may be a great song writer, but he totally missed the mark with this book. Reading through some of the reviews after I see he got some good reviews. I'm not sure this can be the same book LOL!

message 8: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2219 comments Oh gosh. This is the one I was going to read as well. I am rethinking that choice!

message 9: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7895 comments Karin wrote: "It sounds like the title was the best part of the book!"

😂

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1208 comments There’s a song by that title, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBOp...

message 11: by NancyJ (last edited Jan 08, 2020 02:26PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5584 comments Thanks for warning us. Based on the title, I would guess that he was high while writing the book, and it didn't improve his writing ability.

message 12: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7895 comments NancyJ wrote: "Thanks for warning us. Based on the title, I would guess that he was high while writing the book, and it didn't improve his writing ability."

😂