The Sword and Laser discussion

What video games are you playing?

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christos (new)

Christos | 84 comments I got a free 30 day trial of PS Now so I’ve been playing a lot of older games I never finished like Uncharted 1 and Mkrrors Edge. After I’m done I’m going to play the ew Call of Duty on my cousins account. I’ve never played a COD game before

message 2: by Ian (new)

Ian Seal (rebel-geek) | 184 comments I recommend:
Tomb Raider games
Fallout games
Skyrim
Wolfenstein games
Doom

I’m currently working through Gears of War, Halo 3, Fallout 4 & more.

message 3: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

Tassie Dave | 2678 comments Mod
I'm between games at the moment. I have Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey on my Xbox One, but I'm wary of starting such time heavy games coming into Summer :-?

Uncharted is one of those series I wish had come to Xbox.

message 4: by Jannik (new)

Jannik (jann1k) | 40 comments Currently, a lot on the road for work, so, no multiplayer or console for me. Mostly playing either Two Point Hospital or Dicey Dungeons on Steam. Also, I'll probably start with Disco Elysium some time soon-ish.

PS4 wise you should look into The Last of Us and The Outer Worlds. If you like Uncharted 1 just continue with the series, all the sequels are far better than the first game.

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill | 95 comments I mostly just play video games with my 6 and 7 year old nieces these days. So we have been playing minecraft and I just picked up the new Mario vs. Sonic Olympics yesterday.

message 6: by Christos (new)

Christos | 84 comments Well it turns out my cousin bought a physical copy of COD so I can’t play it on his account, so I borrowed Assassins Creed Odyssey. I beat the main game but I skipped the Atlantis side quests, I’m playing those so I can play the DLC

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (j-boo) | 255 comments Life is Strange 2 and Heaven's Vault

message 8: by Aeryn98 (new)

Aeryn98 | 173 comments If Persona 5 is there that is a great game.
It took me forever to play Assassin Creed Odyssey but I am a completionist.
And right now I am playing the remaster of final fantasy xii.

message 9: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 3804 comments Link’s Awakening remake for Switch. I adored the gameboy version and am loving the remake.

Looking forward to Pokémon Shield.

message 10: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1573 comments Mod
Just started playing Outer Worlds! Enjoying it so far -- kind of reminds of me this month's book pick

message 11: by Richard (last edited Nov 09, 2019 09:01AM) (new)

Richard Vogel | 9 comments I've been playing Shadow of Mordor for the last few months and am now playing the expansions. Considering the source material, it's not a great story, though it uses existing characters in the books, a few from earlier than the Lord of the Rings books. It's really got great game play with the "Nemesis" system, where when you die, the orc army gets stronger, but you can see a board to show how your actions affect their army. You can even replace orcs with ones that work for you and eventually take over the army. The expansions are fun in that they use this system and focus on the characters you meet more than the main protagonist, who is not that interesting.

message 12: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 5866 comments Mod
I'm playing a lot of WoW Classic like it's 2004 all over again. We'll see how long it holds my interest, but I still play WoW Retail so probably for quite some time yet. Especially since I'm not even max level yet.

message 13: by Ian (new)

Ian Seal (rebel-geek) | 184 comments At a friend's suggestion, I decided to play Fallout: New Vegas (which I had previously skipped). I am enjoying it immensely. I chose the Wild Wasteland Perk & already found Owen & Beru's skeletons. Ha!

message 14: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2654 comments I'm replaying the Mass Effect trilogy. It's my comfort gaming.

message 15: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2017 comments Dara wrote: "I'm replaying the Mass Effect trilogy. It's my comfort gaming."

As it happens, I'm closing in on the end of Mass Effect 2 for the second time; I'm planning on following it with Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order when that comes out on Friday.

message 16: by Aeryn98 (new)

Aeryn98 | 173 comments Dara wrote: "I'm replaying the Mass Effect trilogy. It's my comfort gaming."

It's always great to see what the space hamster is up to.

message 17: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2654 comments I'm a Mass Effect fangirl and with all the crap I'm dealing with, I need an escape.

message 18: by Trike (new)

Trike | 5702 comments Dara wrote: "I'm a Mass Effect fangirl and with all the crap I'm dealing with, I need an escape."

I’m commander Dara and this is my favorite game on the Citadel.

message 19: by Aeryn98 (last edited Nov 13, 2019 09:00AM) (new)

Aeryn98 | 173 comments I just wish they'd put out the trilogy for the PS4

message 20: by Rick (last edited Nov 13, 2019 09:10AM) (new)

Rick | 2341 comments Rob wrote: "I'm playing a lot of WoW Classic like it's 2004 all over again. We'll see how long it holds my interest, but I still play WoW Retail so probably for quite some time yet. Especially since I'm not ev..."

Same. Been playing consistently but not no-lifing it since launch and I'm 42. It's not a game I'm playing to find out the end or to rush to raid, it's purely playing with friends and a pleasant distraction.

message 21: by Dara (last edited Nov 13, 2019 10:32AM) (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2654 comments Trike wrote: "Dara wrote: "I'm a Mass Effect fangirl and with all the crap I'm dealing with, I need an escape."

I’m commander Dara and this is my favorite game on the Citadel."

Fun fact: my username for Goodreads is cmdrdara. So the link to my page is https://www.goodreads.com/cmdrdara

message 22: by Trike (new)

Trike | 5702 comments Weird. I’m psychic. Again.

message 23: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2654 comments Point for Trike!

