Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Comedies > Horton Hears a Who

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Loved this movie! It was soooo much better than the other adaptations of Dr Seuss books like Grinch and Cat in the Hat. This movie was so well put together and felt totally like I was reading a Dr Seuss book!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Overall, a good movie. I especially liked the adult dialogue. It did seem a little long, though.

message 3: by Chel ♪ (new)

Chel ♪ (pianochick) | 7 comments I know it is soooo good. It is really cute and I like how they added the Dr Seuss phrasing at just the write time. I would totally recommend it. One of my fav animated movies

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 42 comments I enjoyed this movie. Some really funny parts. My 6 year old niece slept through half of it though! Oh, and didn't you think the REO Speedwagon/split screen ending was a bit cheese-O-riffic? (and not in a good way...)

message 5: by Cookiesue9x (new)

Cookiesue9x (cookiesue) | 21 comments I take in a LOT of kids movies I don't particularly want to see because I go with or take my grands to them ("Underdog" comes to mind uggg).
I went to see "Horton" with 2 daughters and 5 grands, the kids(including the 3 month old ) were PERFECT !!! and we all enjoyed it.
Later in the week my husband I took 3 of them to see Spiderwick" , kids were again wonderful, but, honestly, I enjoyed "Horton" more;much to my surprize.

message 6: by Saadia (new)

Saadia (freedragonlady1) I took my Big Brothers/Big Sisters Little Sister and we went with my son and his family. I loved it, but having read the book less than ten minutes before seeing the show, I could tell quite a bit was added to the script. All in all I thought it was one of the better childrens flicks

message 7: by Ed (new)

Ed | 219 comments Mod
Man, I need to take my daughter and friends to this movie!

message 8: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (musshel) I saw this movie this weekend with my daughter, sister, brother-in-law, friend, and her nephews. We all loved it. I thought it was a very good adaptation of the book. Much better than Cat in the Hat.

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail D.C. | 228 comments never saw cat in the hat but was very Unimpresed with grinch. We saw horton and just loved it! We had a good time and the next day my boy was asking to go see it again.

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie | 25 comments Ummm, I thought this was o.k. I am not a huge fan of animated films that aren't also musicals i.e. Disney fare but this was pretty good. Did anyone else catch all the messages in this story? Like Narnia I think this had a very strong Christian component and I thought that was neat. My 5 year old loved watching this film because her class had read the story. She came home telling everyone that it was good but also sad too.

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo | 24 comments Think a 2 year old could sit through it. I know it depends on the kids, but assuming this one does watch movies (at home) with his sister.

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jaclynfre) | 50 comments Every elementary teacher in the world, is waiting for this movie to come to dvd for holiday parties and end-of-the-year book to movie venn diagram opportunities!!

Make that a rush!

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel i loved this movie. so cute and innocent and fun and colorful and sweet. fantastic movie. definitely a future dvd purchase.

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo | 24 comments My 4 year old laughed through the entire movie. And my 2 year old was so excited by the experience. I really enjoyed it.

message 15: by Kayli 500 (new)

Kayli 500 I loved this one because of Jim Carrey. He was funny!