The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Giver of Stars
This topic is about The Giver of Stars
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > The Giver of Stars (December 2019) Buddy Read Discussion - Laurel, Laura, Cassandra

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Dec 05, 2019 01:31PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 532 comments Mod
Welcome to The Giver of Stars Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on December 15th and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each week we will be reading by chapters. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 12/15
December 15: Prologue + Chapters 1-4
December 16: Chapters 5-8
December 17: Chapters 9-12
December 18: Chapters 13-16
December 19: Chapters 17-20
December 20: Chapters 21-24
December 21: Chapters 25-28

PARTICIPANTS
- Laurel
- Laura
- Cassandra

Cassandra Struble | 38 comments i would like to join!

message 3: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) | 1567 comments Mod
Cassandra wrote: "i would like to join!"

I can't wait to start! One more day!

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments Im starting today :)

Cassandra Struble | 38 comments im starting now!!

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

message 7: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "Chapter 1: [spoilers removed]"

Same! (view spoiler)

And Marge! I'm...kinda hoping Marge is gay?

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Laura wrote: "Chapter 1: [spoilers removed]"

Same! Alice is just like, "ugh, propriety." Also, I can completely empathize with her hating living in another cage, particularly one as stifling and a..."

Yes! We need more LGBTQ+ representation in historical fiction!

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments Chapter 3: (view spoiler)

message 10: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "Chapter 3: [spoilers removed]"

Lol this definitely does not paint American ladies in a good light, does it? Granted...it's very accurate.

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments Up to chapter 11; (view spoiler)

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments Chapter 13: (view spoiler)

message 13: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm so far behind!

Cassandra Struble | 38 comments omg i am so loving the way these women are with racist. i completely agree with the American and British differences. Who knew the women in that age were still so feisty towards ungratful men!

message 15: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chapter 14-15 (view spoiler)

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments Chapter 23:(view spoiler)

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Chapter 14-15 [spoilers removed]"

I always wanted to be a librarian but reading this has made that calling so much stronger!

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments Chapter 27:(view spoiler)

message 19: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Chapter 14-15 [spoilers removed]"

I always wanted to be a librarian but reading this has made that calling so much stronger!"

You should! You should!

message 20: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished and I LOVED IT!!!!

message 21: by Laura (last edited Dec 20, 2019 11:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "I finished and I LOVED IT!!!!"

ME TOO!!!

message 22: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Here's my review: The Giver of Stars

Laura (justagalwithme) | 116 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Here's my review: The Giver of Stars"

I love your review! I wish i could write as eloquently as you but my chronic illness scrambled brain just won't put the words together in anyway that would make sense to anyone other than me.

I've just bought this on my Mum's Kindle for her for Christmas and am now pestering her to read it so we can discuss. If I could leave my bed I'd set up a book club in this twisted town of mine!

message 24: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile], Main Procrastinator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Here's my review: The Giver of Stars"

I love your review! I wish i could write as eloquently as you but my chronic illness scrambled brain just won't put the..."

Thank you! I always feel like my words come out incredibly garbled and incoherent, and my reviews never say exactly what I want them to say.

Is there any way you could convince your local library (if there's one around) to do an online book club? This would be the perfect pick!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.