Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Mystic (Mystic, #1)
This topic is about Mystic
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Mystic [May 7, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4606 comments Mod
Mystic - Jason Denzel
Mystic (Mystic, #1) by Jason Denzel
May 7, 2020.
Requested by Elizabeth.

Tammie | 3989 comments I've started this. I'm switching off between this book and another one so it might take a little while.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1030 comments Hey Jenna, another one I must have typed too fast for. this one is supposed to start today.

I haven't started yet but I'm also reading another book. May not start until tomorrow or Sunday.

Tammie | 3989 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hey Jenna, another one I must have typed too fast for. this one is supposed to start today.

I haven't started yet but I'm also reading another book. May not start until tomorrow or Sunday."

No problem Elizabeth.

Tammie | 3989 comments I just finished chapter 6. (view spoiler)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1030 comments I haven't started. I haven't done much reading today or yesterday. I was hoping to finish at least one of the others I was reading before starting this, but may just go ahead and start no anyway.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1030 comments I've barely started....I've been watching too much Netflix.

message 8: by Tammie (last edited Feb 10, 2020 09:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tammie | 3989 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I've barely started....I've been watching too much Netflix."

Haha, I do that sometimes too. I finished the book last night. It was a little slow for me in the beginning, and I think some of the characters are dumbed down a bit too much. Some things they didn't pick up on were obvious to me, and I thought should have been obvious to them. I really liked the way it ended though. (view spoiler) With the way it ends, it really could be a stand-alone, but it looks like it will be a trilogy.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1030 comments I'm on chapter 4. it's okay but hasn't grabbed me yet.

Tammie | 3989 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I'm on chapter 4. it's okay but hasn't grabbed me yet."

It took it a while to grab me.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1030 comments chapter 6 and it's finally picking up. I was getting ready to give up on it.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1030 comments I finished it this morning. It was okay, but I'm not interested enough to continue.

Tammie | 3989 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I finished it this morning. It was okay, but I'm not interested enough to continue."

I'm not either. It was good as a standalone.

Frank | 668 comments I'm a bit confused, thought this was a may read.
Just finished it, didn't realize it was a YA, but felt every bit like it.
It was a coming of age story with the usual fantasy tropes. Enjoyable but not challenging.

Tammie | 3989 comments Frank wrote: "I'm a bit confused, thought this was a may read.
It was a coming of age story with the usual fantasy tropes. Enjoyable but..."

It was supposed to be a buddy read in February, but May was put down by accident on the form.

Tammie | 3989 comments Frank wrote: "I'm a bit confused, thought this was a may read.
It was a coming of age story with the usual fantasy tropes. Enjoyable but..."

I liked it ok, but didn't love it. It was indeed very YA.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mystic (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jason Denzel (other topics)