Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

Mists of the Serengeti
This topic is about Mists of the Serengeti
2020 Challenges & Buddy Reads > Mists of the Serengeti BR ~ Starting 1/7/20 *Spoilers!*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Let's do this thing!

Michele | 2128 comments I like Renee's take charge attitude!!

message 3: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments ❤️️❤️️Jack (swoooon)❤️️❤️️

Michele | 2128 comments Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "❤️️❤️️Jack (swoooon)❤️️❤️️"

Yes!!!

diann bryan | 178 comments Jack❤️

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I just turned on the audio while I was cleaning the kitchen and I already feel like I've had an emotional enema.

Michele | 2128 comments Robin wrote: "I just turned on the audio while I was cleaning the kitchen and I already feel like I've had an emotional enema."

Sounds about right!

Michele | 2128 comments Robin, do you like the audio so far? Good narrators?

Leslie | 2430 comments Alrighty!! I think I will start tonight. Everyone join in when you can.

Michele | 2128 comments I'm reading some over my lunch....gah, I forgot how much I love Jack!!!

(view spoiler)

message 11: by JudyCa (last edited Jan 07, 2020 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JudyCa | 1707 comments Robin wrote: "I just turned on the audio while I was cleaning the kitchen and I already feel like I've had an emotional enema."

Oh dear...

I just started TGOTL but I'll put that on hold and join in here ;) working today but will get a start soon!

Michele | 2128 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "Robin wrote: "I just turned on the audio while I was cleaning the kitchen and I already feel like I've had an emotional enema."

Oh dear...

I just started TGOTL but I'll put that on hold and join ..."

Yay Judy!

JudyCa | 1707 comments Michele wrote: "Judy.Ca wrote: "Robin wrote: "I just turned on the audio while I was cleaning the kitchen and I already feel like I've had an emotional enema."

Oh dear...

I just started TGOTL but I'll put that o..."

am I going to need a box of tissue?

also, Release was good, 4* :)

Michele | 2128 comments Yes, tissues...alcohol...chocolate...all the above! SUCH a good book though. I just finished the Prologue ...now back to work.

Michele | 2128 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "Michele wrote: "Judy.Ca wrote: "Robin wrote: "I just turned on the audio while I was cleaning the kitchen and I already feel like I've had an emotional enema."

Oh dear...

I just started TGOTL but..."

And I so want to read Release too....

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Michele wrote: "Yes, tissues...alcohol...chocolate...all the above! SUCH a good book though. I just finished the Prologue ...now back to work."

Ohhhh, that Prologue!!!!

JudyCa | 1707 comments Michele wrote: "Yes, tissues...alcohol...chocolate...all the above! SUCH a good book though. I just finished the Prologue ...now back to work."

shit...lol...the alcohol will have to wait until after work :-/ starting now...

JudyCa | 1707 comments Lisa wrote: "Michele wrote: "Yes, tissues...alcohol...chocolate...all the above! SUCH a good book though. I just finished the Prologue ...now back to work."

Ohhhh, that Prologue!!!!"

ditto...

Leslie | 2430 comments I'm gonna started now but not sure how far I will get....darn family will want to eat. Grrrrr

Mama wants to read!!!

Michele | 2128 comments I hate it when people need to it ...lol!

JudyCa | 1707 comments Leslie wrote: "I'm gonna started now but not sure how far I will get....darn family will want to eat. Grrrrr

Mama wants to read!!!"

lol...I'm going on my lunch break now so hopefully no one will bug me...I only got as far as the prologue...

Leslie | 2430 comments Ok, I read the prologue. I knew what to expect, so I am good. No freakouts here! However, I assumed the story was about (view spoiler)

Michele | 2128 comments Leslie wrote: "Ok, I read the prologue. I knew what to expect, so I am good. No freakouts here! However, I assumed the story was about [spoilers removed]"

You’re correct in your spoiler and trust me...you’ll be all in!

JudyCa | 1707 comments @ 19%...loving this so far...I'm totally captivated :)

Leslie | 2430 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "@ 19%...loving this so far...I'm totally captivated :)"

Judy, you are reading for first time too?? Yay

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments How are you people so calm??!! I couldn't even get through my dishes! 😭😭😭

diann bryan | 178 comments Robin! It’s fun to listen to it! It’s a whole different experience isn’t it?

