Sweetwater Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Getting Started > Cool Resources at Sweetwater Public Library

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kamiryn (last edited Jan 07, 2020 10:52AM) (new)

Kamiryn While you're here, I want to let you know about some of the cool resources Sweetwater Public Library has to offer our patrons!

Our Library brochure - click to view!
- Regular programming for kids, teens, and adults
- FREE access to resources with your library card, including access to the Tennessee Electronic Library and in-house access to the genealogy database Ancestry
- Services, pricing, and signing up for a library card
- Little Free Libraries Project
- & more!

One of the things I really want to stress in the brochure is that, with your library card, you have FREE access to eBooks and audiobooks, provided by the state of Tennessee through the Tennessee Regional EBook and Audiobook Download System (TN READS) .

With your Sweetwater library card (or any participating Tennessee library card), you can check out up to 15 eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, or streaming videos for up to 3 weeks at a time, with no overdue penalties. You can view more information about how to sign up for this program at our website, or call us at the information listed below.

One caveat to this system: newer items do tend to accumulate long waitlists, but if you reserve a hold, titles will automatically check out to you when you reach the top of the waitlist.

TN READS has also recently launched their Lucky Day! program, in which new or popular titles become available with no holds - however, these titles can only be checked out for 1 week maximum (great for speedy readers, though!)

For any questions about the services our library can offer you, please visit our website, our Facebook page, call the library at (423) 337-5274, or drop a reply in the questions discussion thread and I'll answer you as soon as I can!

message 2: by Kamiryn (new)

Kamiryn Hey everyone! I know it's been a bit, but with everything going on in the world right now, I wanted to point you to some more resources available while you're practicing safe social distancing!

We at the library have made a list of free activities, educational materials, and information to those who are self-quarantining. It includes access to TumbleBooks, virtual museum tours, and even FREE access to Tennessee READS WITHOUT a library card!!

Check it out here: https://bit.ly/SPLe-resources

Stay safe, and happy reading!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.