About a Boy About a Boy discussion

About a Boy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Is a curious book about a boy a man he befriends in trying to connect him and hsi mother. I personally enjoy the British wit and the story that unfolds from a curious mind.

message 2: by Chuckell (new)

Chuckell Unlike required reading High Fidelity, the movie is better than the book.

Nawar I loved this book. It was such a page turner and made me laugh on numerous occasions.
The characters really spoke out to me and I felt like I understood them in a way, Ellie and Marcus both reminded me of my younger self.
I can't decide if it was better than the movie but it was great anyway.

message 4: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali the movie was wonderful (much can be attributed to the soundtrack) but i think the book was much better (as it usually is). and i agree the british humor is wonderful. i would recommend how to be good for another great hornby book.

have any of you read his newest book? i'm apprehensive. i read a long way down and was extremely disappointed.

message 5: by Nikki (last edited Oct 25, 2008 03:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nikki About a boy - I loved this book when I read, a few years back now. I also loved the movie when it came out and have watched it several times now. The movie was not a dissappointment as they often are after having read the book. I haven't read his newest book yet.