Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Eye of Truth (Agents of the Crown, #1)
This topic is about Eye of Truth
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Eye of Truth [May 26, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4611 comments Mod
Eye of Truth - Lindsay Buroker
Eye of Truth (Agents of the Crown, #1) by Lindsay Buroker
May 26, 2020.
Requested by Elizabeth.

Tammie | 3994 comments Elizabeth, are you still planning to buddy read this? I know you have several buddy reads right now, and are fighting a reading slump. I can start it now, but wanted to check with you first.

Choko (chokog) | 5373 comments If you guys read it, I might join you...

Brian | 986 comments I can try to join as well.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1031 comments I knocked a couple off my list so I'm not as overwhelmed and I'm slowly coming out of the slump. I may be a couple days late but I'm still planning this one. I've been reading another series by this author and am looking forward to seeing this one.

Tammie | 3994 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I knocked a couple off my list so I'm not as overwhelmed and I'm slowly coming out of the slump. I may be a couple days late but I'm still planning this one. I've been reading another series by thi..."

Ok great!

Brian | 986 comments Starting tonight

message 8: by Tammie (last edited May 25, 2020 03:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3994 comments I'm really sailing through this! I'm already 70% in. I find this author to be so easy and fun to read, and light and easy fun is what I need right now.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1031 comments yeah the other series I'm reading of hers are fun reads. Check out The Emperor's Edge. I've read the first three so far. I'll start this one in a few days

Tammie | 3994 comments I have the first 3 of those I think. I've also read her Fallen Empire series and mostly liked it.

Tammie | 3994 comments I would like to read her Death Before Dragons series Sinister Magic. Would anyone want to buddy read that one next?

message 12: by Melody (new)

Melody | 3 comments I’m on chapter 5 and so far I like Jev and Rhi best. I’m withholding my judgment on the main lady, Zenia.

message 13: by Tammie (last edited May 26, 2020 05:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3994 comments Melody wrote: "I’m on chapter 5 and so far I like Jev and Rhi best. I’m withholding my judgment on the main lady, Zenia."

I liked both of them from the beginning too. The main character grew on me pretty quickly.

Tammie | 3994 comments I finished. I don't have a lot to say, other than I really enjoyed it, and this author really likes her sexual innuendos. I thought they got too excessive in the Fallen Empire series. I like romance in my books, but I'm hoping it doesn't take over too much of the story in this series, like it did in that one.

Choko (chokog) | 5373 comments I am starting tomorrow... Just running behind on everything these days...

message 16: by Melody (new)

Melody | 3 comments I’ve reached chapter 10. I’m still all around happy with Jav. Can lack of bathing be a character flaw?

Chapters 8 & 9 felt like a road trip; avoid danger and have grudging conversations.

Tammie | 3994 comments Melody wrote: "I’ve reached chapter 10. I’m still all around happy with Jav. Can lack of bathing be a character flaw?

Chapters 8 & 9 felt like a road trip; avoid danger and have grudging conversations."

I love the road trip comparison! :D

Tammie | 3994 comments How is everyone doing with this? Is anyone else finished yet?

Brian | 986 comments I’m running a bit behind. I’m about halfway and hope to finish today or tonight. I’m game to continue series as well. I’m liking it so far

Choko (chokog) | 5373 comments Same here. I will be starting it tomorrow. But I plan on the whole series :-)

message 21: by Tammie (last edited May 29, 2020 01:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3994 comments Ok great! Can I go ahead and request a thread for the next book? When is good for everyone? I was thinking one a month.

Choko (chokog) | 5373 comments One a month sounds great!

Brian | 986 comments Perfect for me

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1031 comments just finished! I definitely enjoyed it, though I think I like the other series I'm reading by her more. Two of her characters I'd love to have meet would be Rhi and Maldynado from Emperor's Edge

Brian | 986 comments Finished. Overall I enjoyed the book. Part fantasy-part mystery but what really stood out for me was the characters. I thought their development was what kept me interested even when the story bogged down.

I'll definitely continue the series.

Tammie | 3994 comments I requested the thread for the next book.