Sweetwater Public Library discussion

Book Discussions > Reading Challenges

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kamiryn (new)

Kamiryn (bunnyblossoms) I don't know about you, but I love to challenge myself and read books I normally wouldn't pick up off the shelf at first glance. This is the place for you to suggest to the group a specific reading challenge, and to talk about them! Also be sure to check out the group's official challenge.

My challenge for the group is to have everyone try out an audiobook (TN READS has a lot!) in their downtime. I tend to listen to them on my commute to work, but you can listen just about anywhere! I'm currently listening to The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Let us know what your challenge is (and maybe recommend a good book to go with it!)

message 2: by Simone (new)

Simone Taylor | 2 comments I read historical fiction periodically to "broaden my horizons," even though it is not my favorite genre.

message 3: by Kamiryn (new)

Kamiryn (bunnyblossoms) Simone wrote: "I read historical fiction periodically to "broaden my horizons," even though it is not my favorite genre."

I feel that! Sometimes I'll try a book outside the genre I usually read, but it's really hit or miss for me, especially if it's something I go into with a mindset that I won't like it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Raven Boys (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maggie Stiefvater (other topics)