New Adult Book Club discussion

The Lightning Conjurer: The Awakening
This topic is about The Lightning Conjurer
Read it Review it > #96/19 ~ The Lightning Conjurer Book 1: The Awakening by Rachel Rener

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chiara (last edited Dec 21, 2019 12:35AM) (new)

Chiara | 331 comments Mod
#96/19

Title: The Lightning Conjurer, Book 1: The Awakening
Author: Rachel Rener
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Fantasy
Heat Level: Mild
Formats ~ Any via a Smashwords link
Copies ~ 20 (sent out by NABC)
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

*GIVEAWAY US ONLY * ~Anyone who RI&RI this book and leaves their review on Goodreads and Amazon will be in with a chance win a signed paperback copy of the book 1 The Awakening or Book 2 The Enlightening.

Synopsis

Three years ago, Aspen (as she calls herself) awoke alone in an empty cabin in the forest, not knowing her name, where she came from, or where she was. Since then, she’s been forced to live entirely off the grid, without gas, internet, or electricity.

But this week has been stranger than ever, as Aspen finds herself dealing with tornadoes that appear out of nowhere, fireplaces that eject plumes of fire straight into her living room, and freezing bathwater that heats with a single, wishful thought. Even the college class she’s auditing goes awry when the associate professor, Aiden, has a problem with her from the moment she sets foot in the lecture. When he confronts her after class, she panics, causing the ceiling lights to explode in a shower of sparks. That’s when Aiden realizes what she is.

Like him, this young woman with the strangely-colored eyes is an Elementalist; someone who can wield one, maybe two, of the five Elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, and Lightning. But there’s something very remarkable about Aspen – she’s the first Elementalist in centuries who may be able to wield all five, catching the attention of an ancient organization called the Asterian Order.

In her mission to discover who – and what – she is, Aspen must learn to control her powers, navigate her budding feelings for Aiden, and unearth the startling secret about her past that no one wants her to figure out.

TO SIGN UP, please leave your email and what format you'd like. Please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread.

If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know so we can remove your name from THE LIST. Thank You.

Reviewers:

1. Acheron - acheronlover@live.com
2. Sasha - sasha.bevis@gmail.com [ePub]
3. Laren - Laurenmariewale_ExW1ai@kindle.com [mobi]

Literature Lover (acheron-lover) | 23 comments acheronlover@live.com
please!

message 3: by Sasha (new)

Sasha | 4 comments Yes please! sasha.bevis@gmail.com ePub

message 4: by Derna (last edited Dec 19, 2019 11:41AM) (new)

Derna | 4606 comments Mod
I have sent copies out to members whose names have been added to the list. Please remember that you have until 8th January (3 weeks) in which to read and review this book, and post your review here. Any problems just let me know. Enjoy

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Irwin Wale (irwin2lm) | 11 comments Can I please have a mobi copy please? Laurenmariewale_ExW1ai@kindle.com

What email address do I need to add to get it? Thanks!

message 6: by Derna (new)

Derna | 4606 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "Can I please have a mobi copy please? Laurenmariewale_ExW1ai@kindle.com

What email address do I need to add to get it? Thanks!"

Send me your normal email and I will send you a link to download the book.

message 7: by Literature (last edited Jan 06, 2020 06:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Literature Lover (acheron-lover) | 23 comments I thought i might be late but I made it! >< I was having trouble with Kindle, and need to find a different reader adapter.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

second time doing this posting on amazon without kindle ><
hope this helps

https://www.amazon.com/review/create-...

message 8: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Rener Thanks for the review! Just wait until books 2 and 3 for a big uptake of romance 😉💕