Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
This topic is about The Queen's Poisoner
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Wheeler - The Queen's Poisoner [Jun 26, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4424 comments Mod
The Queen's Poisoner - Jeff Wheeler
The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1) by Jeff Wheeler
June 26, 2020.
Requested by Elizabeth.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments I'm not sure how I messed up so many dates when I was requesting my long list earlier this year, but I think this is the 3rd so far? This is actually starting tomorrow, 3/26/2020

I started a little early, now at chapter 12. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3882 comments I'll be starting this as soon as I'm done with the book I'm currently reading. Probably in a couple of days.

Tammie | 3882 comments Starting this now. Have you finished it yet Elizabeth?

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments Nope, I'm about a third of the way through.

Tammie | 3882 comments Up to chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 5102 comments I just wanted to ask... THere are two prequels to this one, are we reading them too and when?

message 8: by Tammie (last edited Mar 29, 2020 06:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3882 comments Choko wrote: "I just wanted to ask... THere are two prequels to this one, are we reading them too and when?"

If I keep liking this book a much as I currently do, then probably. I may not get to them until after the sequels though.

Tammie | 3882 comments Chapter 14 now. I'm really liking the way this is going so far. (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 5102 comments I am still planning on starting it tomorrow (•‿•)

Tammie | 3882 comments I finished this and would like to read the next book. Would anyone like to buddy read it with me?

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments I still have about 15% to go, but I'm interested in continuing

Tammie | 3882 comments Ok, I'm thinking April 8th if that works for everyone else.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments I already have 5 in April but I may be able to squeeze it in. I had more but I already deleted a couple from the list of what I was going to do next month.

Tammie | 3882 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I already have 5 in April but I may be able to squeeze it in. I had more but I already deleted a couple from the list of what I was going to do next month."

Ok, we can wait until May or June if you need to.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments Mid May may work, I'm signed up for a lot that month, but middle of the month both I currently have are audio, so I should be able to read this one then.

Tammie | 3882 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Mid May may work, I'm signed up for a lot that month, but middle of the month both I currently have are audio, so I should be able to read this one then."

I could do May 15th.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments works for me. Want me to request it or can you?

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments I just finished, it was a little slow in the middle but overall I really enjoyed it. I am glad though that there's a time jump for the next book so we'll have an older protagonist.

Tammie | 3882 comments Let's wait and see if May 15 is ok with Choko.

Choko (chokog) | 5102 comments May 5th is totally cool with me (•‿•)

I am up to Ch. 14... I like the kid, I completely mistrust the King, and his "blessing" is one I hate! I hate glemmar that can make a person look like someone else, and I hate all magic of compulsion and coercion! Those make me so paranoid. You can never trust anything the characters with such gifts do and I can never relax when reading books with them... This is just one of those personal quirks ʘ‿ʘ.

I have no idea what to make of the fat man... He is an unknown card at this point...

Love Owen's thing with the tiles! His whole behavior and personality reminds me of a kid on the autistic spectrum, only towards the high functioning end.

I am enjoying it so far, so let's see where it goes◉‿◉

Tammie | 3882 comments Ok, I'll let Elizabeth set up the buddy read.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 994 comments I just requested it.

Tammie | 3882 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I just requested it."

Thanks Elizabeth!

message 25: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments I started this spontaneously today because I saw you're doing a BR.

Up to chapter 8 and so far I'm liking the cozy feeling of a classical fantasy.
Also I'm wondering if (view spoiler)

message 26: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea | 2052 comments Chapter 12 + forword to chapter 13
(view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 5102 comments I just finished it. Yes, it was somewhat simplistic, but enjoyed it quite a bit. There is no way to not be a tad simpler, since the main characters are eight years old. I love Elizabeth Victoria Mortimer! Her constant chatter is adorable ❤️! And the narrator is very interesting character too(•‿•). Looking forward to the next book in the series...

Choko (chokog) | 5102 comments Bea, yeah, there is something very cosy about the way this story is written◉‿◉

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Queen's Poisoner (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeff Wheeler (other topics)