Mental Health Bookclub discussion

Author's Corner > Free book! Down Days - Real experiences of living with depression

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Craig (new)

Craig Hallam (craighallam) | 1 comments Hi everyone,

Thanks for having me in your group. My name's Craig and I'm an ex-nurse turned author who lives with depression and anxiety. I usually write fiction but I have just had my first non-fiction book published from Inspired Quill publishing. Down Days, a book about living with depression.

I've lived with depression my entire life (although at the time I didn't know it). In July 2016, I started to write a book that no one was supposed to read. It was supposed to be private, cathartic, therapy. I wanted to get down on paper what it felt like to live with depression and anxiety, to get my thoughts and feelings in order.

Over the next few months I toiled through my personal psychology with not much to guide me. I wrote about The Big Event, the nervous breakdown that lost me my career. I wrote about my dealings with doctors and counsellors and medications. I shared parts of me with that page I didn't even know were inside. Down Days was the end result.

I realised that I needed to hear a story like this at some point in my life, and I never did. I realised that someone else might need to read it right now. Releasing Down Days as a free ebook saw floods of supportive emails and comments but also lots of people who did, in fact, need to read it right now. Much to my surprise, it even helped a few people.
Due to finances, I had to let the blog lapse, and the ebook die. But it didn't, obviously. It has been a wild and anxiety-inducing ride but Down Days has gone from a book no one was supposed to read to sitting on shelves.

I'd like to offer you all a free pdf version to read in a thinly-veiled attempt to get tongues wagging :D If you'd like to read it, please feel free to drop your email to me at craighallam@live.com, or in the comments below if you're comfortable with that.

Thank you so much for your time, everyone!

Here's the book itself:
Down Days

message 2: by Lana (new)

Lana | 8 comments gentlespirit512@gmail.com