What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult fiction. Mystery. Woman tries to figure out what happened to SO (significant other)'s deceased SO. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cymber (new)

Cymber Hubbard | 2 comments I don't have much, but I do remember some general plot information. Woman falls in love with man who already has a daughter and his SO (wife or girlfriend, but I'm thinking wife) has died. She tries to form a family and relationship with them, and everything is going good (like PERFECTLY because he's the perfect guy) but man's daughter is acting strange and basically hinting at him being the killer. Woman ends up pregnant. What stands out to me is the ending. Woman finds out the man is the killer, runs away with his daughter and is severely pregnant. He finds her and ties her up and she starts bleeding due to issues of the pregnancy. He calls out to his daughter and is basically being uber creapy at the end. That's about all I have so if you can help me find the book, I'd greatly appreciate it!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Mar 11, 2020 09:08AM) (new)

Kris | 33236 comments Mod
Cymber, what are the adults' jobs? How old is the daughter? Do the heroine and the daughter get along?

Near the beginning of the book, how does it appear that his significant other died?

How did the couple meet?

Is this a detective/private investigator series?

What is the story's time period and location (country/region/well-known city/small town)?

message 3: by Cymber (new)

Cymber Hubbard | 2 comments Kris,

I'm not sure of the other information. It has been a while since I've read the book.

It's not a detective or private investigator series. It takes place in the US, and I'm pretty sure it's a small town. I can't remember how young or old the daughter was, but I do know that she didn't talk much until closer to the end. Anywhere from 8-teenage I would say.

I vaguely remember a fairgrounds/carousel at the end too? And a thunderstorm while main character was tied up.