Anyway, back to Mass Effect. I'm playing a vanguard for the first time. It's fun but I still love infiltrator best. Nothing will be better than me and my trusty Black Widow sniper rifle.

message 24: by Aeryn98 (new)

Aeryn98 | 173 comments Except if you had a friendly combat drone with you. Ugh now you’re making me want to play it again.

message 25: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rick wrote: "Rob wrote: "I'm playing a lot of WoW Classic like it's 2004 all over again. We'll see how long it holds my interest, but I still play WoW Retail so probably for quite some time yet. Especially sinc..."

Yeah, I've been duoing with a friend as shaman/hunter a few nights/hours each week.

However, last weekend weekend we met a tank/priest combo and we've been running dungeons with them a lot since trying to push to 90g for the mount. So it's been a bit more like no-lifing it than I had been since launch.

I think I'm just under 41. And I'm still like 7g short and that's without training any of my level 40 spells yet. Hoping I can finally get enough tonight before I leave town for a long weekend.

And I can't wait until I'm saving for the level 60 mount again. >.<

What class are you playing?

message 26: by Rick (last edited Nov 14, 2019 09:14AM) (new)

Rick | 2341 comments Rob wrote: "Rick wrote: "Rob wrote: "I'm playing a lot of WoW Classic like it's 2004 all over again. We'll see how long it holds my interest, but I still play WoW Retail so probably for quite some time yet. Es..."

Don't train anything you don't need. Spells are 1g+ at 40+ and 90g was a push (and I sold everything I got). I left a ton of things untrained and ended up with the mount at 41.

I rolled a mage this time. My original classes in vanilla was a rogue and in retail I've mostly played that, a priest for a while, a hunter and a druid. Mage is... amusing. And dies a lot.

message 27: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2654 comments Aeryn98 wrote: "Except if you had a friendly combat drone with you. Ugh now you’re making me want to play it again."

DO IT. Fire it up. It still holds up even being 12 years old.

message 28: by Trike (new)

Trike | 5702 comments Dara wrote: "Aeryn98 wrote: "Except if you had a friendly combat drone with you. Ugh now you’re making me want to play it again."

DO IT. Fire it up. It still holds up even being 12 years old."

The only thing that’s allowed me to read any books over the past two years is my video card crapping out on me. Otherwise I’d still be constantly playing ME3’s multiplayer. I hated the game but I loves me that multiplayer action.

Once Ship of Heroes and Dual Universe launch I’ll buy a new PC and no one will ever see me again.

message 29: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rick wrote: "Rob wrote: "Rick wrote: "Rob wrote: "I'm playing a lot of WoW Classic like it's 2004 all over again. We'll see how long it holds my interest, but I still play WoW Retail so probably for quite some ..."

I've been skipping spells since level 12. It hasn't been enough apparently.

I mained a rogue for most of the game, but I rolled a mage alt in vanilla and pvped with it. Mage is all about kiting and burst damage.

Of course this time I'm playing my mage with a healer this time so hard to say it's easy not to die. lol

message 30: by Aeryn98 (new)

Aeryn98 | 173 comments Like books I've still got a pile of video games piled up. I'll start a new one but then when I'm almost done I'll start thinking about an old one I want to play (read) again. And its usually ME, or Dragons Age.

message 31: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2654 comments Same. I end up switching between Mass Effect and Skyrim. But I do love me some Borderlands and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

message 32: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2017 comments I just started the Suicide Mission in ME2, which works out well -- I should finish it up tonight or tomorrow (hopefully this time without losing anybody) and then I can move straight into Jedi Fallen Order.

message 33: by Trike (new)

Trike | 5702 comments Joseph wrote: "I just started the Suicide Mission in ME2, which works out well -- I should finish it up tonight or tomorrow (hopefully this time without losing anybody) and then I can move straight into Jedi Fall..."

On one of my play-throughs of ME2 I wanted to do a true Suicide Squad scenario where most of the characters would be dead at the end. Took me a few tries but I eventually did it.

Write-up here: https://www.deviantart.com/dashmccool...

It was hilarious to watch Shepard give his rousing final speech at the end to just Grunt, who kept looking around as if to say, “Who are you looking at, dude?” 😂

message 34: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2017 comments Trike wrote: "On one of my play-throughs of ME2 I wanted to do a true Suicide Squad scenario where most of the characters would be dead at the end. Took me a few tries but I eventually did it...."

Nice! My first time through, I lost Mordin, but this time everybody lives, dammit!

message 35: by Aeryn98 (new)

Aeryn98 | 173 comments No! Not Tali. Tali must always live!

message 36: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2017 comments And I did finish it last night with everybody alive and well.

Next up: Jedi Fallen Order.

message 37: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 3804 comments Pokémon is here so I’ll be buried in that for awhile (that and real life. Silly real life)

message 38: by Richard (new)

Richard Vogel | 9 comments I finished all of Shadow of Mordor and both expansions. The hunter expansion was fun twist on using the animals to fight the orc horde. The Bright Lord was brutally hard and focused on getting good at one of the main game mechanics, while ignoring the best part of the game, manipulating the orcs. It did provide a small twist to the main story at the end, but reused the same videos to do it.

Now I'm in the mood for a long fantasy epic, so I'm playing Pillars of Eternity for the first time. I heard that Obsidian Entertainment just came out with a well received Sci-Fi game Outer Worlds, and remembered they are very good with story. I enjoyed the NeverWinter Nights 2 game which they made, so thought I should do something by them my computer could handle. Should be immersed in it for quite a while, with expansions and all.