Challenge Corner discussion

Challenge Archives > Reading Goals 2020

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 60941 comments Mod
With January fast approaching, here is the place to post any goals you're setting for your reading in the new year. Hopefully we can encourage each other to stay motivated.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments My goals are to read about 300 pages a day. I don't know if that is realistic or not.

I do also want to finish more series and to buy more e-book/kindle rather than paperback/hardcover.

Oh and I also want to listen to more audiobooks. I need to figure out how to do that while walking Ruby.

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Ugh, I really (like REALLY) need to get back into Physicals.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Ugh, I really (like REALLY) need to get back into Physicals."

The book world is making that hard. lol. It's so much easier to listen to audios while doing stuff or reading an ebook as you can have 1000's at your fingertips. :)

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Ugh, I really (like REALLY) need to get back into Physicals."

The book world is making that hard. lol. It's so much easier to listen to audios while doing stuff or reading an ebook ..."

Yup, I brought like 3 physicals to my dads today but who knows if I will even get to them. Now that I'm off of work I feel like I should be cleaning and listening to audios lol but I also need to catch up on reviews.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Ugh, I really (like REALLY) need to get back into Physicals."

The book world is making that hard. lol. It's so much easier to listen to audios while doing s..."

IKR? I tend to take like 5 books if I'm away from the house for more than 3 hours. I like variety. Of course, I'll also take my kindle and kobo too. :P

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Ugh, I really (like REALLY) need to get back into Physicals."

The book world is making that hard. lol. It's so much easier to listen to audio..."

Lol well I have the kindle app on my phone so that's with my constantly. Plus the audible, overdrive, and hoopla app. Endless opportunities to listen or read a book.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I hate reading on my ipod. Screens to small. But I do like the audible app. ^_^

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Addai (heatheraddai) | 9 comments My goal is to read 150 books in 2020

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I hate reading on my ipod. Screens to small. But I do like the audible app. ^_^"

I don't think I have ever read on an iPod before. iPad yes but I always forget I have one of those because I'm so used to my phone or laptop.

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Heather wrote: "My goal is to read 150 books in 2020"

oo that's a nice goal! I feel like I wont really have a reading goal next year. Yes, I would like to read more physicals than anything because I've definitely slacked on that but since I didn't expect I would be getting so many work projects this year - my reading has definitely changed. So I think less pressure on myself (reading challenge wise) might be better for 2020.

Will definitely still be reading but I don't want it to be all about the number. More about the enjoyment of the actual books.

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Heather wrote: "My goal is to read 150 books in 2020"

oo that's a nice goal! I feel like I wont really have a reading goal next year. Yes, I would like to read more physicals than anything because..."

Great goal! ^-^

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

okay, I lied.. I made a reading challenge goal lmao.

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments lol. What did you decide on?

message 15: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "lol. What did you decide on?"

1,000 books again. No idea if I'm going to be given more projects this year. We are already moving to another building next weekend so hmm.. no idea.

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Awesome. That's a good goal and reasonable. ^_^

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Speaking of goals. So far I'm on track! So proud of myself!

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

I think I'm behind but that's because I haven't really read that much. Just 5 books lol but it's all good I'm more focused on finishing the sign ups and SS's for the next two monthly challenges. Might listen to an audio while doing laundry today.. who knows!

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "I think I'm behind but that's because I haven't really read that much. Just 5 books lol but it's all good I'm more focused on finishing the sign ups and SS's for the next two monthly challenges. Mi..."

I love that to you 5 books on day 4 is behind and 2 books on day 4 is ahead for me. lol. Goodreads is a bit of a mind f*ck that way. 😂

I'm also getting back into audio! Woohoo! Still only HP but at least I'm getting back into it!

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "I think I'm behind but that's because I haven't really read that much. Just 5 books lol but it's all good I'm more focused on finishing the sign ups and SS's for the next two monthly..."

hahaha true and weird

message 21: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

also let me know if those audios are good. I wanted to reread the HP series last month but ugh... work never gave me the time.

message 22: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Thomas wrote: "I want to read at least 2 books a month so that it can help me with my own writing, which I want to spend more of my free time doing."

2 books a month is really good! I hope you read some amazing ones

message 23: by Attack Salmon (last edited Jul 15, 2020 06:26AM) (new)

Attack Salmon This year's goal is 300

I can only dream of reaching 1000. My maximum is only 1 book per day

🤣 donno. Dont think its possible. I am only on 181 as of today. I am trying 1 book per day . Also signing up for so many BRs!! The challenges been fun though

And I dont trust the GR calculate how many books u are behind on thingy

message 24: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Jul 16, 2020 03:25PM) (new)

Attack Salmon wrote: "This year's goal is 300

I can only dream of reaching 1000. My maximum is only 1 book per day

🤣 donno. Dont think its possible. I am only on 181 as of today. I am trying 1 book per day . Also sign..."

Oh, my goal of 1,000 isn't looking too good right now. Might need to just wear a blindfold from now on. Maybe I'll catch up, maybe I wont. Who knows?

BUT 1 book a day is still amazing and a great goal. Sometimes I don't even get to read a page and it makes me sad but life gets in the way. Especially work life.

message 25: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3824 comments Two months left and 2021 will be upon us! How is everyone doing with their challenges?

2020 has been the year I read the most. I'm at 335/365 while my best before that was 313... I'm thinking I might up my goal next year :)

message 26: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Kelly wrote: "Two months left and 2021 will be upon us! How is everyone doing with their challenges?

2020 has been the year I read the most. I'm at 335/365 while my best before that was 313... I'm thinking I m..."

I think I'm doing a lot better than I was in July lol.

message 27: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3824 comments Alaina wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Two months left and 2021 will be upon us! How is everyone doing with their challenges?

2020 has been the year I read the most. I'm at 335/365 while my best before that was 313... I'..."

ahah yes you're getting closer :)

message 28: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Kelly wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Two months left and 2021 will be upon us! How is everyone doing with their challenges?

2020 has been the year I read the most. I'm at 335/365 while my best before tha..."

haha yesss but now I feel like I need to focus on buddy reads and arcs lol. That way I can get the ones that I just requested!