Eat, Pray, Love Eat, Pray, Love discussion

So what would be your word?

Comments (showing 151-200 of 283) (283 new)    post a comment »

message 151: by Margot (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margot Helena wrote: "ENVY"
Why Helena? I didnt expect that word! :)

Blue Eyed Vixen Inner-peace or equilibrium.

Blue Eyed Vixen June wrote: "UGH!!!! Was I the only person who thought this book was awful?"

Such a generic comment...would be more helpful if you actually explain "why" you didn't like it.

message 154: by J.M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.M. Ney-Grimm Free! Because I'm finally creating the things I want to create, after decades of being stopped by inaccurate beliefs.

As for the book . . . well, I enjoyed it. I felt for the author in her initial difficulty. I rejoiced for her in the healing she described in India. (And her wish to be perceived as the silent, spiritual yogini quietly doing useful things in the background, followed by her assignment as "welcoming hostess," followed by other folks perceiving her as the quiet yogini doing useful things in the background, made me laugh.) But she seemed to lose her center again in Indonesia. I hope she found it after the close of the book.

Deborah Learning - love to learn..am always reading, talking to folks, trying things....learning.

message 156: by Tara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tara enigmatic

Kimberly Jackson My word? Hmmm! I have been thinking about that for a while now. I have to say "Phoenix" because it feels as if I am rising from the ashes of life and moving forward.

message 158: by Leanna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leanna Journey

message 159: by Sarah (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah hopeful...

Deborah Now hopeful is a good word. It's amazing how a bit of hope can make you feel lighter :) and be more open to opportunities.

message 161: by Ipek (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ipek solitude.

Michele Harrod Shine. It's hard to describe, but it is how I feel most of the time, and how I see the world around me. Either shiny, or not.

Marnie  Krüger Conquering

message 164: by Diane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diane Ripley Believeth

message 165: by Colleen (last edited Feb 02, 2012 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Colleen Spanish word "quijotesco" it means quixotic. I used the SPanish word because I am studying Spanish and it basically sounds pretty.

This is my favoite word since it is based off the Spanish (Another reason for it being in spanish) fictional character Don Quixote. It means foolishly impractical, idealistic or fantastical. Unpredictable.

I think I am incredibly predictable, BUT I see myself as very idealistic and forever living in my imagination. Also what better way to acknowledge my love of books than use a word named for a character??

message 166: by Barbara (last edited Feb 05, 2012 11:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Barbara J.M. wrote: "Free! Because I'm finally creating the things I want to create, after decades of being stopped by inaccurate beliefs.

As for the book . . . well, I enjoyed it. I felt for the author in her initial..."

you need to read her follow up book Committed, it tells where she went in her life after and should be required reading for anyone thinking about marriage, just my thoughts and my word would be caregiver

message 167: by Janet (new) - rated it 4 stars

Janet Denise wrote: "I'm still thinking of mine at the moment the only one I can think of is unsatisfied. That can't be good."

Not necessarily. It opens up a lot of possibilities.

message 168: by J.M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J.M. Ney-Grimm Barbara wrote: you need to read her follow up book Committed, it tells where she went in her life after and should be required reading for anyone thinking about marriage..."

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know she'd written a follow-up. I'll check it out.

message 169: by Marla (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marla I think my word would be "open." I saw the author as sort of flinging herself at new experiences, then trying to make sense of her reactions.

message 170: by Camy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Camy Balance is my word

message 171: by Emily (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emily Not sure I'll ever figure it out...

message 172: by Jazzy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jazzy Romance

message 173: by Shelly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shelly Complicated

Christiana Hadji wait

message 175: by Hannah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah Mine would be "Passionate". Everything I do in my life im extremly passionate about. My career, traveling, new experiences, theres just so much life to live and such little time. I want to experience everything that I can and love every minute of it.

message 176: by Rod (last edited Feb 22, 2012 04:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rod  C. Cohen I liked this novel. Gilbert had problems dealing with Western consumerism, and that is admirable. There's much more to life than big bucks. Somehow her soul seems to have been damaged in the process and she sets out on a journey to find it. But, as a person, I feel she's lacking the quality her big sister has. Big sis is the type of person who'll organize a casserole for a family in the neighborhood if the mother is sick. In contrast, Gilbert's main occupation is finding her own happiness and, she explains, by being happy she makes the world a happier place. I liked the novel for it's honesty, for the writer putting herself out like that.

Shorouk Ah still cant define it

message 178: by Susan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan Comfort

message 179: by Emma (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emma Harris BLAND..... I'm sad to say. It lacked depth of any kind

message 180: by Simona (new)

Simona Plagiarism!!!!!!!
"Love moves the sun and the other stars" belongs to the great Dante Alighieri!!! Shame on you!!!

Regina Pessimistic

message 182: by Anna (new)

Anna Love, Laugh and Smile!!

message 183: by [deleted user] (new)

My word would be: Explorer

message 184: by Gina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gina charity

message 185: by Karen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Karen Locklear Whiny

message 186: by Janet (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janet Martinez Gassy

message 187: by Kessa (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kessa Nicole wrote: "self-absorbed"

Ditto

message 188: by Ashley (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashley "Wanderlust"- a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.

message 189: by Cathie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cathie Resilience

message 190: by Joana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joana Hopeful

message 191: by Diane (new) - rated it 1 star

Diane Blue Eyed Vixen wrote: "June wrote: "UGH!!!! Was I the only person who thought this book was awful?"

Such a generic comment...would be more helpful if you actually explain "why" you didn't like it."

You don't have to explain "UGH" to me, I agree with you!

message 192: by Susan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan What question are people answering here?

The word that describes yourself? (as the Eat, Pray, Love author said every city had one word to describe it)

or

The word that describes your feeling toward the book?

We seem to be getting varying answers here, or else a lot of people don't think too highly of themselves.

message 193: by Jeanne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeanne Blake Change. I say that I want to be on an even keel, but then every time I turn around, I volunteer to change... usually in work, but in other areas also. Or it could be evolve. That might be even more to the point.

message 194: by Joana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joana Susan wrote: "What question are people answering here?

The word that describes yourself? (as the Eat, Pray, Love author said every city had one word to describe it)

or

The word that describes your feeling tow..."

I think it's a word that describes you :)

message 195: by Arya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arya My word would be "read". It is one thing that i love doing. It has , in a way, shaped me into what i am today.

Jeannettecc Coffee... sipped slowly

message 197: by Jawe (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jawe Querimit my word would be HOPING. =)

message 198: by Harrie (new) - rated it 3 stars

Harrie Pakyutsie Unpredictable.

message 199: by Marie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marie Zhuikov In the story, the "word" was used to describe a geographic location. My girlfriend and I both decided the best word for our city was "Remote." It describes both the location and the attitude of the people in it.

message 200: by Dyan (new)

Dyan Lee Narcissist. Whiner. Psychiatrist. Sucks. (any of those words fit the bill)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Eat, Pray, Love (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anne Maven (other topics)