GXO Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya Patrice (new)

Tanya Patrice (tanyapatrice) | 168 comments Mod
Your task this month is to read at least 1 book that WON a book award in March. Any year ... as long as the award was presented in March. What will you read?!

To get you started, here are a few awards that have been presented in March:

* The 2019 Audie Awards were presented on Mar. 4, 2019.

* The 2018 National Book Critics Circle Awards were presented on Mar. 14, 2019.

* Comment below with the book you're reading for the challenge, the name of the award it won and the date it was presented. Mark it CHALLENGE COMPLETE if you've read the book.

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (Chapter_Adventure) (chapter_adventure) | 254 comments Mod
I'm going to read Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1) by Leigh Bardugo which won the 2019 Audie Award for Fantasy.

message 3: by Simone (last edited Feb 19, 2020 10:56AM) (new)

Simone (simonec75) | 67 comments I think I'm going to read this one in March

Nothing to See Here (Audie Awards 2020 for Best Female Narrator) If it this book doesn't win, then I will find something else ;-)

message 4: by Tanya Patrice (new)

I'm choosing from the Audie Awards - either The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter by Theodora Goss - Winner of the 2018 Audie Award for Fantasy ... or The Hike by Drew Magary - Winner of the 2017 Audie Awards for Fantasy.

message 5: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 6 comments I thought March was Sub-Genre Sound off. Or was that just a place holder idea on the master list?

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Dorothy wrote: "I thought March was Sub-Genre Sound off. Or was that just a place holder idea on the master list?"
It's Sub-Genre Sound off for the Monthly Motif Reading Challenge-March. This is a forum for the Book Award Reading Challenge-March. You're just on the wrong reading challenge. We host 3 of them.

message 7: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy | 6 comments Oh ok 😄 my bad

message 8: by cat (last edited May 03, 2020 09:36AM) (new)

cat reads (thecatwhoreads) | 22 comments I'm reading Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, winner of the 2019 Audie Book of the Year Award. I'm about 20% through, and it's amazing!

It's also a Nebula Award winner for anyone who wants to read it later this year.

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 9: by Tanya Patrice (new)

cat wrote: "I'm reading Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, winner of the 2019 Audie Book of the Year Award. I'm about 20% through, and it's amazing!"

I loved that book! And it's amazing on audio. Good choice :-)

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela McIntosh | 13 comments I read "Darkness, My Old Friend" by Lisa Unger

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Pamela wrote: "I read "Darkness, My Old Friend" by Lisa Unger"

That reminds me that I still haven't read anything by Lisa Unger!

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

I might pick a new book. I am just not enjoying Ninth House like I thought I would.

message 13: by Tanya Patrice (new)

Kimberly wrote: "I might pick a new book. I am just not enjoying Ninth House like I thought I would."

I started reading this too but maybe I'm not in the mood ... I'm setting it aside for something else.

message 14: by Kimberly (new)

TJ wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "I might pick a new book. I am just not enjoying Ninth House like I thought I would."

I started reading this too but maybe I'm not in the mood ... I'm setting it aside for somethin..."

Yeah. It just wasn't grabbing me and then I made the mistake of reading a few reviews and I couldn't bring myself to pick it up again.

message 15: by Simone (new)

Simone (simonec75) | 67 comments Yaaaaaaaaay, my book did actually win ... Just finished it today

Nothing to See Here

message 16: by Tanya Patrice (new)

Simone wrote: "Yaaaaaaaaay, my book did actually win ... Just finished it today - Nothing to See Here"

I was psyched to see that it won too Simone. I read it in January - quite interesting.

message 17: by Tanya Patrice (new)

I read Watchers by Dean Koontz which won a 2019 Audie Award for Best Male Narrator.