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments diann bryan wrote: "Robin! It’s fun to listen to it! It’s a whole different experience isn’t it?"

It definitely adds something having already read it, but I'm really glad I read it the first time around. I don't think it would have gutted me nearly as much had I listened, and as we know, I'm a masochist!

JudyCa | 1707 comments Leslie wrote: "Judy.Ca wrote: "@ 19%...loving this so far...I'm totally captivated :)"

Judy, you are reading for first time too?? Yay"

Yes! I'm on pg. 78 - it's fun when you read the name of your home town in a book because you think 'wow, how/why did she pick that town out of the whole country?' lol...

Leslie | 2430 comments @12% - I was thinking "where the heck is this book going" then that weird driver guy mentioned Jack and I cant wait til they meet.

message 32: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen | 162 comments Robin wrote: "How are you people so calm??!! I couldn't even get through my dishes! 😭😭😭"

The audio is great!!! LOVE Jack!!!

Michele | 2128 comments Ok I think I may have to get the audio!

Leslie | 2430 comments @ 18% - (view spoiler)

message 35: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I looked to see if my library had the audio, but no. Bummer.

Michele | 2128 comments At 39% (view spoiler)

Michele | 2128 comments At 42% (view spoiler)

Michele | 2128 comments At 47% (view spoiler)

Leslie | 2430 comments @28% - its taking all my restraint NOT to peek at Michele's spoilers. I have to read faster but i have a busy day today. Anyway...not sure how I feel about book so far. It's not at all what I expected and I haven't figured if that is good or bad. The descriptions of Africa are beautiful but I don't have any "feels" yet. I'm hoping to fall in love with Jack soon. I did love the part when she saw her funky shadow and thought it was a ghost.

message 40: by Lisa (last edited Jan 08, 2020 05:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Michele wrote: "At 47% . The part with the storm and then the rainbow...when Jack says he’s been looking for Lily in the wrong places...that she’s hiding in the rainbows. And then...
“See you on the other side, ba..."

Your spoilers are killing me all over again! I am not a re-reader, but this makes me really want to jump in!

message 41: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Michele wrote: "At 42% [spoilers removed]"

Best quote of any book....ever!!!

message 42: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Didn't we like read this already???

JudyCa | 1707 comments Michele wrote: "At 47% . The part with the storm and then the rainbow...when Jack says he’s been looking for Lily in the wrong places...that she’s hiding in the rainbows. And then...

Michele wrote: "At 42% [spoilers removed]"

Michele wrote: "At 39% [spoilers removed]"

yes
yes
yes

I'm at 48%....I'm not sure where this is going, but I'm happy with it so far...(view spoiler) I think I would be a lot more emotional about this if I've had the opportunity to sit and read, other than bits and pieces when I can...now at work heading into a meeting :( but as you can tell I'm loving it :-]

Leslie | 2430 comments *sits on hands so I can't click spoilers*

message 45: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Leslie wrote: "*sits on hands so I can't click spoilers*"

*sits on Leslie so she can't click on spoilers*

JudyCa | 1707 comments Lisa wrote: "Leslie wrote: "*sits on hands so I can't click spoilers*"

*sits on Leslie so she can't click on spoilers*"

lol...

I'm not getting any update notifications :-/

message 47: by Nay (last edited Jan 08, 2020 03:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Me neither, Judy! I was just getting ready to post and ask where everyone was. The last one I got for this thread was 19 hours ago until Judy's just now.

And that post was an hour ago.

JudyCa | 1707 comments 55% (view spoiler)

message 49: by Nay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Michele wrote: "At 42% [spoilers removed]"

Michele--I was going to post that too!

That's my favorite quote ever!

Leslie | 2430 comments Michele wrote: "At 47% . The part with the storm and then the rainbow...when Jack says he’s been looking for Lily in the wrong places...that she’s hiding in the rainbows. And then...

That part got to me.

« previous 1 3

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Regretting You (other topics)
Release (other topics)